Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
spikedoll

How Much Cov Have You Paid?

Will be paying 50k cov for a Sengkang EA flat in very good, original condition. Other sellers asking for 60-95k for their no-taste renovations and crappy flat layout. Gila these people, I tell you. Still, 50k is a lot of money. Will need to sell my body soon.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

23k 3rd floor 4A bukit panjang

in front of Senja LRT

5 minutes walk to future Bukit Panjang MRT

Walking distance to Bukit Pajang Plaza and Ten Mile Junction

House is in good condition quite renovated and only 9 yrs. old.

Edited by ayanbhe

You file a complaint against this agent with CEA and let them investigate.

Hi summersann

I had a similar experience like yours.

I arrived at a re-sale unit which to meet the selling agent down stairs before going up to view the unit.

The selling agent is seen to have a group of same company collegues with him.

I mentioned I'm alone and he started to introduced his other collegues to my agent. I turned down his offer to recommendation.

After viewing, the seller agent bring me down stairs to discuss the status of my interest.

I accepted the asking COV that he said that he to forward the acceptance to the owner.

A few days later, I called him as there was no sound and picture heard from the seller agent.

He told me that the owner has sold his unit to another of his prefer buyer....

From this episode, that I can conclude that this seller agent may have not bring my offer to the owner. I suspect that he may have got the owner to sell the unit to the buyer whom has engage his collegue to be the buyer agent....

The mortal of the transaction is selling and buying commission shall goes to his same company....

ThOugh CEA has legalized that a agent cannot act for bOth parties, the loophole is the seller agent and buyer agent can be of the same company...

my cov in serangoon 50k. not sure what the average was, but i guess since we really like the place, we had to part with the $$

anyways... :) as long as happy can liao la.

smth to share to celebrate the monday over

6th floor, Val: 435, 1 busstop away from MRT. Is 45 COV too much?

Personally, COV is something that we must feel good to part with, since the valuation report already more or less factor in the overall value of the conditions. Sad to say, valuation is done primarily on using the comparative method, comparing transacted prices of the same area, and a very nicely done up flat may only have 10k to 20k increase over a same floor neighbor. That is why COV may differ for such situations. Sellers who new and who had put in a lot of effort and cash on their renovations will naturally want higher cash to cover this aspect before they are willing to part with their property. Buyer who pay high cash will most probably be comfortable to the price, as hat they see will be what they get, or even better with some minor touch up. The higher cash they pay may equate to lesser money on Reno and shorter time to move-in or lease out.

In terms of accessibility and convenience, I think your property should be good. I presume 6th floor is considered a mid floor in your case.

For a COV of 45k, it really depends on how comfortable to cough out this amount and the overall factors to consider.

The COV as quoted in this thread can only give a gauge of the range. There are earlier posts that mentioned after deducting the rental paid by the sellers who asked for extensions, the COV decreases.

Good luck. :yamseng:

In the end, we have to make the judgmental call.

Initial plan is to move to west ( near my parents) but the asking COV is ridiculous and most units I seen are in very bad condition.. Now we are looking at east areas (Pasir ris, tampines) and hougang... ( near hubby's parents and our workplace)

My agent must be thinking we crazy from west to east lol

Ya that 558 uncle can wait long long for his 150k COV hahahhahahaa

You won't regret staying in the East! :thumbs up:

Why u all manage to buy EM at such low COV ......... So lucky !

Maybe just that we meet realistic seller who are motivated to sell.

FYI, mine is low floor, I.e. 4th.

The original condition needs an overhaul as the seller who happened to be the second owner, last did their Reno in 1997. So u can imagine the condition. When I first saw the condition, like the broken and missing window panels etc, my wife and I were quite put off. the utility room downstairs was hacked to become a second living hall. So, the overall condition was like.....

Lucky the sellers were aware of the condition and situation and initially their 35k COV was reduced to 25k.

My ID had hacked away the wall dividing the balcony and kitchen and the kitchen will be open concept. As for the utility room, instead of building concrete walls, built in cabinets on both sides will make up for the walls.

Currently, the electricians are carving out the square holes for the lights.

Keeping my fingers crossed that everything will be good.