Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
aestatic

Stainless Steel Toilet Cabinet

Well I bought two ceramic sinks that are supported by stainless steel cabinets from Hoe Kee. Seemed like a good idea, won't rust and can conceal the bottles of soap etc. To my surprise rust started forming on the hinges and on one cabinet door with a hydraulic arm, on the hydraulic shaft too!

Called Hoe Kee and was told that the cabinets are stainless but the hinges are not. Apparently everyone knows that, as the contact person said. Was told to email photos of the rust to them. Then today a Jonathan called me and said that the rust was due to the soap spilled on one of them and the other rusted because I did not keep it clean and dry. In the toilet? Wow. I didn't know I had bought two liabilities.

Am I the only one who feels let down?

Edited by aestatic

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Use the lemon law if u'd bought it after 1 Sep. Else it is almost a no-win case.

I sell specialty chemicals for surface treatment and honestly, DO NOT believe that

stainless steel will not rust, under any circumstances. Always "play safe".

Sorry to learn about ur case, but I think the next best thing now is to consider

doing up vanity tops.

Well I bought two ceramic sinks that are supported by stainless steel cabinets from Hoe Kee. Seemed like a good idea, won't rust and can conceal the bottles of soap etc. To my surprise rust started forming on the hinges and on one cabinet door with a hydraulic arm, on the hydraulic shaft too!

Called Hoe Kee and was told that the cabinets are stainless but the hinges are not. Apparently everyone knows that, as the contact person said. Was told to email photos of the rust to them. Then today a Jonathan called me and said that the rust was due to the soap spilled on one of them and the other rusted because I did not keep it clean and dry. In the toilet? Wow. I didn't know I had bought two liabilities.

Am I the only one who feels let down?

at least the salesperson at Hoe Kee was upfront and told me all their stainless steel will eventually rust and there are over 1000 over different grades of stainless steel.....so....i still bought their items and prepare myself mentally...