Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
nick34

My First Flat Blog (Punggol Arcadia)

Hi all, I'm not a new user in RT but was unable to login my previous username so here I am to register another username to blog on my new nest at punggol arcadia.

After months of finding out about how Interior designers works and where to get cheap electrical appliances, I've finally started renovating the flat after leaving it vacant for months even after key collection.

Also after researching, I've found out that IDs charges electrical at a very high rate hence I source out an electrician myself to tie up with my ID. I would say the cost is cheaper by at least 30%.

OK back to the topic. The ID must be that should be contactable at all times and respond to my needs as I have heard from friends that their ID can't be contacted during the course of renovating or is too busy to even meet up after signing the agreement. I'm glad to have found myself an ID that respond to my calls from time to time asking questions from a reno newbie(Yes ME). Till date he never miss any of my call. The ID I got for my new nest was Kent and he is so hardworking that at the end of every working day, he would call up my wife to report of what have been done for the day and what his contractor will be doing for the following day. I will personally give a 5/5 for his service attitube.

Informations of my new home

Project : Punggol Arcadia 5rm premium

Size : 115sqm

Cost from ID (exclude electrical works) : ard 20+

Cost from electrician (Without lightings) : 1.5 :yamseng:

I suppose in RT, picture speaks louder than words. so I'm going to post up pictures of my new nest for everyone to judge.

Floorplan

FloorPlan_zps76d93ad6.jpg

Edited by nick34

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

3D drawing by ID Kent

TV console

TV0102_zps9667aac4.jpg

Propose study room area with a bar counter

BA01_zpsa20d5334.jpg

Interior of study

BO0101_zps0156b3ca.jpg

Kitchen Before redraw.. (This is rejected pic but I havn't got hold of the new one)

KITCHAN01_zpsc049f5ed.jpg

Full height shoe rack

SH01_zps5f8390a5.jpg

Now that the hacking of walls started .. below is some pictures of the house undergoing a change

Kitchen base

IMG_1035_zps2f994316.jpg

Studyroom hollow blocks wall (Completed in just 3hrs :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop:)

IMG_1034_zpsfd9dfdb0.jpg

Currently the house undergoing wiring works by my own electrician.

will blog more (more pictures) when they slowly create my new home.

Nice going, nick34....! A close friend of mine is staying in arcadia too... Cant wait for more pics!

Thanks sygnur I guess I forget to mention that the above is alittle backlogged... so will be posting up more pics SOON !!!

:sport-smiley-004: :sport-smiley-004: :sport-smiley-004:

All this for 20+ k, I think it's quite a good deal.

Hi smartgold, yes it's quite a good deal to many others but to me, it's a steal. After 3D design drawn up, my wife and I do requested for a few addons like having our aircon trunking box up and some minor alterations without topping up.

:yamseng: :yamseng: :yamseng:

After posting of pictures of 3D design, empty unit and also a few pictures after renovation started, I'm going to post what my wife and I have bought for our beloved new nest. Hope the posting of location n pricing (to my best knowledge) help others in selecting their wares.

1. Samsung Series 6 55" TV - $2999 at comex by Harvey Norman (Free additional 2 3D specs, 2 HDMI cables, Wireless keyboard, Bluray player and Skype cam)

2. Samsung Home Theatre system E4500 - less than $500 (Bought together with TV)

3. Midea System 4 aircon 18 9 9 9 - $3200 at IT show by Courts +$150 for thicker insulation (Free extended warrenty 5 yrs)(Bad experiances)

4. Electrolux hood and hob - Price forgotten but buy at Lion City

5. Built in bathtub - $400+- at the shop beside Lion City

6. 30L water storage heater by electricity - $500+- at the shop beside lion city

7. Double sink, toilet 7pcs set, some hooks, basin for both common n mbr, Taps - $1.6k by Nobel (was just taking a look but the salesgirl really did her job in convincing my wife and I into buying from her. Good service and explainations is clear.

8. James The Doorman - $54 from The Good Things @ Clementi Mall (My wife simply love this)(Buying from amazon can be cheaper)

9. Samsung Biometric Door lock - $349 from Gmarket but need pay another $200 to find installer. Still cheaper than buying in SG that cost $799

10. Samsung 570L Single door fridge - Yet to buy but saw at mustafa selling at the lowest @ $999

Pictures time

Bathtub

IMG_1025_zps9ac73791.jpg

Hood n Hob

IMG_1024_zps9e73561d.jpg

Kitchen sink tap

IMG_1023_zpsdf020f64.jpg

James The Doorman (Door stopper)

JamesTheDoorman_zps0dafa531.jpg

Common n mbr toilet taps

IMG_1022_zps0801d5b7.jpg

Common n mbr toilet basins