Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
frankman

My Little 3 Room Resale Flat..

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

hi frank hope u still active... been surfing around i realise there are many tb agents in singapore... peeka.. sgshop.. daigou.. which one will u recommend? duno which one reliable and price wise good...

will u say amacon the best? thanks

hi frank hope u still active... been surfing around i realise there are many tb agents in singapore... peeka.. sgshop.. daigou.. which one will u recommend? duno which one reliable and price wise good...

will u say amacon the best? thanks

Before I know Amcon, I used Peeka and 65daigou before. For Peeka I don't want to comment and will not use them anymore. For 65daigou they are more responsible agent, during my renovation I used them to ship 4 nos. of LED light fitting, all broken during the shipment due to seller did not pack the item properly and 65daigou pick up my case with with seller and managed to resend 4nos. new LED light fitting for my renovation by express service. But cost wise I wouldn't comment anyone of them, this is the LED light fitting for store room and both bathroom.

20140712_214754_zps669d0841.jpg20140713_162828_zpse724c485.jpg

Edited by frankman

nice... thinking of buying bathroom shower set n kitchen sink taps from tb... will u say its advisable? compatability wise... very ex to buy from sg I feel tks

nice... thinking of buying bathroom shower set n kitchen sink taps from tb... will u say its advisable? compatability wise... very ex to buy from sg I feel tks

Yes.... it's advisable to buy shower set, kitchen sink and taps from tb, confirm cheaper. But you must make sure and check that your contractor can install a bottle trap to the sink and shower set can convert shower set to expose surface mount water supply pipe (HDB) or conceal water supply pipe (condo) see photo below:

20140714_230609_zpse1eb79a4.jpg20140714_230943_zps27dca34e.jpg

Edited by frankman

• Like 1

hi, i came across your post regarding livolo switch. i had bought these switches too, but somehow they are giving me problem. for example, the light turned on by itself when the switch is off. even if i turn off main circuit also cannot resolve the problem. my electrician said he give up. can i have the contact of your electrician? coz i need to find someone who have experience in installing livolo switches. thanks.

My electrician have done up all my lights.

IMG_0744.jpg

Hi Frank,

Sorry to revive an old thread. I saw here that you installed a bunch of touch sensitive switches at your place.

I've just got a few for my flat, but they don't seem to be able to fit into the recessed hole in the wall because the rear part of the switch where the wire connectors are is very large!

The metal case for the electrical point in the wall can't squeeze both the rear boxy part of the unit and the wires all in. :(

How did you manage to do yours up?

Appreciate your advise on this.

Thanks!

Edited by y318c

On ‎15‎/‎10‎/‎2012 at 0:16 PM, frankman said:

Yes..... totally agree with you and many people got surprise when I told me that all my household item from taobao. I save more than 50% of the cost that included freight and like me I am just in luck a very good local freight forwarder. At first I think very hard whether local forwarder will help you purchasing items from taobao especially big, big item like sofa set, bed frame, dining table with chair and I told myself not harm trying. I give them a call a call, to my surprise they can help to buy from taobao, they help me to do a list of excel with all my items that I want and then I add on additional item on the list, email back to them. They call me to clarified on the item if they don't understand at the same time they are talking their company purchaser in Canton, I can hear what they give instruction like mirror box left or right hing & left or right door knob. I feel their service is very personal and close. The most surprise is their freight cost, very very reasonable as they are not taobao agent but freight forwarder company help local retailer to take goods from China. According to them that they inform me every 8 days, they have 40 footer containers coming in. I thumb up for them.

Hi Frankman, can share your forwarder contact with me, thanks

Hi, I am back to update the quality of some taobao items.

PVC leather chair - leather cracked within 3 years

Half leather sofa - leather cracked within 5.5 years

Half leather bed frame - leather is ok but bottom plywood coating peel off but still using

Light clock - spoiled within 4 years

2012917175648698.jpg

IMG_0853.jpg

IMG_1140_zps15ed0bf5.jpg

IMG_1047.jpg

Smart Touch Lighting Switch - Numerous faulty within 4 years, most blue led light status gone but still usage and some replaced with other brand.

Dining table chairs bottom plywood coating peel off but still usable.

IMG_0743.jpg

IMG_1138_zpsb8dfd494.jpg