Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
June

Bachelorette Pad

You may like to consider IKEA kitchen worktop.

This one feels solid. http://www.ikea.com/sg/en/catalog/products/90175788/

Hi ketua! I saw this kitchen top a few days ago in ikea. It does look like wood. But it's too narrow to be dining table. I actually asked my ID if we could join two pieces together but he said it's ugly to do so.. but I think i might use this countertop to make a study table.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi ketua! I saw this kitchen top a few days ago in ikea. It does look like wood. But it's too narrow to be dining table. I actually asked my ID if we could join two pieces together but he said it's ugly to do so.. but I think i might use this countertop to make a study table.

1. At Tampines branch, one 'showroom' has 2x worktops joined at the "L" counter top.

You may go take a look.

or

2. This Kitchen island uses the same worktop, but dimension is 126x79. I believe Ikea allows buying of just one single part.

http://www.ikea.com/sg/en/catalog/products/00116996/

June, Commune has a dark wooden top table with black metal legs. Very industrial. Price of table alone is under $2K.

The owners of the EM at Lor Ah Soo (they have a blog here too) bought one for their home

June, Commune has a dark wooden top table with black metal legs. Very industrial. Price of table alone is under $2K.

The owners of the EM at Lor Ah Soo (they have a blog here too) bought one for their home

hello hl85 ! I saw that table at Commune sometime back and it was on my KIV list. But when i went back there a few weeks ago, it wasnt there anymore. I think i will drop by again and ask the sales personnei if they are bringing in new stocks. i saw the furniture you bought...nice stuff! :)

hello hl85 ! I saw that table at Commune sometime back and it was on my KIV list. But when i went back there a few weeks ago, it wasnt there anymore. I think i will drop by again and ask the sales personnei if they are bringing in new stocks. i saw the furniture you bought...nice stuff! :)

Hope u manage to find something which suits! Love the TV console concept, very unique!

Hope u manage to find something which suits! Love the TV console concept, very unique!

The wood supplier just called me. He found smth that is of the length and thickness that I want. Going down on Friday to see the wood!

Keeping my fingers crossed!

Most likely getting these vintage legs for the dining table.

e3bf1a89afb069f4696f692a1330562c_zps5720

Really hope the piece of wood has beautiful grains and is suitable to be made into my dream table! And the best thing is, the quote given by the wood supplier cum furniture maker is cheaper than those solid wood tables sold in big-name shops.

anyway, dropped by my place today and saw that ID had covered my kitchen cabinet with plastic sheet which was taped onto the wall so that it doesn't fall off. I had casually mentioned to him yesterday that I hoped the electrician will cover my cabinets and sofa with plastic sheet before they installed the lights and today my ID personally did it. This is what I Iike about my ID - he is attentive to

details and promptly follows up on what I say. of course there are times when he is forgetful because he is so busy but such occasions have been very few. So I'm sure he remembers that I asked for a discount in the final bill and will promptly give it to me! Hahaha :)

ID and I went down to the wood supplier cum furniture maker to check out the piece of wood which they found for me. The workshop is very small but is filled with all kinds of raw wood and furniture waiting to be refurbished.

photo_zpsc663b512.jpg

It's a very tall piece of wood that almost reaches the ceiling of the workshop. it's the one at the back that is second from the right (the

one with the light shade on the side and dark shade in the middle). It was salvaged from a bar counter at a hotel and has retained

most of the rawness of the wood. The part that is of a lighter shade is actually the tree bark. The wood is really thick if seen from the

side. It will have to be cut down to size and stained to my desired colour.

here's the owner of the shop talking to my ID about the wood... it's what I called 'men's talk'.. Or rather...'wood talk' :)

photo_zps12888a92.jpg

here's the uncle jotting down the specifications of my table.

photo_zpsb8724c4f.jpg

I was so fascinated with the shop that I forgot to take pix of it. the workshop was filled with vintage furniture sent by big-name shops for refurbishment. The uncle and his wife were very passionate about their wood and their job. The wife told me they charge about $150 to clean and varnish a bedside table which will be sold at a high profit margin by the shops. So this elderly and affable couple are the hands behind some of those nice vintage furniture I saw in the shops!

Anyway, after deciding on my wood, I visited another industrial estate to buy my cast iron table legs and arrange for them to deliver to the workshop. It was truly a tiring but educational experience and now I'm looking forward to a new dining table that is unique to me! :) :)

Anyway, after deciding on my wood, I visited another industrial estate to buy my cast iron table legs and arrange for them to deliver to the workshop. It was truly a tiring but educational experience and now I'm looking forward to a new dining table that is unique to me! :) :)

Hi June,

May I know what is the address of this place??? I wanted to do a custom made dining table too... TIA

Hi June,

May I know what is the address of this place??? I wanted to do a custom made dining table too... TIA

Just pmed you :)

May I find out the name and address of this place too? I would love to acquire unique restored wood too!

Hi June,

Just pmed you :)

how about the chairs? you have something in mind already?

Nope! .. That's my next challenge.... But let me recover from my tree hunt first. :) :)