Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Pesadelo

20 Year 4Room 'a' In Simei

Wow!!! I didnt know we need to buy the add ons for cabinets by ourselves...al the while i thought id/contactora will supply. Hmm, might we go wrong if we buy these on our own? Like, after we bought the add ons, carpenter said cannot fit; how ley?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Wow!!! I didnt know we need to buy the add ons for cabinets by ourselves...al the while i thought id/contactora will supply. Hmm, might we go wrong if we buy these on our own? Like, after we bought the add ons, carpenter said cannot fit; how ley?

I've asked.. ID says standard package is just those cabinets with doors and darwers, if you want any extra fitting, you need to supply then they'll install for you free. There's some package with free items, like mine, only free dishwasher rack. SO if i need items like these need to purchase ourselves. With these items, then when discussing size of drawer, doors etc can customised to what we've bought.

Well, at least this is what i've been told, there may be ID who will settle everything for you at a higher cost maybe?

ANyway these items are easy installation, just some screws to tighten by the side or bottom. If carpenter cannot do, need to knock their head leow. LOL.

Edited by Pesadelo

Hihi,

Actually looking at such compartments too.. Last time saw another forumner who had blum one for bottle holder with 2 racks up and down which cost $800.. Can I chk how much u got for the 2 racks for e bottle storage? Hee..

More Purchase - For kitchen cabinets

Total cost : $340

Over the weekend, we visited some shops to look for sliding drawers etc for the cabinet so that we can make necc measurement for the carpenter to know.

We view in IMM mainly, didn't shop around, went to 3 shops and settled on these. There's one brand called Welmi , can see that the quality is very good but it's very costly as well. We settled on these as they're more friendly on the pocket and doesn't look too filmsy. Can't find any good item to place my forks, spoons, knifes etc... may decide on those in IKEA.

Sliding drawers for some pans and such. We bought 2 of these.

KitchenCabinet4.jpg

We had one of this so that we do not need to place those bottles of wine, vinegar etc on counter top, it'll be stored in the cabinet with this sliding storage.

KitchenCabinet1.jpg

The last one we had is more for slightly bigger bottles, some hanging utensils etc.

KitchenCabinet3.jpg

Hihi,

Actually looking at such compartments too.. Last time saw another forumner who had blum one for bottle holder with 2 racks up and down which cost $800.. Can I chk how much u got for the 2 racks for e bottle storage? Hee..

Pic 1 - 60 +

Pic 2 - 100+

Pic 3 - 120+

Somewhere there.. 120 + 100 + 120 = ~340

More or less i didn't see the receipt. Haven't test the quality yet so no comments. As i mentioned, 一分钱一分货. COmpared to blum i think cannot fight. but price cannot fight also, hehehehe.

Hahaha.. Ya.. I know Blum's stuffs really solid.. But price very solid oso.. Kitchen itself alr not cheap so mayb haf to kpo ard non Blum stuffs ;P Ikea I went recently but like nv see any bottle storage ones that's y kpo ard n saw ur blog.. Hehehe..

Pic 1 - 60 +

Pic 2 - 100+

Pic 3 - 120+

Somewhere there.. 120 + 100 + 120 = ~340

More or less i didn't see the receipt. Haven't test the quality yet so no comments. As i mentioned, 一分钱一分货. COmpared to blum i think cannot fight. but price cannot fight also, hehehehe.

Hi!

Welcome to Simei, We've the exact same layout and we've moved in for a year now :)

OMG i really love your design. Unfortunately my wife is not as daring as me, lol she prefer standard template design. Initially we also dig the glass panel in Master bedroom design as we thought the room would look brighter in the day but scrapped it later due to not daring to make it happen.

End of Week 4 - Carpentry Meeting

Carpentry meeting today, most of the works has been done, plumbing, painting, tiling, wood floor laminate, L-box, ceiling, wiring.

Some hiccup, some error in tiling and planning, resulting in our original plan in color co-ordination cannot be done or it'll have some tiny flaw. Debating a lot whether to fix the issue, make do with issue, patch the issue etc.

Finally decided to change the color to match the flaw, doesn't turn out too bad either. (i hope).

Carpentry works

- Kitchen cabinets

- Feature wall

- MBR Wardrobe

- MBR toilet vanity

- Dining shoe cabinet

Overall today quite a minor minus point here due to the hiccup in designing and planning. I think it could be done better. However, the best was made out of it.

Dining room

Week417.jpg

Living room

Week416.jpg

Kitchen

Week415.jpg

Installation will be completed in another 2 weeks or so. Will update again when carpentry up.

Wahaha... Pesadelo... What u said made sense...me very mountain turtle.... :rofl:

Thanks for clarifying.... At least when im meeting the ids/contractors i'll know what to tell them what i need for my kitchen... :good:

In the meantime, i should start recceing and buying some of the accessories... :)

Edited by Sygnur

Wahaha... Pesadelo... What u said made sense...me very mountain turtle.... :rofl:

Thanks for clarifying.... At least when im meeting the ids/contractors i'll know what to tell them what i need for my kitchen... :good:

In the meantime, i should start recceing and buying some of the accessories... :)

SOme bad experience i've yesterday so might want to note and confirmed with your ID before commiting. WHen i presented my accessories yesterday, the carpenter says due to addtional wood worksmanship etc, he need additional top up. In my mind i was like wtf, if i've some screws and things i can easily install myself, it is an easy job. It's a minor modification. Then i realised this contractor quite money minded, everything a bit out of norm he wants top up one. Fearing things do not turn out well i agreed to the minor top up of around 100. ID didn't say anything.

Well, i guess it all depends, SInce he's so calculating i guess i'l be more professional during inspecting when he'd finished his job.

Best to have it pen down in contract etc in black and white.

Hi Pesadelo,

I have the same floor plan as you. Just received the quotation from my contractor. How much will you be spending on the kitchen and electrical? Care to pm or share?

It's my first house and there's sooooo much to absorb, and sooooo much money to spend!

Sigh,

MK :bangwall:

Edited by mkicecream

Hi Pesadelo,

I have the same floor plan as you. Just received the quotation from my contractor. How much will you be spending on the kitchen and electrical? Care to pm or share?

It's my first house and there's sooooo much to absorb, and sooooo much money to spend!

Sigh,

MK :bangwall:

Hard to determine cost for kitchen as it's broken up to pieces all over the quotation. Electrical works around 4k. I'm doing re-wiring for whole unit though, changing even the DB box etc and having lots of sockets (like 8-10 in a room) with 20 downlights in living and dining area. For 4K i'd say it's not a cheap price, but it's not too expensive as well i think, considering it's recommended by my ID and so far, doing a decent job.

For kitchen, 1 ft of cabinet cost around $140.

Floor Tiling 1800

Wall tiling 3900

Hacking, plumbing etc.. i didn't include. too messy.

Out kitchen quite big so wall tiles amount a bit 'siong' s i mentioned before, beware with quotation which wall tiles seems cheaper etc, they may not tile up area behind your cabinet, saying, it's hidden etc, no use to put when asked. It's not good for long term when moist etc comes it.

Laundry System

Renovation is near ending. This is the new laundry system we've installed in our kitchen. We've gone over a few type and finally decided on this type. Well, it's cheaper and most importantly, there's a piece in the centre for us to hang our clothes using hanger instead of most types we've seen where they uses all 5 poles.

We bought from KS. Cost around $400+ compared to those hydraulic type which cost almost 800.

View of it hanging

KShanger1.jpg

View of it extending out

KShanger3.jpg

View of the design. it's a simple pull up and down design and note of centre piece where there's holes for the hanger.

KShanger2.jpg

Dear all,

FINALLY

Finally and on time, i've finished renovation for my house and I'm very satisfied how it turned out.

SO here are all the before and after pics. ENJOY

ZDining.jpg

ZLivingroom.jpg

Zkitchen.jpg

Zbathroom.jpg

With these i'll probably be ending this update maybe in future when things like painting, coffee table, rug, ornaments etc has arrived. Hope those who are watching these can get some ideas from it or at least know how it looks like for concepts like different material for living/dining etc.

SO tired from house moving... ending and signing off

Edited by Pesadelo

End of week 2

Kinda slow but before i bring it up, ID sms me that next week will be full blast and will be able to complete within schedule. So far a bit here a bit there i also dunno what's the process?

My Kitchen basin arrived today together with the tap. As I'm going to built a concrete stand for the basin, this is going to be needed to arrived 1st for the tiler side to built it in.

My Basin

COST : 200+

My wife is hunting long time for this design, she wants a small rubbish container sothat it's easier for her to throw small stuff when washing etc. Some might find it unhygienic etc but i think it should be fine as long as it's cleared regularly like every meal etc. Of course we had another bigger one installed below the basin.

Length is 80cm, kinda small but my wife says it's enough, she doesn't a need a 2 sink type. Well.. it's her area, it's her say.

Basin1.jpg

My tap

COST : 80+

This is my simple tap for my basin. Doesn't cost $200+ like other i've viewed. This one only cost $80+ but well similiar function as those above 200s.

Basintap.jpg

Hi, mind sharing the contact to your kitchen sink? I am also looking for one with a trash can... :)

Edited by cestmoi

Dear all,

FINALLY

Finally and on time, i've finished renovation for my house and I'm very satisfied how it turned out.

SO here are all the before and after pics. ENJOY

ZDining.jpg

ZLivingroom.jpg

Zkitchen.jpg

Zbathroom.jpg

With these i'll probably be ending this update maybe in future when things like painting, coffee table, rug, ornaments etc has arrived. Hope those who are watching these can get some ideas from it or at least know how it looks like for concepts like different material for living/dining etc.

SO tired from house moving... ending and signing off

Congratulations!!! Simei rocks!! We moved into our place slighty under a year. it's gonna jazz up with new condos like manhattan and double bay. Also expo is nearby and the uni next time. Pretty nice town.

The makeover is astonishing. Just comparing the before and after.

Now just left with the soft furnishing. Keep us updated!!