Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
summersann

The Experience: Our First Home

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

image-104.jpg

My OXO containers and pet food mat are here! Thanks to good friends :)

OXO! I'm not sure what size to buy, and they come in rectangle, big and small square bases! Can you share what sizes are you using and what size is good for what? Thanks in advance!

OXO! I'm not sure what size to buy, and they come in rectangle, big and small square bases! Can you share what sizes are you using and what size is good for what? Thanks in advance!

My friend got me the ten piece pack, so the sizes come fixed. I find it quite useful because it comes in different sizes, as pictured. Good for storing almost anything, but definitely use them to only store dry foods (because liquids can get under the silicon suction cap and kinda get stuck in there unless you remove the silicon for washing). Where are you planning to get them from? The ones I saw in Singapore have been marked up quite a bit.

My friend got me the ten piece pack, so the sizes come fixed. I find it quite useful because it comes in different sizes, as pictured. Good for storing almost anything, but definitely use them to only store dry foods (because liquids can get under the silicon suction cap and kinda get stuck in there unless you remove the silicon for washing). Where are you planning to get them from? The ones I saw in Singapore have been marked up quite a bit.

Most probably buying them here. Crate & Barrel stocks these but not the full range. I heard Howard's storage world sells too but I have yet to check them out. Problem is the products' description is very much based on US size, eg 4 qt is supposed to be good for 5 lb flour but our flour here is usually in 1kg pack. I guess the container on the left of the spaghetti one is the 4 qt?

Most probably buying them here. Crate & Barrel stocks these but not the full range. I heard Howard's storage world sells too but I have yet to check them out. Problem is the products' description is very much based on US size, eg 4 qt is supposed to be good for 5 lb flour but our flour here is usually in 1kg pack. I guess the container on the left of the spaghetti one is the 4 qt?

To be honest, I have no idea. I just wanted them to store food :D I first saw them in Crate&Barrel, but the ten-piece set is more expensive than on Amazon. Howards has them, saw them at the Harborfront branch. You can consider Amazon if you have someone coming back from the States :)

Thanks Makanology for your suggestion! The current plan is to put up photo frames, but we're trying to see if we can get other ideas :)

image-106.jpg

Finally got our balcony chairs today! Placed them side by side to create a sofa of sorts. The dog and cat are enjoying it :D Shall continue to add stuff to the balcony to spruce it up. Suggestions welcomed!

Thank you rainbowstars :)

Been looking for a suitable cabinet for mom's room (something that looks like our own cabinet), but nothing's been catching our eye. Chanced upon a cabinet yesterday and decided to get it for our room! So our original metal cabinet goes to mom's room. Problem solved!

image-107.jpg

Thank you rainbowstars :)

Been looking for a suitable cabinet for mom's room (something that looks like our own cabinet), but nothing's been catching our eye. Chanced upon a cabinet yesterday and decided to get it for our room! So our original metal cabinet goes to mom's room. Problem solved!

image-107.jpg

Hey, does the table top sit on the ikea drawer unit nicely? Or is there actually a space to pull it out? May I know the length of your table top? Thanks very much!

Edited by bleucheeze

Hey, does the table top sit on the ikea drawer unit nicely? Or is there actually a space to pull it out? May I know the length of your table top? Thanks very much!

Hey bleucheeze :) The IKEA drawer unit fits nicely, with just enough space (not very visible gap) for it to be pulled in and out if we needed to move the entire unit out from under the table. The drawer unit is 69cm tall, and our tabletop is 70cm tall.

Our tabletop is 2 metres long. Our ID got the carpenter to do it up for us because we couldn't find one of that length out in the market (unless we wanted to get a dining table to use as a study table. didn't do that because dining tables are really wide :P).

Hey bleucheeze :) The IKEA drawer unit fits nicely, with just enough space (not very visible gap) for it to be pulled in and out if we needed to move the entire unit out from under the table. The drawer unit is 69cm tall, and our tabletop is 70cm tall.

Our tabletop is 2 metres long. Our ID got the carpenter to do it up for us because we couldn't find one of that length out in the market (unless we wanted to get a dining table to use as a study table. didn't do that because dining tables are really wide :P).

nice idea. seen the drawers at ikea too. many pple were looking at it actually. tempting!

Thanks for the info!

nice idea. seen the drawers at ikea too. many pple were looking at it actually. tempting!

I tried out this drawer at ikea before, but the drawer is a bit hard to pull in and out, as in not smooth enough. I wonder if it's the display set's problem? Summersann, is yours ok?

Edited by bleucheeze

Thanks for the info!

I tried out this drawer at ikea before, but the drawer is a bit hard to pull in and out, as in not smooth enough. I wonder if it's the display set's problem? Summersann, is yours ok?

Hmm, mine isn't giving any problems at all. I find it quite smooth. But then again, maybe what you define as smooth is different from mine? :P but it's serving me well, so if you like it, I say go with it! :)