Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
June

Bachelorette Pad

Welcome June!

Big place u got there! Out of curiosity... Single can buy 5 rooms? I m a single lady who just bought 3 rooms hdb... Keke... Find it too small for me and my fur kid..

Since 2003/2004, single can buy any size flat as long as you can get the loan (ie salary high enough). I also think 3 room a bit too small so I bought 4 room. Should follow June and buy 5 room too. Hehe..... Really big place she got.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

wow..nice place you got..condition of the flat is well-maintained and nice!! Welcome to RT and wish you have a smooth reno. Hope to see more pics soon :D

Since 2003/2004, single can buy any size flat as long as you can get the loan (ie salary high enough). I also think 3 room a bit too small so I bought 4 room. Should follow June and buy 5 room too. Hehe..... Really big place she got.

Ahhh... Thanks may for answering :)

I cannot afford a 5 rooms in my area thou.. Lol.. Too ex! Don wish to spend too much on hdb (which I think I already paid premier price for this) I still like the idea owning two houses in sg for retirement... So gotta bear with the 3 rooms for 5 yrs mop first...

The place looks great, can save a bundle on reno, maybe some minor touches will be fine. Like wat Suyun suggested abt the kitchen, box up the top to reduce cleaning and put up back splash (colored glass - aluminium) to change the color. For other parts, maybe some colorful decal/wall stickers to 'brighten up' the kitchen. 5-RM is big enuff to take a coloured feature wall to break the monotony of white. The money saved from reno can be put into ceiling fans and nice furnitures.

Ahhh... Thanks may for answering :)

I cannot afford a 5 rooms in my area thou.. Lol.. Too ex! Don wish to spend too much on hdb (which I think I already paid premier price for this) I still like the idea owning two houses in sg for retirement... So gotta bear with the 3 rooms for 5 yrs mop first...

ya, i also cannot afford 5 room at my area but now looking back, i am thinking whether really cannot afford or can stretch a bit. too late now though..... hehehehehe.....

June, the place really look very nice already. really minor touch up would make it quite nice... maybe you will slowly grow to love the current theme? which area is this flat, by the way?

ya, i also cannot afford 5 room at my area but now looking back, i am thinking whether really cannot afford or can stretch a bit. too late now though..... hehehehehe.....

June, the place really look very nice already. really minor touch up would make it quite nice... maybe you will slowly grow to love the current theme? which area is this flat, by the way?

your area expensive ma....if you come my area you can easily afford a 5 roomer....lol

your area expensive ma....if you come my area you can easily afford a 5 roomer....lol

you sure i can get a 5 room at your area for what i paid for?

Hello everyone,

Thanks for leaving your comments here!

The 5 room flat is indeed quite big. At 1313 sq feet, it is one of the bigger 5 room flats in Singapore. Not sure if the new 5 room flats nowadays are that big. It's too big for a single occupant but I bought it with a view that one day, my parents may need to move in with me when they are older and less mobile. So rather than buy a smaller flat now and upgrade later, I would rather buy a bigger flat now. My new place is actually less than 10 minutes' walk from my parents place in Toa Payoh.

I must say I am very lucky in my flat hunting. Due to work and my own laziness, I viewed fewer than 10 units. My search was also restricted by the fact that I only want a flat near my parents. in total, I think I viewed only 6 or 7 units before finding my current place. :)

I like most parts of the flat except for the kitchen. To me, kitchen is the most important part of a flat. I cook to de-stress and I spend more time in the kitchen than in my bedroom. Unlike most women who must have a walk in wardrobe, I can do without one bcos I find that WIW tend to get a bit dusty after some time. And I am super allergic to dust and dirt. I also don't want mosquitos to be lurking among my clothes! But I do need a big normal wardrobe in my room bcos I have many bags, like most women :).

Like some of you suggested, I intend to leave most parts of the flat untouched (except for the basic wiring, lighting, painting etc). I will renovate the kitchen and the MBR toilet.

My dream kitchen is one that looks like a modern French bistro, but with some traditional design elements (but not too much or else it will look a bit dated/old fashion). Some of the elements that I hope to incorporate into the design are:

Glass and wood

photo_zps3e6c4f55.jpg

Some shelves

photo_zpse7c26815.jpg

hopefully, a tiny brick wall

photo_zps8ca4b94c.jpg

And of course, vintage signage

photo_zps7091101a.jpg

Wish me luck!

Edited by June

Tpy 5 room?? Wow!! Very nice location and definitely amazing cov too. Haha.....

If you only Reno kitchen and mbr toilet, then should be quite ok. Will not cost too much....

Tpy 5 room?? Wow!! Very nice location and definitely amazing cov too. Haha.....

If you only Reno kitchen and mbr toilet, then should be quite ok. Will not cost too much....

Hello May

Sorry, my reply was a bit misleading. My flat is in Kim Keat Avenue, which is nestled in one corner of Toa Payoh, two feeder bus stop away from Toa Payoh Central. The COV in the area is not as high as that in Toa Payoh.

Hi June, I love your French design inspirations. Looking forward to your finished project. :thumbs up::rolleyes:

I think your house would look fantastic! Sometimes it is not only a reno that would make a house looks nice. It is little things like fittings & other little knick knacks that transform the place. Believe it or not, I spent a lot of time looking for the perfect dustbin that can fit the decoration of the house. I am pretty envious of forummers who could do reno at one whole stretch. As I would be still staying at the house while my house is being 'upgraded', I am forced to do the reno in phases.