Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
summersann

The Experience: Our First Home

Love all your little touches through out your home.... It's becoming so much more cosy. I love 'personalizing' a house... Cos it's all the little touches, the smell, and the memories that makes it not just any old house... But a place you can truly call - your Home. Great job!! Have a great house warming party. :)

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Summersann, I'm not going for tv feature wall too! Just a nice pencil leg tv console made from vintage teak. Hurhur :P Love that cat condo! Did you buy from pet shops or online?

Love all your little touches through out your home.... It's becoming so much more cosy. I love 'personalizing' a house... Cos it's all the little touches, the smell, and the memories that makes it not just any old house... But a place you can truly call - your Home. Great job!! Have a great house warming party. :)

Thank you! :) it's fun to add the little touches, it's what I've been waiting to do since we moved. Only thing is that it takes a while to build character for the house :P

image-123.jpg

Made more bunting for the place last night :)

How is your renovation going 3Dyms? Settled the issue with your seller?

Summersann, I'm not going for tv feature wall too! Just a nice pencil leg tv console made from vintage teak. Hurhur :P Love that cat condo! Did you buy from pet shops or online?

When you mention pencil leg, I just can't help but imagine it with dip-dyed tips! I'm totally in love with pencil legs, especially ones that are dipped :D like this - http://m.flickr.com/photos/likethatone/8615972087/lightbox/

Bought the cat scratch post from pet lovers! :)

Thank you! :) it's fun to add the little touches, it's what I've been waiting to do since we moved. Only thing is that it takes a while to build character for the house :Pimage-123.jpg

Oohhh.... Your buntings are so cute..!! Thanks for asking, the issue should be ok. 2nd Appt is fixed on 11-Jun (8/weeks completion as per their request). Seller also signed the Reno indemnity form. This Saturday, my contractor going down to take measurements. Still praying no further hiccups from them though. Guess I'll only relax once I hv the keys in my hands bah. :P

Oohhh.... Your buntings are so cute..!! Thanks for asking, the issue should be ok. 2nd Appt is fixed on 11-Jun (8/weeks completion as per their request). Seller also signed the Reno indemnity form. This Saturday, my contractor going down to take measurements. Still praying no further hiccups from them though. Guess I'll only relax once I hv the keys in my hands bah. :P

I totally know what you mean. I was the same when we were settling our resale. Read so many horror stories that I started worrying about my own transaction. Couldn't really relax until the keys were in my hands :P

Yeah, as much as it's tempting for me to order a vintage print wallpaper, I think it's a bad idea for me to put wallpaper because my tastes and fancies change. I actually read somewhere on an interior design site that wallpapers are among the top bad choices that people usually make when designing their houses :P

Thx. Ur advice noted :)

Thank you! :) it's fun to add the little touches, it's what I've been waiting to do since we moved. Only thing is that it takes a while to build character for the house :Pimage-123.jpg

Nice bunting!!! Where you get those cloth? I love Zakka style and I get a lot of stuff from TB.

I notice you are animal lover. You keep a lot of pets. I have one holland loop pure breed from US 1st Gen pedigree but I might want to sell away when I move to my new house coz my maid will go bk home town for good and I don't plan to hire a new maid. My kids will send to student care. Hence, my rabbit nobody can take care. Currently, i have maid helping me take care my kids and house chores but after she go back everything must do myself. If you have pet, you must spend a least 2 hours a day play with them. Is poor if I keep him and no time play with him. Do you think so?

Nice bunting!!! Where you get those cloth? I love Zakka style and I get a lot of stuff from TB.

I notice you are animal lover. You keep a lot of pets. I have one holland loop pure breed from US 1st Gen pedigree but I might want to sell away when I move to my new house coz my maid will go bk home town for good and I don't plan to hire a new maid. My kids will send to student care. Hence, my rabbit nobody can take care. Currently, i have maid helping me take care my kids and house chores but after she go back everything must do myself. If you have pet, you must spend a least 2 hours a day play with them. Is poor if I keep him and no time play with him. Do you think so?

Those aren't fabric, I used paper :)

Why did you go through so much trouble to get the rabbit, then decide not to keep it because your maid is leaving singapore? Was it your maid's rabbit? I don't mean to be judgmental, but I can never understand people who get pets, then give up on them after a while. A pet is a lifetime commitment, it becomes a family member. we don't give up a family member just because we have no time. It's not about having time or not, nothing is impossible if we put in the effort. Sadly, a lot of people don't value the lives of their pets and choose not to put in the effort. Such people shouldn't even get pets in the first place. If you decide not to keep your rabbit, I hope he finds a better home :(

Those aren't fabric, I used paper :)

Why did you go through so much trouble to get the rabbit, then decide not to keep it because your maid is leaving singapore? Was it your maid's rabbit? I don't mean to be judgmental, but I can never understand people who get pets, then give up on them after a while. A pet is a lifetime commitment, it becomes a family member. we don't give up a family member just because we have no time. It's not about having time or not, nothing is impossible if we put in the effort. Sadly, a lot of people don't value the lives of their pets and choose not to put in the effort. Such people shouldn't even get pets in the first place. If you decide not to keep your rabbit, I hope he finds a better home :(

Totally agree with you summer. pets arent toys or commodities. No time,find time.its about the effort.

Totally agree with you summer. pets arent toys or commodities. No time,find time.its about the effort.

First of all, I should not keep any pets. I never think that I need to move house bcoz of my kids. I have 2 problem kids ASD & ADHD, so I need to spend more time when I have no maid. If I continue to keep my rabbit, we have no time to play with him. I think he deserve to have a good master, Not like me. Haiz...I'm also very sad but I have no choice.

Sorry we should talk about the house Reno..pai seh discuss about family matter....sorry....sorry...

Please screen thru adopters carefully & ensure a contract is signed, if u really plan to put up your rabbit for adoption.

Thanks Makanology! How are your windows going to be like? :)

Tile shopping today! Finally a chance to drop by the two tile shops we've been wanting to visit.

image-128.jpg

The sight of these tiles makes me happy :D

image-127.jpg

Our bigger tiles getting a coat of sealer.

We also got some of the smaller tiles. Can't wait to see them in action at home :)