Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
mkicecream

Our Comfy Shelter

Have been an avid reader of Renotalk and finally the day comes where I am the writer. Apologies in advance of my poor writing skills. And thank you in advance in any assistance, guides or advices provided by you. :yamseng:

I had applied for BTO (but decided to forgo as completion is 2015 which is very long for me, applied for sales of balance flats in 2011 and 2012 (but never my turn to bid).

My ex-colleague's husband is an experienced property agent and we decided to get his service to finding a resale flat.

In mid-2012, I had my ROM first and 3 weeks after, I found a place which I fell in love with! Weird though- my original plan was to get a 4-room flat (corner is a must cause more privacy), but I ended up buying a corridor unit. It's fate I guess.

Of the 10plus units which I have viewed, many have been asking for COV $35000 at least. The condition of the house was not fantastic and I didn't have much cash to spare. This unit which I have bought is 6min walk to the MRT station, near to amenities, near my parents (luckily, as I needed the CPF grant), and valuation was already $425k for a 104sqm unit, built since 1988.

First day of offer after the seller released the house of viewing, she had already rejected COV $20-25k. I told my agent to update us and our limit was $30k. Deal was sealed at $29k the next day :deal: . Happy and sad at the same time. Happy that hubby and I got the unit. Sad that our account is 29k lesser.

Though we sealed the deal in June, our first appt was in Sep. zzzzz :dunno:

Will be getting my house keys in mid Nov! :D

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Being wordy, I shall start to give more information of my new home.

4A corridor resale flat in north side of Singapore, 104sqm.

906e554f95f5e9d725d57eba42d7d8dd_zps415d79d0.jpg

Note: seller's storeroom and wall in between MBR and CBR have been demolished.

Our plan

1. Restore the wall in between MBR and CBR

2, hack all the tiles (bedrooms, living room, kitchen and bathrooms)

All in all, it's going to be a major renovation. :bangwall:

Can see that my bank account will be in single digit.

Bank Loan

Applied Standard Chartered bank loan.

Renovation Loan

I'm still finding - any reco?

Renovator

My family is in construction line so I'll be engaging my cousin to help. Not sure of workmanship and delivery but main thing now is to save my money and have someone reliable to do my first home. I guess eventually I will pay more for better quality products to last me long enough as I stay in my first home,

Do you have a floor plan similar to min? Do let me know. I need ideas...... :drunk:

Main Concept

Hubby and I love wood type furnitures/concept.

Every woman's dream (ok, at least me) is to have a fully equipped kitchen, even if you don't know how to cook,

Living room

Saw the following items - listed as the to-buy list

f726bb0adb0fcc956a64f2de5d4d0fb0_zps5481e12f.jpg

Hubby really likes the tv console and coffee table from Journey East. I like the console from Journey East and coffee table from Mountain Teak.

Kitchen

Took this pic from various web/blog/posts (hope you don't mind)! I love these designs designs and as I will not be engaging any interior designers, I will be showing the contractors and ask me to "design" for me.

0a2d182601d10a6c131c7f3a16a4d87f_zps109d12ed.jpg

Dining table

The only furniture we bought after buying the house. Money fly away again... :bangwall:

But I really love the display set. Saw this at the furniture fair in expo in June. Hubby fell in love with the structure, feel and material. We went to many places to find similar dining table previously but most places were selling (wood-only) dining set for more then $5-10k.

We asked for 2 benches and 2 chairs (but I really disliked the chairs). Size of the table is about 1m x 1.5m and it is REALLY heavy. Hope they will fit into the lift, otherwise I see a problem carrying the table to my level.

I think I bought my table at this colour... Hmmmm. :dunno: can't remember. Hehe

8958866c1d6653bdb9f1a2dfad5ddb27_zps0eaf5ea4.jpg

Laundry

I'll ask my dad to do a stainless steel hanger so that it will last long, push and pull out easily. Scare to use the bamboo stick to dry the clothes.

01f4ef61866ce57038f663c0a099bf39_zpscdb6769b.jpg

Edited by mkicecream

I'm finally getting my keys next week. Currently am looking for a good date to 入宅 and 装修.

My contractor came back with a quotation which I feel that it is too vague and some points are missing.

Any kind soul to check the list/quote for me please? :dribble:

How much is hacking of wall and floor tiles?

What is the price or homogenous?

Quotation is below. I know the kitchen carpentry and MBR wardrobe is not stated inside.

Points were not very specific.

I will be asking my cousin on more information.

f7dbec1f7648a3fa7e9b3905be2ce424_zps7b4baa58.jpg

bc2f089f61f8d990a2d7139b85822fef_zps11fa2e91.jpg

Edited by mkicecream

I'm finally getting my keys next week. Currently am looking for a good date to 入宅 and 装修.

My contractor came back with a quotation which I feel that it is too vague and some points are missing.

Quotation is below. I know the kitchen carpentry and MBR wardrobe is not stated inside.

Bro,

Congrats on ur new home. Wish u a smooth reno journey ahead.

I didn't see every line of ur quote, but as per what u'd mentioned that certain points are not specific,

u CANNOT leave it to chance and everything have to be in black and white.

For eg, 2.1, u need to ask what is the price range of the tiles that u can select. Or else, u see the tiles

u like, then the company say "Sorry, this one is too ex and if u want, u need to top up"

Rule of thumb, anything that u need to ponder and ask to clarify, u better have them down in black n white.

hI do u mind pm me ur contractor ontacts as i m in midst of searching one myself n do u have the contact for the laudry hanger too ? thks

I may be changing contractor. Not sure his details cause he just came by last night to check on our requirements. Will let you know? :sport-smiley-018:

HiHi,

Don't mind asking? Is the existing house come with alot of built-in? I find that the hacking cost way too much already.

HiHi,

Don't mind asking? Is the existing house come with alot of built-in? I find that the hacking cost way too much already.

Hihi..

The house is rather empty. Just that hubby and I are thinking if changing the tiles and designs.

Wanted to post more pics but photobucket app is down. Will upload once app is fixed. :good:

hI do u mind pm me ur contractor ontacts as i m in midst of searching one myself n do u have the contact for the laudry hanger too ? thks

Hi- as for the clothes hanger, it is made stainless steel. Done by hong teck stainless steel works, Johnson Ng - 67521928. Not all windows are ok to this type of hanger so you can get him to check if you are interested.

your quote looks quote expensive. At this price, this better be a quote from a reputable ID firm and not from those 1-2 man show ID type.

are you doing a complete re-wiring of the whole house? $4500 seem expensive although its only any estimation. somemore no false ceiling/downlights..electricals can't be so ex.

Have neglected my Tblog.

Yes, you are right, the quotation was overpriced and quoted.

I've gotten the contractor to visit my place and requote. Engaging contractor, carpentry, electrician and air-con personnel separately (and its a chore!) It's been more than 20days since the renovation started.

The 2months ago photos

8236d22117a0210a8af3d878e61d79b7_zpsc05150b9.jpg

Things done:

1. hacking of floors and walls (create door and demolish kitchen/dining wall for bigger space)

2. overlaying of toilet wall tiles and kitchen wall tiles.

3. Change of piping

4. living room floortiles, kitchen floortiles laid

5. Kitchen base

80% of my brickwall done.

Everything slowed down aft first 10days passed.

Am currently waiting for contractors to:

1. lay the bedroom parquet

2. install shower screen (in MBR)

3. Install basins and heaters in the toilets

4. Build L-Box for my lights

5. Painting.

Pending the carpenters to:

1. Do up the kitchen cabinets and "built-in" storeroom

2. Wardrobe to separate my MBR and CBR (previous owner hack the wall to create a bigger space)

3. Change the cabinet door in my 2nd CBR

Electrician to do his magic after L-Box installed.

Hope everything will be smooth in 2013. Happy New Year! :yamseng:

Items bought for the house on first day of 2013

Of course in 2012, I've made some purchases. But I'm more excited to show these 2 Diamond Clocks - everlasting classic timepiece.

2F0C2FD8-02A6-4D61-9E5E-D6BA261FBF93-3352-00000353017EF8BD_zpsae5a02e6.jpg

862266BD-ADD7-44CF-8490-29B5BB663395-3352-00000353005E67FE_zpsbf4d2d61.jpg

I have posted some of my favourite vintage shops links in Wordpress. Too lazy to retype everything so you may refer to the link in case you are interested.

Edited by mkicecream