Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
June

Bachelorette Pad

i like this alot, very creative :thumbs up:

Thanks!! I like the fact that the tv wall is right in the middle of the living room and I can walk around it

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

LOL! nice, i also wan in the middle but cannot...unless hack here n there

Now I know why you keep saying your place looks bare! You have your TV console placed in the middle nearer to the windows! Haha how many small cafe tables you plan to put in the remaining space? :-)

I am not a big fan of custom-build TV console but this is nice! Very rustic looking. My only concern with this placement is it might be too glaring to watch TV during the day and at night from the lights from outside unless you plan to have blackout curtains? And noise?

Edited by sarah833

Now I know why you keep saying your place looks bare! You have your TV console placed in the middle nearer to the windows! Haha how many small cafe tables you plan to put in the remaining space? :-)

I am not a big fan of custom-build TV console but this is nice! Very rustic looking. My only concern with this placement is it might be too glaring to watch TV during the day and at night from the lights from outside unless you plan to have blackout curtains? And noise?

Looking fabulous! Tho I also have concerns about the glsre too

Sarah- You know what? I have always been anti-tv console bcos I think it's really a waste of money! In fact the first time I met my ID, I already set the 'ground rules' - No tv console, no false ceilings, no brick walls! I just feel that I don't need these frills. As the renovation progressed, I realized my place was very bare bcos I knocked down some walls and I kept my carpentry to minimum to save costs. It's not so bad if my tv wall is at the side but this one is in the middle of the room and it was really stark when it's just plain white wall. My ID cautiously floated the idea of tv console to me but I was still insistent on not having tv console till he showed me the rustic laminate and I caved in and now I'm on the road of no return... :)

Sarah/juxtapose - Actually my living room isn't glaring bcos it's blocked by the multi story carpark. but I'm not sure why in my pix taken with iPhone, the glare was so bright. In real life when I was taking this pix, it was a soothing green outside. I think I shall quickly subscribe to cable tv and do an experiment and report to you ladies on the findings! :) Anyway, I'm sewing some blinds for the windows and some light will be blocked.

It look glaring because the exposure in the photo is based on the console and the console is dark, so it has to increase the exposure in order for you to view the darker areas. In doing so, the other bright areas may in the end turn out to be overly expose thus creating such photos.

One way to reduce it is to take the photo standing more to the right from the current photo position and focus into the room. The other is to use flash.

Edited by Alpc

It look glaring because the exposure in the photo is based on the console and the console is dark, so it has to increase the exposure in order for you to view the darker areas. In doing so, the other bright areas may in the end turn out to be overly expose thus creating such photos.

One way to reduce it is to take the photo standing more to the right from the current photo position and focus into the room. The other is to use flash.

Hey, thanks for the tip! Will try out soon :)

For the first time in my life, I spray painted a fan :) It belonged to the seller but I'm keeping it as it is still in good condition. The first few minutes were much of a struggle as I held the can of spray too close to the fan and the paint kind of splashed back on my hands. some parts of the paint were too thick and as a result there were visible blobs. The end product definitely didn't look like a professional job but it was quite fun!

The fan in it's original colour

photo_zpsf80fe80c.jpg

With its new coat of paint..

photo_zps3d11ae9a.jpg

photo_zpsf31defd0.jpg

photo_zpsd563d19b.jpg

• Like 1

thanks! You are very encouraging ! But one can only see from far..cannot go close up. I told my ID not to tell the electrician that I was the one who painted it :)

The search for a suitable dining table is proving to be even more challenging than I thought. ID has given me very specific specs - wooden top in dark shade with black metal legs. Any other designs would look out of place in rustic industrial scandi decor. No modern design.. No mid century design..etc etc.

After searching for more than a month, I decided to explore the possibility of customizing my dining table. This means sourcing for a big piece of solid wood and a pair of rustic black metal legs and getting a furniture maker to turn them into my dream table. It has never crossed my mind that one day, I would be talking to wood suppliers about wood and trees but I did today and it was the most enlightening conversation.The supplier I spoke to only had small pieces of chennai wood that look like this:

photo_zps8a8a29c6.jpg

photo_zps14eb96c9.jpg

He told me he would try to look for an old tree for me as wood from an old tree is most suitable for making furniture bcos it doesn't

warp. He also explained how he could join small pieces of wood together to form a big table top. I think it doesn't really matter whether I find my old tree. what's more important is that Ive learnt so much during my renovation process and met with interesting people who have different expertise and knowledge to share.

Anyway, saw this yesterday at a shopping mall and i really like it!

photo_zps6c8740ea.jpg

ready made tables are not cheap too. Actually I found one at Journey East that fits the bill except for the colour. I would need to pay more to get them to stain the wood to a darker shade. All in, the price will be more than 2k. I haven't asked about the price of the custom made table.. Let him find my old tree first... :)