Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Hobbyking

Maximum Width Of The Front Gate Opening Entrance

Hi all.

Was thinking of widening my front gate enterence and demolish the existing wall which required to shift the

power/water module which was build in the wall entrence.

I need a few advice here:

1. How wide the entrence can we extend to ?

2. Extending the entrence required to build a bridge along the drain, hence required what type of permit ?

3. How much cost we looking at ?

All advice will be greatly appreciated.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi all.

Was thinking of widening my front gate enterence and demolish the existing wall which required to shift the

2. Extending the entrence required to build a bridge along the drain, hence required what type of permit ?

A relatively big project. As far as I know (so other forumers please amend, add, delete the following as they see fit):

1. 4m; please check with LTA hotline.

2. The entrance culvert, the bridge you called, requires fulfillment of specifications from PUB and LTA. The PE you engaged will take care of them, the submission, proper construction and then CSC. You will need a surveyor I think.

3. The entrance culvert, about $15,000. But as you are relocating the Meter Compartment, there are fees to SP Services related to termination of existing services, construction of new Meter Compartment plus wall, and then connection of services.

Cheers!

A relatively big project. As far as I know (so other forumers please amend, add, delete the following as they see fit):

1. 4m; please check with LTA hotline.

2. The entrance culvert, the bridge you called, requires fulfillment of specifications from PUB and LTA. The PE you engaged will take care of them, the submission, proper construction and then CSC. You will need a surveyor I think.

3. The entrance culvert, about $15,000. But as you are relocating the Meter Compartment, there are fees to SP Services related to termination of existing services, construction of new Meter Compartment plus wall, and then connection of services.

Cheers!

Thks mate for your valuable reply.

Have you guys notice any gate door more than 5-6m ?

Thank you.

Bridge over longkang probably won't be able to get permit. Previously a certain estate in east coast (old semi D estate) has problems with parking and residents vetoed to MP URA LTA PUB about paying to cover up the drain so that cars can be park on the pavement but the petition was put down by PUB citing difficulty in clearing the longkang. So there are some residents who got their own contractors to install wooden planks to build a "bridge" from pavement to their boundary line and then place planters on it.

But But But...they receive summons whenever the ah neh cleaners come and need to clear dead leaves in the longkang coz cannot access mah.

So ya...duno how u are going to do it though.

Hi all.

My house : front gate (for car) is 4m wide and we have 1.5m wide pedestrain gate. The approvals took quite a bit of time as a few agencies' approval are needed(i think the usual plus LTA, PUB and may be NEA). Initially, we were asked to build culvert (i.e to cover the drain) along the entire width of the house but we (through architect) appealed successfully. We need to do the culvert in front of the gate and pedestrain gate, obviously.

i chanced upon this old thread while googling for guidelines on entrance width.

Is 4m the max width for the main gate opening for a semiD?

On page 38 of this LTA document, it says max 4.5m though.

https://www.lta.gov.sg/content/dam/ltaweb/corp/Industry/files/COP-Appendices/RT-COP-V1.2.pdf

Anyone can shed more light? Thanks

Edited by mrenotalk

6 hours ago, mrenotalk said:

i chanced upon this old thread while googling for guidelines on entrance width.

Is 4m the max width for the main gate opening for a semiD?

On page 38 of this LTA document, it says max 4.5m though.

https://www.lta.gov.sg/content/dam/ltaweb/corp/Industry/files/COP-Appendices/RT-COP-V1.2.pdf

Anyone can shed more light? Thanks

the max allowed width depends on your site frontage width as well as requiring a minimum 6m planting strip between the edge of your entrance to the edge of your neighbor's entrance.

so for Semi-D with frontage of more than 8m, you can have up to a 5.5m wide gate PROVIDED that in between there is a minimum 6m planting strip in between.

for example, if your semi-d has a 8m frontage and your neighbor also has a 8m frontage, technically you can have a 5.5m wide entrance. however, if your neighbor already has a 5.5m wide entrance, you can only do a 4.5m wide entrance since in between your entrances, a min of 6m is needed. see illustration below.

|-neighbor-|-planting strip |---you--|
|<---5.5m->|<--------6m------>|<4.5m>|

however, if your neighbor only has a 4m wide entrance, then you can have a 5.5m wide entrance

|<---4m->|<--------6.5m------>|<5.5m>|

there are also other issue like pairing of entrances to be taken into account so cannot anyhow widen or shift the entrance.

This explanation is as clear as it can ever be!

thanks for your kind advice!

1 hour ago, snoozee said:

the max allowed width depends on your site frontage width as well as requiring a minimum 6m planting strip between the edge of your entrance to the edge of your neighbor's entrance.

so for Semi-D with frontage of more than 8m, you can have up to a 5.5m wide gate PROVIDED that in between there is a minimum 6m planting strip in between.

for example, if your semi-d has a 8m frontage and your neighbor also has a 8m frontage, technically you can have a 5.5m wide entrance. however, if your neighbor already has a 5.5m wide entrance, you can only do a 4.5m wide entrance since in between your entrances, a min of 6m is needed. see illustration below.

|<---5.5m->|<--------6m------>|<4.5m>|

however, if your neighbor only has a 4m wide entrance, then you can have a 5.5m wide entrance

|<---4m->|<--------6.5m------>|<5.5m>|

there are also other issue like pairing of entrances to be taken into account so cannot anyhow widen or shift the entrance.