Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
summersann

The Experience: Our First Home

First round of rectifications today. Little things here and there to fix. Didn't have much else to take pictures of because nothing much changed except for some cleaning up, the delivery and installation of our quartz countertops and the short laminated plank for our foyer, and our study table. Still waiting for the balcony doors, window grilles, some pieces of furniture we ordered earlier, and curtains to be delivered and installed. The ID will also try to get the workers in to rectify certain areas before they go off for CNY holiday. Otherwise, we'll have to wait till late this month to get everything done. I guess that's fine, since we're not planning to move in before CNY anyway.

So, on to the previous issues...

Skirting

Our IDs remarked that leaving the skirting (both upstairs and downstairs) wood-toned would give the house a warm feeling, and that white would be trendier and more "young". But that if we change either one, the other one should match as well (our IDs are all about uniformity and non-clashing of tones tongue.gif).

Decision: Our skirting, both 1st and 2nd floor, shall be painted white (A big thank you to everyone who shared their opinions!).

Windows

The site manager removed the stickers around the windows today for us to make a better decision. Turns out, the thin black lines in the window panes are not stickers, but the actual rubber that lines windows!

Decision: Since there's thin black rubber, we shall go with the black handles. Guess our windows shall look more funky than clean! :sport-smiley-018:

IMG_0730.jpgThe bathroom doors are here! (again, the thick black strips are stickers)

IMG_0731.jpg Our quartz tops, installed.

IMG_0734.jpg HappyAng, this is for you! The tracks are behind the drawers smile.gif

IMG_0737.jpg The fixed glass panel for our foyer (shall take more pictures of this area when our hooks are drilled in) finally arrived! I am seriously too in love with mint. I need to start making sure I don't fill the whole house with mint-colored things :rolleyes:

IMG_0732.jpg Our study table (I love the color)! The boy and I finally have a table long enough for both of us to work on at the same time :sport-smiley-004:

Looking forward to seeing the balcony doors. Our site manager says it should come over the weekend.

i like ur study table !! is it custom made?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

wow.. your windows look like straight out from a cartoon!

VERY NICE!

oh and I also gave my dogs up for adoption when I had to move back to my mum's place. but of coz rigorous screening before we chose the family. now they still send updates occasionally. =)

Well, at least you did the rehoming yourself and didn't dump your pets at a shelter :) and it's good that you screened through the potential adopters. That's at least much much better than just abandoning your pets at the shelters and expecting the shelters to find new homes for them. So, good that you did what's right by your animals! :)

i like ur study table !! is it custom made?

Yup! Legs are from IKEA, table top is done and laminated by our carpenter. Much cheaper than many other study tables we saw available on the market! :P

i'm sure many pple do the rehoming by themselves too. we can never trust the shelters to find a good family.

your home is really magazine worthy.

i'm sure many pple do the rehoming by themselves too. we can never trust the shelters to find a good family.

your home is really magazine worthy.

We try our best la (I am an adoption counsellor at an animal shelter), or at least I do. But it's definitely still better for owners who really can't keep their pets anymore to do rehoming themselves. After all, they only need to find a new home for their animal. The shelters have to find homes for hundreds of animals abandoned by their irresponsible owners. So it's really good that u were responsible to ur dogs :)

Thanks for being kind! Ur house has a lot of character! I've been silently trawling ur blog :D

We try our best la (I am an adoption counsellor at an animal shelter), or at least I do. But it's definitely still better for owners who really can't keep their pets anymore to do rehoming themselves. After all, they only need to find a new home for their animal. The shelters have to find homes for hundreds of animals abandoned by their irresponsible owners. So it's really good that u were responsible to ur dogs :)

Thanks for being kind! Ur house has a lot of character! I've been silently trawling ur blog :D

i apologise for generalizing.

i'm not the angel here too. I've got to admit I just gave in and bought a pup instead of adopting.

but dun worry, i'm not sending her away no matter wat this time.

oh..thanks for the kind words. I hope to put up more pics soon!

Finally done with arranging Mom's room!

2013-05-03170333.png

2013-05-03170455.png

2013-05-03170603.png

2013-05-03170823.png

I like your mum's room. Doesn't look like a typical older generation person's room. Very Scandinavian feeling, matured but still cool!

The cakes look really yummy! Oh what are those 2 drinks at the side?

Edited by Makanology

The cakes look really yummy! Oh what are those 2 drinks at the side?

2013-05-03195518.png

One's strawberry and lime infused water, the other's lemon and cucumber infused water, both with mint and some basil leaves. Very easy to make, and quite refreshing! :)

Yea the cakes look really good! :good: all home made?

Hahaha, I wish! We ordered those pies for our small party of friends. My friends thought I made the bookmarks explaining what the flavors are, haha! Not so talented unfortunately. The pies/tarts we make look very normal :P

Speaking of which, our oven just got used for the very first time since we moved in! The boy made lemon tart :D

2013-05-03153514.png

Edited by summersann

Hello, where are the tarts from? They look really pretty! Sorry I should be focusing on decor, but was really distracted by the food. :)

Ooh now I'm liking the plate n fork. .

Haha juxstapose, more plates and forks for u to look at then!

2013-05-05121038.png

2013-05-05120737.png

Hello, where are the tarts from? They look really pretty! Sorry I should be focusing on decor, but was really distracted by the food. :)

The pies are from Windowsill Pies! Local pie makers. They have a rather pretty cafe somewhere in Jalan Besar :)