Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
June

Bachelorette Pad

The 3 parallel white ledges in the bathrm, wat material r they?

Oh they are made of steel! but at least they are not silver colour... :)

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

I like the water pipes and the framed vintage papers !

Wow your ID really goes extra miles in this (small) reno project! I

Maybe I will get a shock when I see the final bill... :) :) .. My ID has the benefit of time for my project bcos I'm not in a hurry to move in. For clients that have tight deadlines, I don't think they can expect the same amount of DIY.

I'm already thinking of doing carpentry for my study room.. originally I wanted to bring my old furniture over but now they seem quite out of place. But this will be for round 2.. When I recover from round 1 :)

Got cooped up at home today bcos of the haze and decided to get my hands dirty. i took a brand new clock which I bought recently and tried to paint it over to give it an aged, vintage look.

Here's the brand new clock.

photo_zpsbcc279a6.jpg

The face was rubbed with some brown paint and given a dirty, worn out look

photo_zpsf820ca20.jpg

The same was done to the rim of the clock..

photo_zps9125eed4.jpg

I think it can still look a bit more aged....

photo_zps7db567ed.jpg

More work need this weekend...

hi June, may i know from where do you get the three white tray thingy in your bathroom?

is it custom made by your ID?

thanks.

ID and I went down to the wood supplier cum furniture maker to check out the piece of wood which they found for me. The workshop is very small but is filled with all kinds of raw wood and furniture waiting to be refurbished.

photo_zpsc663b512.jpg

It's a very tall piece of wood that almost reaches the ceiling of the workshop. it's the one at the back that is second from the right (the

one with the light shade on the side and dark shade in the middle). It was salvaged from a bar counter at a hotel and has retained

most of the rawness of the wood. The part that is of a lighter shade is actually the tree bark. The wood is really thick if seen from the

side. It will have to be cut down to size and stained to my desired colour.

here's the owner of the shop talking to my ID about the wood... it's what I called 'men's talk'.. Or rather...'wood talk' :)

photo_zps12888a92.jpg

here's the uncle jotting down the specifications of my table.

photo_zpsb8724c4f.jpg

I was so fascinated with the shop that I forgot to take pix of it. the workshop was filled with vintage furniture sent by big-name shops for refurbishment. The uncle and his wife were very passionate about their wood and their job. The wife told me they charge about $150 to clean and varnish a bedside table which will be sold at a high profit margin by the shops. So this elderly and affable couple are the hands behind some of those nice vintage furniture I saw in the shops!

Anyway, after deciding on my wood, I visited another industrial estate to buy my cast iron table legs and arrange for them to deliver to the workshop. It was truly a tiring but educational experience and now I'm looking forward to a new dining table that is unique to me! :) :)

Could I get the name of this place? I'm doing up my place as well :)

• Like 1

hi June, may i know from where do you get the three white tray thingy in your bathroom?

is it custom made by your ID?

thanks.

Hello, it's from the bathroom section of ikea. They are often unnoticed.. :)

Distressing of clock (con't)...

Painted some 'rust' on the clock..

214ad2c3aaa1b150bb5dc0c30cd5af11_zpsfd87

And some 'scratches' too...

13cfaf4391dbf216e6d238aa03a8c1ff_zps3e46

13cfaf4391dbf216e6d238aa03a8c1ff_zps3e46

photo_zpsf9ab78c5.jpg

• Like 1

The ledge your ID helped to put up in the kitchen is quite versatile for homeowners like us who doesn't know how to handle a drill :)

I bought two shorter wooden ones from IKEA and used one for putting framed poster in the hall and one in my bedroom for putting books/painting.

ID also helped me put up the ledge in the kitchen. This is for me to put pictures, condiments or anything small for decorative purpose.

photo_zps54986697.jpg

Basically he's created a big blank canvas for me to decorate whatever way I want. I can turn my kitchen into something modern by placing trendy knick knacks on the ledge, or I could extend the rustic industrial look in the living room and dining room into the kitchen by having chalkboard, maison jars, rusty pots, and utensils hung on the wall etc. Looks like I'm going to have lots of fun decorating the kitchen!

Is this ledge made of powdercoated metal? Custom made?

Is this ledge made of powdercoated metal? Custom made?

No, they are made of wood from Ikea, i saw one made of powdercoated metal in CB2 but the dimensions were not right

Today was simply madness!! it was a whirlwind of activities from morning till night. My young aircon installer from Gain City came over in the morning to 'investigate' the complaint on aircon pipe by HDB. What happened was that a HDB officer came to conduct post-Reno inspection last week and said that the aircon pipe that jutted out through the exterior of the wall was a potential killer litter and insisted that I asked the Gain City installer to come back to remove it. But the problem is the pipe was left behind by the very first flat owner and I'm not using it for my aircon. So it's not really Gain City's problem.

Here's the disputed pipe

photo_zps65162beb.jpg

anyway, Gain City was really nice to despatch the same young guy who did my aircon installation. I w

as really glad to see him bcos he did a very good job installing my aircon. He told me he would settle the

problem for me and shortly after saying that, he jumped out of my MBR window!! I got a shock and

screamed!! but he was totally unfazed. While standing precariously on my ledge, he slowly pulled out his

safety belt and attached it to the aircon bracket. With one hand holding on to my window grilles, he used

the other hand to pull out the pipe and passed it to me. I told him to quickly come back in but he said he

will use silicon to fill up the hole. I was really on the verge of freaking out!

photo_zpse4257e1c.jpg

My mom who was with me told me to stop screaming or else he might really fall off the ledge!

Hahahaha.

Anyway, my White PD doors are in and that's the last major item in this reno.

ID dropped by to do the finishing touches to the tv console and then dashed off for his wedding

preparations. And I was rushing to decorate my kitchen before Wednesday when my friends will visit my

place, not for housewarming but to see the progress of my Reno. so it was a rush, rush day for

everyone!! I also took almost five hours to singlehandedly sweep, vacuum and mop the whole flat. I was

totally exhausted and terribly dirty at the end of it! And the worse thing is the floor doesn't seem sqeaky

clean. No wonder people have been telling me that it takes a few rounds of cleaning before the place is

finally clean.

tomorrow will be another busy day. I better check on the status of my customised dining table..bcos my

dining lights are looking way too lonely

photo_zps95c7e319.jpg

ID dropped by to do the finishing touches to the tv console and then dashed off for his wedding

preparations. And I was rushing to decorate my kitchen before Wednesday when my friends will visit my

place, not for housewarming but to see the progress of my Reno. so it was a rush, rush day for

everyone!! I also took almost five hours to singlehandedly sweep, vacuum and mop the whole flat. I was

totally exhausted and terribly dirty at the end of it! And the worse thing is the floor doesn't seem sqeaky

clean. No wonder people have been telling me that it takes a few rounds of cleaning before the place is

finally clean.

tomorrow will be another busy day. I better check on the status of my customised dining table..bcos my

dining lights are looking way too lonely

photo_zps95c7e319.jpg

Also got to buy a fan for my dining room in case my guests melt in this hot weather.. And of course rush

to decorate and DIY !!

[url=http://s1295.photobucket.com/user/Choolimeng/media/photo_zps9d393d43.jpg.html]

photo_zps9d393d43.jpg

Edited by June

Wa . jia you! the whole theme is holding it well! cant wait to see the final product!

Haha! Thanks!