Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
gkbt

Fridge Recommendation

Have a Panasonic in my parent's home.

The inverter is actually not switched on. My mum says in our weather, the inverter causes the food to spoil faster so she stopped using it.

Just food for thought.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Just to share, i bought a Samsung bottom-freezer, model RL4013UBASL

Reasons:

1. Nice sleek, stylish design, looks like Fisher&Paykel

2. The capacity is just nice for a small family, about 400l

3. Inverter technology

4. Affordable price at slightly more than 1k

5. 10 year warranty on compressor

6. 4 ticks

More info at: http://www.samsung.com/sg/consumer/home-appliances/refrigerator/bottom-freezer/RL4013UBASL/SS

How's the samsung bottom freezer fridge after using it for 1 year?

I have been using a Panasonic inverter fridge (450L) for a year. So far so good. I bought it because of hugh discount offered to Panasonic family, so didn't look at other brands and bought the Panasonic even though the fridge design and color don't look too nice with my kitchen. I love the bottom-freezer feature, now I don't bend down as often compared to my previous fridge. It makes more sense to have the freezer at the bottom because frozen food (such as chicken wings) are usually heavy, with the freezer at the bottom, it is easier to pack the frozen food too.

Initially the 450L capacity seem more than sufficient for my family of 3. But subsequently I wished I had got a even bigger one because I found a seafood distributor which can deliver to home quality fishes & seafoods at below market price, minimum $200 purchase for foc delivery. Hence now I purchase seafood in bulk, and wished that I had bought a bigger capacity fridge to store my bulk order.

Edited by gemini

I purchase a fridge from audio house few months back and im forfeiting my flat. Anyone interested?

Brand new! Hitachi R-S700P2MS Side by Side Fridge ($1999) + Hitachi RZ-VM18Y Rice Cooker (Worth $219) + Direct delivery from Audio House (delivery can hold until April/May).

Letting go at $1650.

My contact no 83689820

Description:
Net Capacity 605Litres
4 NEA Ticks
Inverter Control : Inverter Compressor
Dual-Fan Cooling
Eco-Thermo Sensor
Touch Screen Control Panel
LED Light
Nano Titanium
Tempered Glass
Glass Black / Silver
920(W) x 1,775(H) x 765(D),mm (With Handle)
920(W) x 1,775(H) x 720(D),mm (Without Handle)

Just wanna share my shooping experience.

My friend recommended me to do my purchases at Mega Discount Store located at Kallang Leisure Park. Upon reaching said location, I started my shopping spree.

Cheapest price compare to elsewhere for following brands and items:

1) Mitsubishi fridges (best warranty compares to any other brands) & fans

2) Samsung washers

3) LG washers and dryers

I got my purchases of above brands here and leave a happy man with FOC DELIVERY! !!

I would recommend Mitsubishi Folio series if budget allow. My first fridge was Samsung, two doors side by side with ice and water dispenser, cannot last more than years. After that, due to budget constraint, we bought a Toshiba 5 doors, with two separate freezer compartment at the bottom, one freezer compartment reserve for breast milk at least don't need to mix with frozen meat, almost similar to Mitsubishi baby folio. So far this Toshiba is still working well, after shifting house with us 2 times. And in another few months time, we gonna shift again.

An update from my post above. It's coming to 2 years and my Panasonic bottom freezer fridge is still in good condition.

Edited by gemini