Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
v1hypersg

Cove Light

hi,

can anyone advise the following about cove light,

contractor recommend to do cove light for living room, dining area and 3 bedrooms as well,

if i want to install ceiling fan, should i separate an area with no cover just straight board to prevent flickering or it will not have flickering ?

also how many tubes for each cove ? how to to know how bright it will be ?

also in bed room, assuming if there are to be 4 tubes, how to make the switches ? 1 switch for cove above bed and another switch for turn on other 3 or 1 switch for 2 and another switch for 2 tubes

also for living room, how to assign the switch to how many sides ? any way to change once fixed or can change easily, which switch to turn on which lights ?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

hi,

can anyone advise the following about cove light,

contractor recommend to do cove light for living room, dining area and 3 bedrooms as well,

if i want to install ceiling fan, should i separate an area with no cover just straight board to prevent flickering or it will not have flickering ?

also how many tubes for each cove ? how to to know how bright it will be ?

also in bed room, assuming if there are to be 4 tubes, how to make the switches ? 1 switch for cove above bed and another switch for turn on other 3 or 1 switch for 2 and another switch for 2 tubes

also for living room, how to assign the switch to how many sides ? any way to change once fixed or can change easily, which switch to turn on which lights ?

Think twice before using cove light. Collect a lot of dust. Then when you decide the area want to brighten or have stronger light,also no use.

Cove light diffuses onto the ceiling and bounces across the room. As long as the perimeter of your L-box is larger than the blade-span of your ceiling fan(which is usually the case), you do not need to worry about flickering effect due to the fact that cove light is an indirect light source.

it is not advisable to separate the tubes into different switches. All tubes need to be switched on to offer coherent cove lighting effect.

If cleaning once a year is fine with you, cove light provides excellent lighting from both practical and aesthetic aspect.

You can choose either T5 warm white tube or LED for cove light.

Cove light diffuses onto the ceiling and bounces across the room. As long as the perimeter of your L-box is larger than the blade-span of your ceiling fan(which is usually the case), you do not need to worry about flickering effect due to the fact that cove light is an indirect light source.

it is not advisable to separate the tubes into different switches. All tubes need to be switched on to offer coherent cove lighting effect.

If cleaning once a year is fine with you, cove light provides excellent lighting from both practical and aesthetic aspect.

You can choose either T5 warm white tube or LED for cove light.

Hi all,

I like the effect of cove light but is always hesitating for I know it will be a paradise for all insects and lizards. Owners who have installed cove lights at home, pls share on the maintainence. Thanks.