Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Lunareverie

Strictly Scandinavian Home

As i decorate the place and look at the place more.. I'm having more doubts about the dining table...I'm afraid that the dining table will kill the look. Do think we should move her or choose from the following?

My current dining table. I worry that the profile of the legs can cause disturb to the overall look. As i review, i realise that the furniture i had is all straight lines, no curves... What do you all think? Will she soften the look and make my house less boring? We'll be using only 2 windsor chairs and 4 fake eames chair...

E8136544-64E2-43B0-9F3C-50EBE7355016-131-00000010F845E9AD.jpg

I wanted to migrate her over after looking at this photo, but i realise that the sofa they had is full cushion, not like mine, all wood..

4A22FD4F-DDD7-4901-A1B4-629F93D71D89-131-0000001118C93C66.jpg

I still love her, but worried that she will not bring harmony to the look...argh...

Anyway here are some choices over the weekend (limited to furniture shop in jurong :furious: )

Choice 1# Scanteak

23030_LOIS_DINING_TABLE_150CM_-_424-1.jpg

Hubby says it looks so bulk, a block of wood. I feel disturbing too as the tv console which is of close proximity to the dining table is also one long long stretch (3.4m) of teak wood. I dunno if this table will create a very very very woody feeling in the entire house..

Choice 2# Picket & Rail glass table.

table.jpg

The thing we do not feel comfortable with is the glass top, looks fragile and not solid... This table is too big, we cannot accomodate it into our dining area, we can only take a 1.5m table...this is 1.8m I dunno if this is a cheong design? Will the glass look be outdated easily?

Choice 3# Picket & Rail Harper table

harper.jpg

The chairs on the left picture please ignore, i'm not going to use those. This table is more stable,the glass top is laser glued and drilled to the legs. But the top profile is not very nice, the transparent top shows the support structure of the lags, i feel not very nice.. but it is 1.5m can fit.

What do you all think? anyone of the choices make the mark? or should i keep my old table... :help:

Edited by Lunareverie

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

As i decorate the place and look at the place more.. I'm having more doubts about the dining table...I'm afraid that the dining table will kill the look. Do think we should move her or choose from the following?

My current dining table. I worry that the profile of the legs can cause disturb to the overall look. As i review, i realise that the furniture i had is all straight lines, no curves... What do you all think? Will she soften the look and make my house less boring? We'll be using only 2 windsor chairs and 4 fake eames chair...

E8136544-64E2-43B0-9F3C-50EBE7355016-131-00000010F845E9AD.jpg

I wanted to migrate her over after looking at this photo, but i realise that the sofa they had is full cushion, not like mine, all wood..

4A22FD4F-DDD7-4901-A1B4-629F93D71D89-131-0000001118C93C66.jpg

I still love her, but worried that she will not bring harmony to the look...argh...

Anyway here are some choices over the weekend (limited to furniture shop in jurong :furious: )

Choice 1# Scanteak

23030_LOIS_DINING_TABLE_150CM_-_424-1.jpg

Hubby says it looks so bulk, a block of wood. I feel disturbing too as the tv console which is of close proximity to the dining table is also one long long stretch (3.4m) of teak wood. I dunno if this table will create a very very very woody feeling in the entire house..

Choice 2# Picket & Rail glass table.

table.jpg

The thing we do not feel comfortable with is the glass top, looks fragile and not solid... This table is too big, we cannot accomodate it into our dining area, we can only take a 1.5m table...this is 1.8m I dunno if this is a cheong design? Will the glass look be outdated easily?

Choice 3# Picket & Rail Harper table

harper.jpg

The chairs on the left picture please ignore, i'm not going to use those. This table is more stable,the glass top is laser glued and drilled to the legs. But the top profile is not very nice, the transparent top shows the support structure of the lags, i feel not very nice.. but it is 1.5m can fit.

What do you all think? anyone of the choices make the mark? or should i keep my old table... :help:

Can share the prices of your highlighted choices?

Can share the prices of your highlighted choices?

Choice 1# scanteak lois table 1.5m is @$851.20 include gst, delivery etc

Choice 2# picket & rail Travis glass table 1.8m is @$1999

Choice 3# picket & rail harper table 1.5m is @ $1599

All prices does not include chairs.

I just called grafunkt, they have nice tables with glass tops and 1.5m, price starts from $2.2k n above.

Does anybody own a glass top before? Can comment on the safety? E.g if the glass top can topple when pressed on corner or the waist or hand can get knocked at the corners becos transparent, cannot see? :help:

I just called grafunkt, they have nice tables with glass tops and 1.5m, price starts from $2.2k n above.

Does anybody own a glass top before? Can comment on the safety? E.g if the glass top can topple when pressed on corner or the waist or hand can get knocked at the corners becos transparent, cannot see? :help:

Luna,

Please let me know if you are thinking of getting rid of that white tile top table. :)

alchia@gmail.com

Cheers,

Alvin

Thanks for the info... :sport-smiley-018: :sport-smiley-018: :sport-smiley-018:

I think by getting one with its wooden frame that stretches further more to the end of the glasstop edge, can reduce the chances of toppling the glass piece... Occasionally it shifts when someone lean onto its edges.

Updates on the kitchen.

We made an extension from the existing counter top, it's orginaly for the washing machine. We moved the machine into the yard toilet. (yard toilet bowl is removed)

C7EFB9F1-93F0-4A45-8950-92EFDDE44730-499-0000011012359FD8.jpg

The close up view. It looks like a match.

CDEA9439-F083-41D7-8F8B-230D0B1E500F-499-000001101BF83B81.jpg

The view of rubbish chute cabinet and extension table. I like more storage!

8C7CF59A-BACD-42C2-942E-B64CF97CDD2B-499-000001100D8444BD.jpg

Edited by Lunareverie

The laundry solutions... This ensures that there will be no laundry at the balony, part of the house rules.

CE3E1E96-FE07-4941-947C-D0C6871866EA-499-000001103027F446.jpg

Another drying area outside window

24E01725-77E8-4651-A571-13BCC0F29406-499-000001105DD219FB.jpg

Another one at the yard toilet to hang towels.

B407E13C-5617-457C-9A20-2D52292A63C5-499-0000011069E4864C.jpg

Edited by Lunareverie

are you 'awayofmind'? i think i seen your blog before :)

No...this is my first time posting. U mean there's someone similar to me? Hmmm I must check...

i think both of you just moved to the same apartment thats all! i just thought the kitchen cabinets, angle of the photo look really similar but on closer look you painted your frames black and got a different dining lamp. got confused for a moment lol. your home is really beautiful!

you mean this is not your blog? http://awayofmind.blogspot.com/2012/09/counting-down.html the kitchen looks really similar to yours though :unsure:

Thanks kaylinpickles for your compliments :sport-smiley-018: This is my neighbour! From the pic, I think we r at the same block and same floor plan :dancingqueen:

Thanks for the link too, the recipes are very good and informative :dribble: Nice cakes!!!

Hello, I like your carpentry! do you mind sharing your quotation breakdown? I'm in the midst of comparing prices now. Thanks much!

Hi all,

Sorry for the late reply. I'm sorry I can't release the full breakdown of the quotation as hubby does not seem to like the idea. But if you are interested, please do give Jiawei a call @ 98159078

He'll be glad to assist you. :sport-smiley-018: