Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
June

Bachelorette Pad

haha, love how you mention the things you buy without your ID's approval. We just bought and informed later. They pretty much just had to accept what we bought :P

yes! And we dont need a reason to buy something...:)

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Wow!!! I m hooked on ur t-blog! Really creative and diy queen! Sigh, can only look n drool coz absolutely no talent in sewing watsoever... Sigh

Wow!!! I m hooked on ur t-blog! Really creative and diy queen! Sigh, can only look n drool coz absolutely no talent in sewing watsoever... Sigh

Haha! I'm forced to DIY bcos couldn't find anything to my liking. Now I need to move my lazy bones this weekend and start sewing!

Burnt yet another hole in the pocket this weekend...

Bought these pretty containers for my washing powder and clothes pegs...

photo_zps8046ab78.jpg

Stationery drawers for my study table (if I have one)

photo_zps817baeda.jpg

A fire escape rack ..! This has got to be one of the most quirky wall shelves I have ever seen.

photo_zps71c4c06f.jpg

A black steel rack for plants and shoes (to match the fire esape shelf)

photo_zps5e2712de.jpg

A Campbell soup kitchen timer..

photo_zpsb86c25c9.jpg

A rack for the balcony for plants and shoes

The biggest purchase this weekend is my Samsung tv...

photo_zps7359da14.jpg

And the current object of my desire is this tripod fan....

photo_zpsb78b3948.jpg

I'm interested to know how your place will turn out! Am loving the pieces of furniture/furnishings you've bought already!

P/S: where did you find the tripod fan...i love it.

I'm interested to know how your place will turn out! Am loving the pieces of furniture/furnishings you've bought already!

P/S: where did you find the tripod fan...i love it.

Hello, that's the Arden tripod fan. Its sold here for more than $800. It's also found in US and Australia. Though nice to look at, it may not be that useful. it oscillates just 50 deg. So not suitable for big room.

Finally there's some time to update this blog. I shall write about my ID's 'baby' today. it's the tv console cum feature wall which was 90% his idea and 10% modified by me to suit my needs.

This is the wall chosen to be my tv wall. Inside it is a pillar that cannot be hacked. What we did was to hack an opening at the side so that the greenery outside the balcony can be seen from the tv area.

photo_zpsd325b736.jpg

We spent quite some time brainstorming ideas on what to do with the wall, taking into consideration constraints such as my old fashioned cornices (which I kept to keep costs low). Here's a shot of my ID discussing with the carpenter - a nice, quiet uncle who gave some good ideas.

photo_zpsef51f49a.jpg

Here's a close up of my laminate. I like the aged look, which goes well with my overall rustic, industrial decor.

photo_zps5d526c62.jpg

ID was supposed to arrange for the laminate worker to install the laminates on my wall. But being a perfectionist, he was afraid the worker could not deliver the kind of workmanship which he wanted. So Mr Perfectionist decided to do it himself despite his busy schedule.

photo_zpsa16eb907.jpg

He roped in his parents to help and so I had three experts fussing over my wall. That's why I'm comfortably seated behind them taking this secret shot :)

It took about two half-days to get the laminates mounted. And this is how the tv console/feature wall look now

photo_zps19dfbabc.jpg

photo_zpsb98496e4.jpg

The tv console is a suspended peg-shaped structure that wraps round the wall. Both sides of the wall are laminated. It's about 80% complete. Next week, ID will be putting up black water pipes at the left hand side of the tv console. I've asked for some wire mesh shelves to be installed with the pipes so that I can display my knick knacks, but I'm not sure if he is agreeable to the idea.

Really can't wait for the entire thing to be completed. And I'm very thankful that my ID has so much pride in his work that he is willing to get his hands dirty. kudos to his parents too!

On the opposite side of the tv is my new sofa from IKEA. I love the colour! It goes so well with my wood tiles and white walls!

photo_zpsadaac91e.jpg

• Like 1

I finally went shopping for lights today. it was a much dreaded task that I left till the end. ID brought me to Chan Huat at Balestier as he said the prices were competitive. We decided on the black track lights for living and kitchen within record time but the dining lights were a killer. After browsing for about an hour, I still couldn't find any dining lights that were vintage industrial looking. All the lights were just too modern looking. Then we decided to skip dining lights and move on to balcony lights. Thats when our luck took a miraculous turn and we spotted a vintage looking balcony light which we instantly knew we found the dining lights.

photo_zpsc44b6fd4.jpg

photo_zps6c922154.jpg

I bought 3 of these and now I just have to find that dream dining table...

also bought these coasters today..

photo_zps22683bb0.jpg

It took about two half-days to get the laminates mounted. And this is how the tv console/feature wall look now

photo_zps19dfbabc.jpg

i like this alot, very creative :thumbs up:

Wow!

I love everything! Your house is coming together so beautifully! The tv feature is so so nice!

thanks much! :) My ID will be pleased to know someone (other than me) likes it...