Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Damocles

Pets In Condo

The keeping of pets, especially cats and dogs, are strictly forbidden in condos.

So, what can be done to stop irresponsible residents from doing such things?

Your feedback is appreciated.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hmm..

which law say so?

I remember my last condo. Has neighbor keeping dogs.

My ex-colleague keeping cats at her condo too.

Hmm..

which law say so?

I remember my last condo. Has neighbor keeping dogs.

My ex-colleague keeping cats at her condo too.

I was thinking that pets, especially cats and dogs moult and the furs shed can cause asthma.

Pets can also transmit cross specie diseases not to mention the nuisance of some owners allowing their pets to defecate in the lifts!!!

I was thinking that pets, especially cats and dogs moult and the furs shed can cause asthma.Pets can also transmit cross specie diseases not to mention the nuisance of some owners allowing their pets to defecate in the lifts!!!

wah.. which condo you stay ? Even in hdb, none of the owners allow pets to defecate in the lift..

The keeping of pets, especially cats and dogs, are strictly forbidden in condos.

Private house owners (condos/landed) can keep up to 3 dogs. Of coz you must apply license. Condo Mgmt has no right to forbid keeping of pets. License is by AVA.Pet owners also need to be responsible to ensure their dogs are leashed at all times and to pick up their poo.

Damocles,

First there are no rules that says pets are not allowed in condos. Please do yourself a favor by checking this out.

I stay in a condo and I keep a pet dog. I don't think your statement equating pet owners as irresponsible residents is fair. I don't know which condo you live in but I certainly don't see my fellow residents allowing their pets to defaecate in the lifts. You should be notifying your Management Office if this happens.

I would like to also point out that asthma is not only caused by our pets' shedding. So please get your facts right before you start blaming cats and dogs. Pollens, pollution, stress, tobacco smoke are some of the other causes of asthma.

Damocles,

First there are no rules that says pets are not allowed in condos. Please do yourself a favor by checking this out.

I stay in a condo and I keep a pet dog. I don't think your statement equating pet owners as irresponsible residents is fair. I don't know which condo you live in but I certainly don't see my fellow residents allowing their pets to defaecate in the lifts. You should be notifying your Management Office if this happens.

I would like to also point out that asthma is not only caused by our pets' shedding. So please get your facts right before you start blaming cats and dogs. Pollens, pollution, stress, tobacco smoke are some of the other causes of asthma.

Well said! Many people are ignorant thinking that pets are causing allergies. Many pet owners give up their pets when they have newborn baby. It's kinda sad ! Irresponsible

Damocles,

AVA gives licence to allow owners to have pets. MC has rights to issue bylaw, if majority vote not to....this constitutes to "rules".

Damocles merely "thinks"...., for sure, to me, you attached your personal values with experience perceived that Damocles "blaming cats and dogs". Did he/she "blame"?

Well said! Many people are ignorant thinking that pets are causing allergies. Many pet owners give up their pets when they have newborn baby. It's kinda sad ! Irresponsible

Is each and everyone of those who keep pets, like cats and dogs, so fastidious as to ensure that their pets will never soil the lift or other common areas?

So absolutely sure?

I think u r mountain tortise or?

I think u r mountain tortise or?

Do you know the reasons that cats/dogs are not allowed in taxis, public eating places?

Pets owners carry " personal attachment" to pets, as well as "social responsibility" to general public, just like organisation's CSR. This is a growing megatrend, otherwise no sustainability for survival. Gov agencies know this very well.

Most stress their their "rights" and opt not to know their responsibilities.

Do you know the reasons that cats/dogs are not allowed in taxis, public eating places?

Pets owners carry " personal attachment" to pets, as well as "social responsibility" to general public, just like organisation's CSR. This is a growing megatrend, otherwise no sustainability for survival. Gov agencies know this very well.

Most stress their their "rights" and opt not to know their responsibilities.

Who tell u cats n dogs r not allowed in taxis? WHO...PLS TELL ME

Is each and everyone of those who keep pets, like cats and dogs, so fastidious as to ensure that their pets will never soil the lift or other common areas?

So absolutely sure?

that's why I said pet owners need to be responsible as well..everyone play a part. Same goes to irresponsible parents who don't control their kids who yell and making alot noise and inconvenience to others in public places.

same theory.period.