Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
spikedoll

How Much Cov Have You Paid?

I second!

I ballot my current flat and prior to the appointment with HDB, husband and I didn't even think of viewing other HDB flats. We just threw in $10 to ballot a unit in the area/estate which we want and thought, well if we get it good, else just move on and try again 3 months later.

Just once and bingo, we were given a queue number and viewed this unit and on 1st appointment with HDB, we signed on the dotted line.

For the price we bought, some people told us that it would be very hard on us on the monthly repayment but to us, it is worth it as we do not need to rent again. The location, a roof over our head and a place where we can call home are the many reasons why we are willing to buy at that price last year.

Sometimes COV just comes down to how much u like the place. I initially thought of not paying anything more than 40k but after about 4 months of viewing, finally paid well over 60k for a unit that both me n my missus really love. It was a unit in pretty bad shape in our opinion n had to throw in another chunk for Reno. That was over half year ago. Now we moved in, really love it. Guess if its for own stay n not viewed as a form of investment, then you'll just pay what u think its worth, n if u really like it, then nothing is too much.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

frankly, luck and legwork comes into effect here.

i bought my 3NG in tampines a 7 years back.... $4k COV. val $170k.

i thot i was lucky ... but then a friend told me he knew someone bought a 3 room in tampines 2 years ago ... also $4k cov !! they were lucky to have found a seller who was a pastor and i guess, he didn't need the money.

Sometimes COV just comes down to how much u like the place. I initially thought of not paying anything more than 40k but after about 4 months of viewing, finally paid well over 60k for a unit that both me n my missus really love. It was a unit in pretty bad shape in our opinion n had to throw in another chunk for Reno. That was over half year ago. Now we moved in, really love it. Guess if its for own stay n not viewed as a form of investment, then you'll just pay what u think its worth, n if u really like it, then nothing is too much.

I agree with Opto.

If you like it then nothing is too much :yamseng:

I have in mind how much COV I'm willing to pay when I view a unit so if the asking is beyond the threshold then I'll give it a miss...

Also have to be realistic to work within budgets :bangwall:

Good luck!

Edited by dreamzgal

I just heard from my friend that COV in Sengkang is around 25k on the average. Is this low or high?

What type of HDB? 4rm?5rm? Low or high floor? It's very hard to comment without more details on the unit.

COV is really something ppl wack. My same block difference of 2 floors COV is 10k difference. Sales price yes but COV? Conditions Abt same....and funny part lower floor more expensive!

Have been looking for pass 1yr housing price had never come down. So well done I'm now ready to buy at it's highest!

Most place I see COV asking is 100k+! Which I won't pay. Owners also not keen...all wanna strike jackpot attitude. I even saw a unit whose asking 220k COV!

What type of flat are you referring to? 220k cov? That's really crazy. Yes cov is the part we are most unwilling to pay.. Most units we viewed in non prime areas were asking for 100k abv . Eventually we decided to go for a prime estate that convince us to pay for that kind of cov.

COV is really something ppl wack. My same block difference of 2 floors COV is 10k difference. Sales price yes but COV? Conditions Abt same....and funny part lower floor more expensive!

Have been looking for pass 1yr housing price had never come down. So well done I'm now ready to buy at it's highest!

Most place I see COV asking is 100k+! Which I won't pay. Owners also not keen...all wanna strike jackpot attitude. I even saw a unit whose asking 220k COV!

when did you bought it? its the timing..... i just make a call today to a 3room, only 59sqm and asking for 70k COV

Really think it Is too much for a 3 rm. Dont think it is worth to pay for convenience ...... S'pore is already so small .... Everywhere and anywhere is also accessible.

when did you bought it? its the timing..... i just make a call today to a 3room, only 59sqm and asking for 70k COV

Bought in oct 2012.. Initially asking for 80k cov.. Told the agent I will rather buy private, but checked holland area condo are going more den a million, and Micky mouse size..

the location is so superb, go anywhere also convenient.. Best is all big banks, 24 hrs supermarket, 24 hrs coffee beans and Starbucks, hawker center, pubs, MRT all just across the road, best best is 5 mins drives to my working place!, so i can sleep more!! lol....

seriously, can't find anywhere like that le.. so no choice.. Bite the bullet.. Imagine half a mil for a 3 rms flat!? It still on the high side.. Is that stupid Val too high... Haiz...

Edited by mafiawife

Where is this 3room? That's a lot to ask for a 3room!

I always thought i bought an expensive unit, as it a 38yrs old 3rooms flat... upgraded corner unit.. 785sqft val 460k cov 40k

but after i read thru this thread.. i think mine wasnt that bad base on the location

2mins to holland village mrt, 24 hrs cold storage rite opposite, front view bt timah hill and back view MBS.. super bright and windy (till now no chance to on ac nor fan)

so i guess it an ok deal after all.. :rolleyes:

40k COV for HV area is considered quite a good buy. Yes depends on the timing when you bought it.

I always thought i bought an expensive unit, as it a 38yrs old 3rooms flat... upgraded corner unit.. 785sqft val 460k cov 40k

but after i read thru this thread.. i think mine wasnt that bad base on the location

2mins to holland village mrt, 24 hrs cold storage rite opposite, front view bt timah hill and back view MBS.. super bright and windy (till now no chance to on ac nor fan)

so i guess it an ok deal after all.. :rolleyes: