Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
summersann

The Experience: Our First Home

Thank you Berlinbear and 3Dyms for your kind words! We try our best, but we're constantly stressed about getting the wrong stuff! :P

image-85.jpg

Probably the best storage space in the house. So much space to put stuff, and makes things much more accessible. The best is that the ugly essentials are hidden :D

Edited by summersann

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Your cat is so adorable! Like its black patch on the face And yes like others said, your house is really full of style and character.

How's cleaning so far for EM? My whole body aching leh

Edited by spikedoll

spikedoll & summersann, did either of you engage company to do post-reno cleaning? I'm looking for one. If you have good one to recommend, please let me know. Thanks!

image-85.jpg

Probably the best storage space in the house. So much space to put stuff, and makes things much more accessible. The best is that the ugly essentials are hidden :D

Cool! Thanx again for the wonderful ideas. :dancingqueen:

Your cat is so adorable! Like its black patch on the face And yes like others said, your house is really full of style and character.

How's cleaning so far for EM? My whole body aching leh

Heh, he is, but quite naughty! Caught him scratching our sofa! Thank goodness we didn't get a leather one :P

We're cleaning area by area, so by the time we finish cleaning everything, the first area is dirty again :bleah: like my ID said, it's going to take a while of cleaning before the place will stop feeling dusty. But I'm guilty of not doing much cleaning, the boy is doing most of it :unsure: I'm in charge of planning what else needs to be bought and where things need to be placed. He's complaining about the stairs all the time. Silly, because we got an EM because of the balcony+stairs :sport-smiley-018:

spikedoll & summersann, did either of you engage company to do post-reno cleaning? I'm looking for one. If you have good one to recommend, please let me know. Thanks!

I wanted to! But we got so overwhelmed with the things we needed to do that we didn't want to have to look for a reliable company to clean for us. Super lazy we are! :P We also decided not to because our IDs said the place will feel dusty even after cleaning it once or twice, and that we need to clean a few times until the dust settles. So we thought it was a bit pointless to hire someone to come clean once. Might as well clean ourselves :bangwall:

Cool! Thanx again for the wonderful ideas. :dancingqueen:

No need to thank me! The staircase storage was my IDs' idea la, so I can't claim it as my own :P

We're fixing the areas bit by bit, spot by spot. Right now, nothing beats the feeling of seeing a corner of the house come together. Can't stand a mess of things (all the ugly moving boxes and plastic bags) :bleah:

Some areas in the making...

image-88.jpg

This one isn't really "in the making" anymore, because it's pretty straightforward. The additional hanger we got for small items (kinda) helps to maximise the amount of laundry we can hang up.

image-86.jpg

The laundry area is slowly taking shape. Now I need to decorate the wall a little, put up stuff on the noticeboard, place some cute things on the table, and fill the space below the table with pretty colors.

image-89.jpg

The area for our guinea pigs is slowly coming together. Need more colors!

image-87.jpg

The bookshelf upstairs is turning out to be rather handy, as a bookshelf, display shelf, and room divider. The boy has also decided to claim a corner of the shelf as his side table, for his phone and glasses :o

Edited by summersann

Bleucheeze, my ID engaged chemical washing twice but the house is still dusty so will still requires several rounds of cleaning.. No we didnt engage external cleaning svc..

Your house is special, because of the little personal knick knacks :) well done!

Thank you :) your turn to renovate soon right? Like how you spray painted your items, personal touches! :)

On another note, my naughty cat has decided that he likes the red chest. I think it's because it's cold :P

image-90.jpg

Mom needs an armchair, so I can finally have the armchair I liked! They just sent it for reholstering, so it's a different color from what I saw before. Loving it even more!

image-91.jpg

They had to call another guy who was on his way to the store to tell him it's been sold. Sorry! :P

P.S. Room of Woods is moving out after two more weekends! Owners say they're taking a break while searching for another warehouse.

Thank you :) your turn to renovate soon right? Like how you spray painted your items, personal touches! :)

We are 18 days away from our 2nd appointment and the wait is so agonizing! Distracting ourselves with shopping online :) figured it is time to buy our stuff from TB & Amazon and when they comes, our wet works would be finished, hopefully! And mid-May, we will do our ikea & GSS shopping... All these point to the start of money bleeding away!

Right now I can only envy your almost completed work and your litter of furries :)

We are 18 days away from our 2nd appointment and the wait is so agonizing! Distracting ourselves with shopping online :) figured it is time to buy our stuff from TB & Amazon and when they comes, our wet works would be finished, hopefully! And mid-May, we will do our ikea & GSS shopping... All these point to the start of money bleeding away!

Right now I can only envy your almost completed work and your litter of furries :)

Timing sounds great! :D you have to spend anyway, so might as well do it during sales right? :P

image-92.jpg

My furries claiming everything as their own :D

Bleucheeze, my ID engaged chemical washing twice but the house is still dusty so will still requires several rounds of cleaning.. No we didnt engage external cleaning svc..

Engaging cleaning company is pretty expensive! So fast most of the quotations I got are $400 plus. Not sure if I should engage one if one round isn't enough.

Engaging cleaning company is pretty expensive! So fast most of the quotations I got are $400 plus. Not sure if I should engage one if one round isn't enough.

Wah, $400 plus! :o I'd rather clean the place myself and save that $400 for pretty things for the house :P it's probably not going to be clean after just one round of cleaning, and I always think that no one will clean our homes with more effort than ourselves. Just my opinion :)