Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
June

Bachelorette Pad

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

I hope you will not stop blogging here as i really love how you renovate and furnish your place. Really enjoy your posts on DIY and i think it puts alot of guys to shame ( me included definitely , i suck in technical classes ) . Anyways i think that the home furnishing process is lifelong! so just enjoy and im sure others (like me) enjoy reading your blog

Thanks jnohclee! I will try to continue with this blog but sometimes it's difficult bcos of other commitments.

You should try DIY too. Find smth manageable. There is no drilling involved in my projects as I can't drill and I think I will never be able to learn. :)

Today has got to be the most horrible day after I shifted into my new pad. The day started with a freak accident in the morning when I was cooking lunch. I forgot I threw the knife and other cutlery into the basin and when I was washing up, I put my hand into the soapy water and grabbed the blade of the knife... :(.. And then everything went downhill from there. Work was crazy and people I communicated with today were rather weird too. They must be having Monday blues!

So after a long horrible day, I just had to vent all that pent up frustration by sanding down some wood!

I took a piece of pinewood left behind by ID ....10140925924_a7c7cd4776.jpgphoto.JPG by BachelorettePad, on Flickr

and turned it into this....10141186486_da3e2f0942.jpgphoto.JPG by BachelorettePad, on Flickr10141226493_d36fd1dbc5.jpgphoto.JPG by BachelorettePad, on Flickr

it's a mini bench for my plants in the balcony. The base is a small shelve which I bought on impulse but had no use for. This Is done in about 1.5 hours tonight, a personal record for me and a very good workout.

But now my right hand is aching bcos of all that aggressive sanding..and my left hand is non-functioning bcos of the freak accident this morning.

OUCH!!!...

Good night..

Looks gd June! Hope ur poor hand gets well soon.. :(

Dont stop blogging pls! U are RT's DIY Queen! Hehehe

Hi redder, Im not the DIY queen.. I'm the half baked DIY-er. I tell my frens they can stand far and see but cannot go near or sneeze in case the thing collapse.

Our ID is the God of DIY.. Haha.. Are you getting anything customised ?

Hi June,

Enjoyed reading your tblogs- esp your DIYs! very creative and impressive! :)

I am looking for similar table as yours , would appreciate if you can PM me your furniture contact.

Hi June,

Enjoyed reading your tblogs- esp your DIYs! very creative and impressive! :)

I am looking for similar table as yours , would appreciate if you can PM me your furniture contact.

Hi, have pm u :)

wow love ur DIY skills! envy!

Don't envy... You can do it too ! The hardest part is taking the first step. Most pp, including myself, are lazybones. To motivate myself, I do my DIY in front of the tv. Kill two birds with one stone :)

Our ID is the God of DIY.. Haha.. Are you getting anything customised ?

Ok. That, I have to agree lol!

Yes may need to customize sofa to fit the curved corner of my balcony as we're extending the living into e balcony. Will meet God of DIY end of this mth to finalize design.. Only then will I know what else to customize and what to shop from Taobao! Hahaha

I'm very impressed with your DIY and put me to shame.

"LIKE"!!!!

thanks..! i hope my interest lasts.. Sometimes i just want to be couch potato on my off days.. :)