Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
June

Bachelorette Pad

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

I think I'm worthy of getting an award for taking the longest time to buy my dining chairs. initially I thought getting the right dining table would be most difficult but it turned out that the chairs are more problematic and expensive! my custom made table was ready long, long time ago but I'm still searching for those elusive chairs. in the meantime, I'm using chairs left behind by the sellers. Quite mismatched but better than nothing !

9449780526_477fc98ab7.jpg

photo.JPG by BachelorettePad, on Flickr

9449772284_ddb704e6b4.jpg

photo.JPG by

BachelorettePad, on Flickr

my living room needing more decorations to fill all that space..And the more I look at the living room, the more I think it looks colonial..rather than industrial Scandinavian.. I think it's because of the black track lights and fan..

9450114514_b5bfab7b37.jpg

The view from the front door...there is an 'entry' next to the tv wall bcos I hacked the wall. so my tv wall and tv console are 360 degrees.

9449774646_a442b302f7.jpg

The console cabinet was made by the carpenter while everything else - the tv wall and the pipes were personally done by my ID. The pipes were originally in a boring brown colour but he colored them with black and silver paint to create a rusty industrial look. When I met the owners of some popular furniture shops recently, they told me they had trouble looking for skilled people in Singapore to custom make nice pipes for industrial design furniture. When I showed them the picture of the pipes, they said the pipes were very well made and asked for my contact. you can imagine their surprise when I said my ID designed the pipes and painted them himself. so kudos to my ID!

9450036968_b6da3152c4.jpg

It's still very much work in progress. Need to put in more stuff to fill the space and walls. I'm still doing the mock ups for my blinds. This DIY project is turning out to be more difficult than I thought. I have already done like three different looks but still not happy with it. And there are still the pipe shelves which my ID is doing (or will be doing when he is free... Which is I donno when... Hahaha)

Edited by June

I was too preoccupied with cleaning the flat that I completely forgot about buying a wok. I only discovered I'm missing a wok when I was about to fry my noodles for lunch! so I had no choice but to use my tiny pan which is for frying eggs and pancakes. It's quite a challenge using such a tiny pan but it worked! :)

9446982925_795534d976.jpg

• Like 1

Hi June.

My wife and I think your house is absolutely beautiful. Like what they say "less is more" definitely applies to your home.

Thanks! i actually want to put in more stuff .. wish i have more time to shop or do DIY stuff. :)

Who cares if its colonial or industrial scandinavian, its very nicely done up!

Thanks Missy! My living room actually reminds me of my school..which used to be housed in colonial buildings! I just have to put in some old wooden desks and blackboard and i will be transported back to school days! scary!

Wow! Can i come be ur guest? Hee

Hahaha! im waiting to see your pix.. Hope you find your ID soon! :)

June! Ur place is so so nice! its so quaint and serene plus every corner seem to have an element of surprise... you know, it sort of remind me of a B&B or hip little hostel or home restaurant :sport-smiley-018: .

June! Ur place is so so nice! its so quaint and serene plus every corner seem to have an element of surprise... you know, it sort of remind me of a B&B or hip little hostel or home restaurant :sport-smiley-018: .

Thanks! i try to have an element of surprise in every corner..but its more to keep myself entertained or else i will be quite bored. :)

Your dog is soooo cute!

Thanks! i try to have an element of surprise in every corner..but its more to keep myself entertained or else i will be quite bored. :)

Your dog is soooo cute!

:D hehehe.. (if you ever come by, maybe you can meet her!) Now that you did so many DIY projects so well, perhaps u can do it as a hobby/sideline, this way, you wont be bored!