Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
winterbear

Window Film/solar Film Vs Curtains/blinds

Hi guys,

What's your pick/views on the above? How do they compare to each other? What are your considerations for your selections? Please share, thank you.

My take is all the above complement each other in terms of privacy from curtains/blinds to solar energy heat reduction & UV reduction from window solar film.

Btw, I am a product broker for Window Fashion Products. Cheers.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

We have all of three:

- window solar film - to reduce heat and UV

- curtains - to have privacy during daytime, and the room looks nicer when you have some curtains

- blinds - aditonally to reduce heat when I have windows open during the day, sometimes to have some privacy during evenings, and especially during weekend mornings when we want to sleep a little bit longer.

Andreja is correct, even if you have solar film, you still need curtains and blinds to block out light for privacy and to have a dark room. Will definitely prefer the combination of black out curtains with solar film though unless you require an intermediate level of light passing through.

If anyone is looking at solar film, please look at http://www.oasisdecoration.com

Window film is quite useful to myself and I get a quote from 3M and V Kool,the price is sky high, and another sales came in with same specification of film with lower price, of cos he did a comprehensive film testing before I signed with him. You may look for him to compare too,

Tristan 9771 3892