Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
sih

Exhaust Fan In Toilet

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Sorry! I only just saw your message. Yes, after 2.5 years. Don't know why I wasn't notified earlier.

Anyway, am replying in case anyone else finds this useful.

The box was provided by HDB. I believe all BTOs either come with concealed pipes, or the pipes are boxed up by HDB. :)

Hi, i am renovating my HDB bathrooms now and I saw your piping box up with access vents in this picture below.

Would like to ask you where u got the access vents or was it already installed by HDB when u got the flat?

12122012020.jpg

Hi ultimax,

Thanks for sharing. I got my contractor to do the same thing. However, my window is dead fixed (i.e. can't be opened) after the ventilation fan was installed. Is yours the same?

Also, my contractor initially promised to provide 15WHPC and then delivered 15WUD instead which is a cheaper model.

Did you have any issues with 15WUD?

How much did your contractor charge you for the 15WUD inclusive of window customization and fixing of the whole thing?

Thanks much in advance for sharing!

Am replying in case anyone else finds this useful.

The fan is fixed in place. It cannot be opened like a window.

No issue with the 15WUD fan. Perhaps the other model has stronger suction? In any case it works fine.

My ID charged me $50 in 2012, but I'm pretty sure that was discounted. It's probably $200 now. Hard to say how much it costs as some contractors will only do the housing but you have to provide the fan (which means extra $), whereas others provide everything. Also, the workmanship varies tremendously. Let's just say there are many ways to secure a fan to the window. Whether chio or not is a different matter :P

Edited by ultimax