Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
limtan

How Do U Maintain Timber Flooring?

Hi,

Would like to check with those who have timber flooring. How do you clean it? Can I use normal mop and those magic clean or Kiwi floor cleaner?

My current timber flooring is Matt finish. Not sure whether should I go for gloss finish. Any inputs on that?

Thanks!

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi sir

You can use any mop as long as long as it does scratch the floor . ( I have encounter clients before scratching their floors with mops . I also not sure how it happen either . Just be careful )

As for gloss surface . My personal recommendation would be to avoid at all cost. I know it looks pretty good with glossy surface. But it's going to be a nightmare when you start to drag furnitures across your timber floor or accidentally causing a scratch on the floor. ( it's going to look like an ice skating rig) unless you are willing to wax and polish every year then it should be fine.

Just my thought.

I use Bona "Wood Floor Cleaner" (recommended by the flooring installer) like once every 2 months; otherwise just water. If one mops the floor with strength, then of course there will be scratches la. Mopping is about using the water/liquid to dissolve and clean away the dirt, use so much strength only tire oneself mah?

Regarding matt or glossy finish, it is the individual preference, the look-&-feel of the floor. Glossy finish is shiny and feel plasticky to step on, while matt finish is more natural (great if you enjoy seeing how the wood ages).

Cheers!

Just my thought.

I use Bona "Wood Floor Cleaner" (recommended by the flooring installer) like once every 2 months; otherwise just water. If one mops the floor with strength, then of course there will be scratches la. Mopping is about using the water/liquid to dissolve and clean away the dirt, use so much strength only tire oneself mah?

Regarding matt or glossy finish, it is the individual preference, the look-&-feel of the floor. Glossy finish is shiny and feel plasticky to step on, while matt finish is more natural (great if you enjoy seeing how the wood ages).

Cheers!

Where can u get the Bona "wood floor cleaner"?

Dear folks,

Please beware of this company called natural wood that does timber flooring. His name is called Bryan, hp 8410 9380. . He quoted to do my planter area for $900 but in the end charge me $950 as he said he will only rebate me the $50 if 2 of my relatives engage his services too. 

He has not done a satisfactory job for my place. Below are a list of the job not well done.

1) one plank of the wood was totally different from the rest of them.

2) there were bumps on the timber wood surface and when scrap off revealed the flesh of the wood. 

3) he had in the process of laying the timber flooring chipped off the corner walls of my planter area.

4) the varnish applied to the wood had stained my floor tiles near the living hall as well. 

5) the wood has multiples scratches.

When he came for the first time to look at the defects, he just flatly rejected changing the off colour wood and said that it's not possible for him to find matching ones. I didn't ask for matching just close to similar. After pointing out the above defects, he just ignored me and told my hubby that he is leaving.

I then called him and he refused to pick up. When I called him the second time, he hang up on me after I asked him when he was coming to rectify the above defects. 

If this was the kind of service I knew he will be offering, I wouldn't have engaged his services. I have since told my neighbor not to use him as well.

I then called nature wood to complain about him and the receptionist said he is a customer of theirs. I spoke to nature wood boss and he said this Bryan guy actually uses a similar name to his company called NATURAL WOOD. and that there's nothing that they can do about it.

This Bryan guy from NATURAL WOOD HAS ZERO AFTERSALES SERVICE and uses a less than superior timber wood . FOLKS, PLEASE BE AWARE OF THIS BRYAN GUY! After this post he may change hp number, anyway he is bald. Just beware of him if you do not want poor AFTERSALES service. Even though the warranty is for 10 years, I do not think he will provide any good service especially since he can just walked out from my unit and hang up on me during our conversation.

There is a solution for cleaning parquet at ntuc. its not expensive.