Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
chowuchobo

Bird Nest For Mother To Be

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi! I find your question interesting so I googled it! :D

...and I found this helpful article concerning BIRD'S NEST and PREGNANCY: ;)

Is it safe to eat bird's nest soup in pregnancy?

Dr Chia reviews BabyCenter Malaysia articles on pregnancy

The short answer is no, for various reasons. Bird's nest soup is a traditional Chinese delicacy believed to contain restorative powers. It is said to have anti-ageing properties. Many also believe it can help strengthen the immune system. The nutritional value of edible bird’s nest is believed to come from the saliva of the swiftlet which builds its nests in caves near the shoreline (some birds' nests are also "farmed" in large buildings and houses). However, it is important to note that these claims about nutritional value have not been conclusively and scientifically proven.

Due to its short supply, the cost of bird’s nest has also escalated. So pregnant mums end up paying a lot of money for something that has not been proven to make any difference to the health of mother or baby.

The other issue is that of extracting or harvesting the bird’s nest. Unregulated harvesting methods and improper preparation have led to claims of producers bleaching and colouring the nests. Some have reportedly added ingredients without supervision. In the process, there may be contamination of the bird’s nest, which may harm mother or baby. As such, unless one trusts the company that produces the bird’s nest, it is best to completely avoid it.

Read more: http://www.babycenter.com.my/x1044017/is-it-safe-to-eat-birds-nest-soup-in-pregnancy#ixzz2EqREYhEl

HOPE THIS HELPS!

Edited by elimome24