Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
spikedoll

How Much Cov Have You Paid?

Hi all

First post in renotalk!

Just obtained our valuation report for a 5I unit in Tampines.

Flat valued $12k below purchase price.

Anyone with experience with flats in Tampines? Especially around street 21 area.

Is 12k cov excessive?

Thank you very much for all your help!

First time home owner here..

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Just bought 4A Premium resale flat at Woodlands drive 62 , beside Admiralty MRT, high floor unit ,move in condition . Resale price is 20K under valuation. Plan to do some renovations

Edited by Silver

Unless the HDB flats are super duper exclusive or super duper good fengshui. 2015 should expect not much people forking out COV. Too many in the market not moving.

Have been reading all the posts and somehow feel that all the covs and all the flat valuations mentioned so far seem reasonable. Bought a two room flat at commonwealth crescent, first floor, valued at 73k and cov 13k back in 1996. The house had to be renovated some more and so further damages of 5k.Also I did not apply for any grants either. Reason we bought the place was it was right opposite Tanglin Halt food centre (open 24 hours) and wet market, PAP kindergarten and other shops selling foodstuffs, clothes and household items. Barber shops econ minimarts and what nots. Only downside was no NTUC and had to shut all windows before going to bed cause ground floor mah!!. Whenever I felt bored staying home with my very small two kids, a walk around the neighbourhood shops always cheered me up just like window shopping in malls!! Everyone said I was stupid to forgo the 4 room new chua chu kang hdb flat to urgently buy a resale two roomer on ground floor. I was pregnant with my second child, staying in a common room in my parent's 3 room flat, was sharing the toilets with them and to wait two more years for a four room flat did not seem a very bright idea. After a major upgrading in 2002 the kitchen was bigger and two years later I sold the flat for 100k no cov to move into a five room new direct hdb flat in seng kang. That is when I felt I had paid too much for the flat back in 1996 but hubby assured me that we had lived a good 8 years there next to all amenities, eaten enough midnight snacks and raised two sons in our own house!! Sometimes you cannot measure valuable experience and joy monetarily!! Just my two cents' worth.

First post here also...

July 2014 ended up pay 10K above COV. 3NG at Bedok - highfloor, facing main road, North-South facing, about 8 min. walk to Bedok Mall. Condition of the flat was ok, though thinking of doing up the floor & toilets and electrical.

First post here!

Paid 23K COV for a 5 Room unit in Pasir Ris. High floor, unblocked, 10 minutes walk to MRT station and very recently renovated toilets and kitchen. Whole house has marble flooring too! Initially worried about whether we were overpaying but we were convinced its a good deal after checking out renovation costs.

Hope to learn alot here about renovation as that is the next step in our journey as homeowners!