Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
June

Bachelorette Pad

Haha...! I dont have many bags now bcos I spring clean while packing for the big move and also 'forgot' some stuff in my parents' place. I made shelvings for my bags and bedsheets.

Here's a pix. The top shelve is empty bcos I'm too lazy to stand on a chair to reach it.

10220910454_c8c4aabc7f.jpg

photo.JPG by BachelorettePad, on Flickr

Hey June, I'm also a silent reader of your T-blog. You have a lovely home filled with your DIY stuff! So don't leave this space...

And btw, after I saw this post, I realised I didn't put in a space in my wardrobe for my bag collection too >.<

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi peace JR,

Thanks for visiting my blog! Now I've got no time to DIY. A lot of time is spent doing housework (which is a real killer) and cooking (which i absolutely enjoy).

• Like 1

Just a small update on my place. My dream has always been to build a home that is full of greenery and Im taking small steps towards that. So far, the plants seem to be doing well with minimal care. And the green looks really good against the colour tones in my place - black, white and wood.

12699264935_fab59292f6.jpg
Love the leftover wall laminate under the pot...wish I had more of this...
12699630683_9a9dc2759f.jpg
My current favourite - mint plant!
12699255845_4114166fe7.jpg

• Like 1

Now that I've settled in the new place for about 7 months, Im finally enjoying the place by cooking and hosting makan sessions. I really enjoy having an open concept kitchen that allows me to move between the kitchen and the dining area easily without banging into any wall. My dining area is huge by today's standard as it used to be the old living room (Yes, my dining area should actually be called a dining room, not an area). It can easily accommodate 22 people if I were to place two foldable tables on each side of my long dining table and there is still ample walking space around. This is one of the key reasons why I bought this flat.

Here's a rather lousy pix of the dining table plus one small table, which can accommodate 15 people for a steamboat meal.

12336439084_95c663a4b7.jpg
And here's another lousy shot of my family lunch during CNY. (I have no idea why I took a picture with the sun shining in my direction)
12336420924_311fc3f17e.jpg
In the foreground is the Ikea kitchen cabinet with extendable top. Not only do the colours match my kitchen carpentry, it is useful during parties when i need the space for drinks and food. On a normal day, its placed against the wall in my kitchen and provides extra counter space. The top opens up to a length of about 1.5m I think.
Edited by June

• Like 1

Hi June, love your home.. been reading up all 19 pages! I tried to PM you but i cant.. could u share the location and contact of the lovely couple who made your table please? I saw you mentioned Kenneth in one of the posts?

Thank u!

May I check where you got these planter baskets from? And how are they fixed on the ledge? :D

Hi, these are small baskets for knick knacks which I bought from a neighborhood shop that also sells pails and brooms etc. I bought them bcos the size is just right for my narrow window ledge. I fixed them on the ledge using 3M heavy duty tape. If I want to move the pots somewhere else, I can easily remove the baskets.

Hi there... I'm still getting PM queries on where I got my dining table customised, even though I had mentioned the suppliers in my blog. So I'm repeating the details here again: The table top is done by Wah King furniture and the legs are from Comfort Furniture. You can easily get the phone numbers and addresses by googling them. Good luck!

I didn't think I would be posting any DIY projects in this blog now that work & housework take up most of my time, But recently, I completed a DIY project in RECORD TIME and I just have to write about it. It took me less than a minute to assemble some simple parts and about an hour to mount it on the wall. It would have taken a shorter time to mount if I had not been distracted by smses and the TV.

The reason why I did this DIY project was because I needed a rack for toiletries near the basin in my MBR. I had a big problem searching for toiletries racks during Reno as most of the racks I saw were made of stainless steel and the designs were pretty standard. As I dislike stainless steel racks, I decided to leave some of my toiletries on the basin itself. But I soon discovered that there's always brown yucky dirt at the bottom of the bottles due to the water from the washing. So I had no choice but to start looking for toiletries rack again.

I bought these plastic toiletries containers from a neighborhood shop but they kept sliding down my tiles.

And they look so boring!

13910426052_374da5d098.jpg

photo.JPG by

BachelorettePad, on Flickr

In order not to waste these containers, I sifted through the odds and ends in my store room and found

two items that gave me an idea! Within a minute, I came up with this:

13919943785_4272af58fb.jpg

13933984824_696fb4ce6e.jpg

13933966034_bbc941664f.jpg

It matches what's on the opposite side

11619108945_9e08c73274.jpg

What do you think?

Edited by June

• Like 1

june so creative.. can take a walk in my house.. and think of what to put? hahahaha~~ :P

OK! i will let you know my design fees! hahaha.

By the way, I heard about your kitchen hood and the very ya-ya seller. Hope it has been resolved?