Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
spikedoll

How Much Cov Have You Paid?

Actually my dad almost sign and buy one 5i behind buangkok MRT. Validation 610k, listed 718k, final offer my dad gave was 688k, seller still want 700k. LUCKY the seller thinks too little and wanted 1 day to think about. That night we talk some sense into him, next day he called the agent say don't want, went see this TPY 5i again and just buy lol

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

I think u mean Blk 79x right? Ya that's the one, officially april 1st marks the 5th year. That area 5rm unlikely to get 50k COV unless very old or have problem one^^;

yup yup... 79x... those are the few blocks that are really expensive and since its just 5th year, the cov is really high.

if its those new blocks, 59A/B/C, then its really expensive as its relatively new. Maybe no need to reno if the reno was done like 5-6 years ago. furnishing just bring in the current loh..... and they will be selling current, which might be high COV too?

I think u mean Blk 79x right? Ya that's the one, officially april 1st marks the 5th year. That area 5rm unlikely to get 50k COV unless very old or have problem one^^;

Wow ... 93k on cov? Still need to factor in reno cost and furnishing. I would need a lot of cash to do this..... the highest bid will secure the deal. I never bother to view unit when vov exceeds 50k lor.

93k is based on Jan validation, current validation should be 15-20k more. No need renovate much, it's actually move-in condition if not picky.

Wow ... 93k on cov? Still need to factor in reno cost and furnishing. I would need a lot of cash to do this..... the highest bid will secure the deal. I never bother to view unit when vov exceeds 50k lor.

if its those new blocks, 59A/B/C, then its really expensive as its relatively new. Maybe no need to reno if the reno was done like 5-6 years ago. furnishing just bring in the current loh..... and they will be selling current, which might be high COV too?

My parents just paid 93k COV for a 5yr old TPY 5I 9th floor. The agent claims the seller using Jan validation which is lower, but good thing is the seller agent didn't bring his "friend" agent to represent as buyer agent. If he had, my dad would had just told that agent to fly kite lol

Another agent was saying there's one 30+ floor 5rm one of the blocks nearby sold for >$1m. My parents also went see 36th floor unit, that unit seller agent says already got people offer 1.28m, but seller still want to consider :dancingqueen: That's like 485k COV :jawdrop:

Of cos, all of these are only true when they officially appear on HDB sales record, which takes about 1-2months bah :rolleyes:

Wow ... 93k on cov? One still need to factor in reno cost and furnishing. I would need a lot of cash to do this..... the highest bid will secure the deal. I never bother to view unit when cov exceeds 50k lor.

Edited by potatoes

My parents just paid 93k COV for a 5yr old TPY 5I 9th floor. The agent claims the seller using Jan validation which is lower, but good thing is the seller agent didn't bring his "friend" agent to represent as buyer agent. If he had, my dad would had just told that agent to fly kite lol

Another agent was saying there's one 30+ floor 5rm one of the blocks nearby sold for >$1m. My parents also went see 36th floor unit, that unit seller agent says already got people offer 1.28m, but seller still want to consider :dancingqueen: That's like 485k COV :jawdrop:

Of cos, all of these are only true when they officially appear on HDB sales record, which takes about 1-2months bah :rolleyes:

Hi all,

I am new here. Just bought EM opp Tampines Mall. COV paid about 80K. Do you think is a good buy ?

80k is quite norm for EM these days. Moreover yours is near tampines central. Is it high/low floor?

Seems this is a game agents play.. I like a house, then agent who say he is my 'buyer' agent brought me downstairs to talk after seeing the house. So I expressed my interest and we worked out a COV to offer. Then this scary 'buyer' agent whom I just got to know that day starting talking to the seller agent. What he said was to the tune of "I ask my buyer give you an incentive 2-4k if you want. you just block all the other offers coming in for us. No need to tell the selller. Even if you manage to get cov 5k more, your comms also will not be 2-4k more than what the seller paying you right?"

What shocked me is that he did not even discuss with me to 'bribe' the seller agent. He just went on the phone with him in front of me. and told me his plan thereafter. Although it was to my benefit, I felt so uncomfortable dealing with this agent, I just declined and stopped viewing for a while cos I also busy with work.

I ever called in to view a unit and the agent claimed he is the buyer agent and introduce his colleague as a the seller agent.

Guess what? The valuation report is filed under the buyer agent's name!!

Thanks. Yup. It's 3rd gen EM. I feel very blessed to be able to secure this unit. Guess the COV is lower because it is a low floor unit. :)

Then again, units in this block hardly come up for sale so just faster grab it lor.

EDIT:

But I like your EM. The size is super big. Love your layout too. Some more in Bishan. I was looking around there too. All the units I saw is mainly original condition. I even went to Blk 657. But the COV's are minimum $150K onwards. So in the end, gave up my dream of staying at Bishan (for now) and selected Bt Batok.

Hi 3dyms

Thank you :)

Bb central is good choice. Near west mall, MRT station, bus interchange and amenities. Probably one of the last batches of EM.

Bishan was not on our list in the first place. We have viewed almost whole of west side ( bb, bt panjang, bukit gombak, j west & east, Cck ) and our offers were rejected.

We are lucky our seller isn't greedy type and got the layout we like. Based on the past resale transactions in bishan, the cov we paid certainly not on the high side.

Will camp in your blog for updates!

You are so lucky to get EM at 60k cov ! Somemore near MRT and west mall! I remember when we viewed EM units at Blk 140 plus the asking cov was already 60-80k at least ! Moreover is a corner unit. I suppose those are 3rd gen EM ? Congrats!

Thanks. Yup. It's 3rd gen EM. I feel very blessed to be able to secure this unit. Guess the COV is lower because it is a low floor unit. :)

Then again, units in this block hardly come up for sale so just faster grab it lor.

EDIT:

But I like your EM. The size is super big. Love your layout too. Some more in Bishan. I was looking around there too. All the units I saw is mainly original condition. I even went to Blk 657. But the COV's are minimum $150K onwards. So in the end, gave up my dream of staying at Bishan (for now) and selected Bt Batok.

Edited by 3Dyms

Just bought a EM at Bukit Batok, right next to West Mall. Its a corner unit, 143sqm. COV is $60K.

Considering the location is just 5-minutes walk to shopping mall and Bt Batok MRT station, I'm ok with the COV.

Though of course I wished it was lower. :P

You are so lucky to get EM at 60k cov ! Somemore near MRT and west mall! I remember when we viewed EM units at Blk 140 plus the asking cov was already 60-80k at least ! Moreover is a corner unit. I suppose those are 3rd gen EM ? Congrats!

Just bought a EM at Bukit Batok, right next to West Mall. Its a corner unit, 143sqm. COV is $60K.

Considering the location is just 5-minutes walk to shopping mall and Bt Batok MRT station, I'm ok with the COV.

Though of course I wished it was lower. :P