Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
carrotcakegirl

❥❥❥ Petite House For Petite Family❥❥❥

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

 got another question... Did u ask the BSC guys to remove the water saving thingy from ur taps? I still havent done mine coz my guy says water flow is ok... :cry: dunno should i or shouldnt i? U think? :dunno:

Edited by Sygnur

hi jazzysou1 - thank you thank you! hey i'm not dat "efficient" enuff la about all this reno work thingy.. still learning and read renotalk everyday mon-fri 9-6pm :sport-smiley-004:

care to intro? you from CC too? which floor? 571C too ah? thank you for reading my thread :sport-smiley-018: pity you, is there anyone else in your family members can assist you on the 1st week of reno?

wishing you a smooth sailing reno too ya :yamseng:

Haha.. Thanks Carrotcake..... u v steady la.. cut n paste ur console table n TV to your wall... hehe. 1st week reno only me, myself n my contractor! :help: But my hubby & I managed to confirm the colors of the walls & kitchen cabinets before he left for work trip this morning.. Tmr I go run through it with my contractor n c what he says. :notti:

and chose this checkered tiles for my kitchen entrance flooring border

2012-10-03125751_zps050f3a68.jpg

2012-10-03125800_zps9f37b4a3.jpg

thought of taking mosaic tiles for the (between dining & kitchen entrance flooring border), but ID said mosaic is hard to maintain the grout line haizz..

CSI-093_zpsc2ba3f23.jpg

CraftBrick - Austin, CSI-093 for our bricks wall yeay!

2012-10-13163736_zpsab5a6fe6.jpg

we bought 12 cartons of them direct from the factory at Ayer Hitam, Johor Bahru

Hafary quoted us for $95/carton but factory quoted us RM85/carton ($35 Singapore dollars!)

so total we paid RM1, 020.00 inclusive FREE DELIVERY to my dad's JB crib at Larkin :)

I spent only SGD500 for 12cartons craftbricks!!!

5th Oct 12 - Another Appointment With ID, Electrical Workers & Window Grilles

Took another leave on Friday, as our ID need to re-confirm the false ceiling layout, hacking walls, additional&relocation of SCV & power points, wardrobe size, kitchen cabinets size and etc

and we have confirmed with Alex from alexwindow.blogspot.com to do our service yard sliding window 3panels, whole house grilles and 2 bi-fold toilet doors.

sample photo of the bi-fold door we chosed:

bifolddoor-powderwhitecoated_zps9b39441a.jpg

white and simple!!! i loike!

not sure if this considered reasonable price or X !! but I have tried my best to bring down the price to $1, 800/- for all the above works.

• $600 for sliding window at svc yard (3 panels)
  • $700 whole house grilles (svc yard, living room, common bedroom & master besroom)
  • $500 for bi-fold doors (white powder coated with white acrylic)

Total: $1, 800.00

is this expensive??? :dunno:

Hi carrotcakegirl,

Do you mind to share how to order craftstone direct from factory? can have free delivery till JB? Also, how long does them took to deliver the goods once we place order. Thanks for your advise in advance.

Edited by ryanzz

Hi,

May i know where you bought your fridge from? Am looking at the Mitsubishi fridge too during the Gain City Expo Sale, but couldn't really decide to go for 2 doors or the 3 doors.

Thanks,

Rusdi

Bought it at $780( displayed price $799 ) including delivery.dunno good deal anot.. :dunno: :dunno: told them if deliver dec can anot. They say can n put the delivery date k.i.v( told them havent got keys.. :P )

So anytime i want them to deliver, they will. 

Hi Rusd, u asking me or carrotcakegirl?

If me, i bought the fridge from Mega superstore at united square branch. My hubby 'poisoned' me to try 3 door fridge. Mega superstore have other branches too. Another is at kallang leisure park.

:yamseng:

Hi,

May i know where you bought your fridge from? Am looking at the Mitsubishi fridge too during the Gain City Expo Sale, but couldn't really decide to go for 2 doors or the 3 doors.

Thanks,

Rusdi

Wahaha.... Very creative of u to do pic editing... :)

Will be taking the first tentative steps starting tomorrow.. Meeting id.. Hope it goes well. I am so uninspired... Look at pics also blur2... Haha...

More pics update! :yamseng:

Psst... Is ur 3D out?

hi sista! heee thank you thank you I have zero knowledge about photoshop so I just did a simple cut and paste editing :D

I only have my kitchen 3D cuz the rest is all my idea, my ID sian with me already hes going to resign this year end hahahaha! he also fed up cuz everything he designed for me all changed now :lol:

I will post some of my old 3D design before changes.

:yamseng:

Edited by carrotcakegirl

Wahaha.... The carrot cake sure looks yummy... Too bad AMK has no more banquet...

Why u wanna whack ur id and electrical man? Heeee.....

Yess!! the carrot cake at Clifford Centre Banquet here taste so guuuuud! now it become my everyday meal :sport-smiley-018:

Wanna whack them cuz there's is something that I'm not happy about.. Location of the PVC pipe for my TV wires.. don't u think it's too low? after I place my 47" tv?

Hi carrotcakegirl

Love your kitchen design. Just wondering is it better to source for your own electrician? And can you PM me your ID contacts?

Thanks!

Hi missfudge - it's all depends.. you can try to ask few quotation from different electrical contractors. Usually ID will recommend their own electrical contractor cuz it's easy for them to coordinate with and earn some $$$ from the electrical work.

you can source your own electrical contractor too, if you got a better offer.. as long your ID can kamching/coordinate with them is good enuff :good:

 got another question... Did u ask the BSC guys to remove the water saving thingy from ur taps? I still havent done mine coz my guy says water flow is ok... :cry: dunno should i or shouldnt i? U think? :dunno:

hi again hehehe :sport-smiley-018:

so far my water pressure is good not like the previous time when i first collect my keys, maybe after i done with my reno I will call BSC to remove all the filters. I think it's better to remove the current water saving thingy cuz I ever saw someone post the rusty water filter thingy supplied by HDB ewwww

if you really wanna have that water saving thingy better to replace with a new one.

Haha.. Thanks Carrotcake..... u v steady la.. cut n paste ur console table n TV to your wall... hehe. 1st week reno only me, myself n my contractor! :help: But my hubby & I managed to confirm the colors of the walls & kitchen cabinets before he left for work trip this morning.. Tmr I go run through it with my contractor n c what he says. :notti:

hehehe yeah nothing better to do to imagine how is my tv console will look like when I place it at my bricks wall.. hope it blends well :sport-smiley-018:

glad you have confirmed all the materials and colors for your new house, same here I just confirmed my laminate and my painting clr for my whole house.. tooo many clr to choose!!! :dribble:

Hi, can the LCD tv be mounted on the 'craftstone' wall, ie. drilling holes into the craftstone wall for the tv bracket?

hi wewuzrobbed, sorry for the late response.

hmmm seriously that's also one my concern.. mounting heavy item on the fake bricks wall.. kinda worried if the bricks will fall off from the wall :o I have checked with my electrical guy and my other contacts about this; they said its' ok just need to use a longer screw and drill the wall a bit deeper till the original wall.. hmm i'm not pro about mounting and drilling stuff...

well, we'll see the finish result.. anyway I still have a carton of bricks left for spare hehe just in case the bricks drop :P

Hi carrotcakegirl,

Do you mind to share how to order craftstone direct from factory? can have free delivery till JB? Also, how long does them took to deliver the goods once we place order. Thanks for your advise in advance.

Hi ryanzz's - you've got mail! :sport-smiley-018:

yes they only provide FREE delivery within JB area. or else you need to self collect from them.

humm.. I place the order on 26th Sep 12, wednesday and they deliver the 12 cartons of bricks on 29th Sep 12, Saturday :) 3 days ONLY! :sport-smiley-004: