Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
frankman

My Little 3 Room Resale Flat..

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

hi frankman... pls give advice on what items worth to buy from taobao? toiletware? how abt sinks.. switches n lighting? appreciate yr advice

Hi StevenNg,

What i can advise you is everything from taobao is confirm cheaper worth for money. Of course you want money spend well spend you buy full or half leather soft including mattress, bed sheet taobao have more design tham furniture mall in singapore, lighting go for led save energy and you can also buy kitchen, bathroom sinks, taps, even floor tiles if you technical know how to order them. Sometime this things when you let your contractor to install them you have to assistant them, some item may not know how to install. And it's easlier for me because of my job.

Edited by frankman

Thanks.... my guangzhou friend help me to send it over using SF Express Airfreight but very ex. It took 2 days to Singapore but cost S$83 for 4kg.

ouch.. that is ex. recent i used TB's airfreight for abt 5kg cost me RMB143 nia leh. :P

Edited by Natellehcim

Sorry, I might have given the wrong info. Peeka is the one that charges 10%, 65Daigou rate should be around the same. But they always have promotion and I bought it during the period where they waived the agent fee.

What I mentioned is the agent fee/commission for purchasing on TB, not the shipping fee to Singapore. Shipping fee to Singapore, I believe May is cheaper for larger items.

Not intention to buy many stuff, Was thinking of buying this only,

http://detail.tmall....58f6fef33f8bb22

and maybe this also, http://detail.tmall....58f6fef33f8bb22

Wonder is it cheaper to go via Amcon or 65daigou/peeka?

Anyone can advice?

Edited by Natellehcim

Not intention to buy many stuff, Was thinking of buying this only,

http://detail.tmall....58f6fef33f8bb22

and maybe this also, http://detail.tmall....58f6fef33f8bb22

Wonder is it cheaper to go via Amcon or 65daigou/peeka?

Anyone can advice?

Hi Natellehcim,

Please contact Ms May from Amcon Express to check whether they can bring in small item and what is their charges. Recently I heard that they are also helping their customer to do small item purchase from taobao but don't know their charges. I believe everyone is also interested to know.

Edited by frankman

Sure, will check out price with her and advice here. By the way, bro, can share with me the link you bought your toilet mirror cabinet too? thanks

my item looks like 0.11cbm, small item. But she also calculate min 1cbm, so looks like quite bohua. Unless I have alot of stuff that can form up 1cbm, looks like I cannot go via her liao...

the items lets say 13kg, if I go via 65daigou, probaby is 1st 500g $4.70, sub 500gm $1.7, plus agent fee maybe about $50ish

If I go via Taobao forwarder, that goes by actual weight, maybe will be about $70ish but is via air.

I will reconsider to see buy there or in Sin better. :)

But actually I wonder how many stuff I can fill up that 1cbm. hahhaa.....

Edited by Natellehcim

my item looks like 0.11cbm, small item. But she also calculate min 1cbm, so looks like quite bohua. Unless I have alot of stuff that can form up 1cbm, looks like I cannot go via her liao...

the items lets say 13kg, if I go via 65daigou, probaby is 1st 500g $4.70, sub 500gm $1.7, plus agent fee maybe about $50ish

If I go via Taobao forwarder, that goes by actual weight, maybe will be about $70ish but is via air.

I will reconsider to see buy there or in Sin better. :)

But actually I wonder how many stuff I can fill up that 1cbm. hahhaa.....

Thanks for your info....

Previously when I am using reno, went shopping around for mirror box locally and found that the price here is ex.... Cheapest is from one of the shop in IMM forgotten their name but still cannot compare the price with taobao including freight.

Yes..... totally agree with you and many people got surprise when I told me that all my household item from taobao. I save more than 50% of the cost that included freight and like me I am just in luck a very good local freight forwarder. At first I think very hard whether local forwarder will help you purchasing items from taobao especially big, big item like sofa set, bed frame, dining table with chair and I told myself not harm trying. I give them a call a call, to my surprise they can help to buy from taobao, they help me to do a list of excel with all my items that I want and then I add on additional item on the list, email back to them. They call me to clarified on the item if they don't understand at the same time they are talking their company purchaser in Canton, I can hear what they give instruction like mirror box left or right hing & left or right door knob. I feel their service is very personal and close. The most surprise is their freight cost, very very reasonable as they are not taobao agent but freight forwarder company help local retailer to take goods from China. According to them that they inform me every 8 days, they have 40 footer containers coming in. I thumb up for them.

Hi frankman,

I'm also looking to ship over goods from taobao.. Can pm me your freight forwarding company contact? Thanks!

A friend went l9cal and bought a similiar one at about 100plus. Thus we maybe can do the maths and see if it's worth getting from TB, giving a risk in broken mirrors or dent. Anyway I will scout around and see.

and also peeka has started a new feature called ship4u, meaning you can buy your own from taobao and sip to their warehouse. Then you can sea-ship your stuff, hence electrical stuff and heavy can be shipped. They have base weight $10 and first 30kg will have is $1.40 per 0.5kg, subsq another rate.... storage 10days only.

for those who are keen for loose items that cannot form 1cbm maybe can look into this.

Hi frankman,

I'm also looking to ship over goods from taobao.. Can pm me your freight forwarding company contact? Thanks!

Please take a look at my earlier post the all the contact number are there.

A friend went l9cal and bought a similiar one at about 100plus. Thus we maybe can do the maths and see if it's worth getting from TB, giving a risk in broken mirrors or dent. Anyway I will scout around and see.

and also peeka has started a new feature called ship4u, meaning you can buy your own from taobao and sip to their warehouse. Then you can sea-ship your stuff, hence electrical stuff and heavy can be shipped. They have base weight $10 and first 30kg will have is $1.40 per 0.5kg, subsq another rate.... storage 10days only.

for those who are keen for loose items that cannot form 1cbm maybe can look into this.

As for Amcon, glass, mirror, stone, marble, else item that are easy broken you can request them to provide wooden frames. If you are intended to bring in furniture, I will suggest not to use sea shipment by weight it will cost a bomb you can do the sum before deciding.

• Like 1

As for Amcon, glass, mirror, stone, marble, else item that are easy broken you can request them to provide wooden frames. If you are intended to bring in furniture, I will suggest not to use sea shipment by weight it will cost a bomb you can do the sum before deciding.

PS: What I understand for example buying sofa set from taobao on their web page normally they provide you the dimension of the sofa set, come with how many pieces by looking at their picture roughly you will know the size of their packing box including protection foam just add in approx 200mm to all side of the sofa dimension that should be the external size of the packing box and you are still in control with shipment cost, you feel safe when you know the volume of the item. But most of the time taobao web site do not provide you the weight of the sofa set and seller do not have the facility to weight it for you, so once the item arrived at your forwarder or shipper warehouse after weighting the sofa including packing box, then they will inform you the cost of your shipment that is too late you as buyer and if the cost is too high you cannot reject the item or do not want to ship with them as the item in their warehouse.