Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Lunareverie

Strictly Scandinavian Home

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Covering it up might be in line with the scandi look. LInes will be clean and one more benefit, you wouldn't get so much dust settling on the fridge and with the "oil" that comes from cooking, the dust might be rather sticky and tough to remove after a while. I would suggest geting your contractor to build it a shelf to flush it against the rest of the shelves.

Covering it up might be in line with the scandi look. LInes will be clean and one more benefit, you wouldn't get so much dust settling on the fridge and with the "oil" that comes from cooking, the dust might be rather sticky and tough to remove after a while. I would suggest geting your contractor to build it a shelf to flush it against the rest of the shelves.

I agree that the void looks strange because it's right next to the tall unit. But from what I understand, the scandi-look is a lot about accessorizing with loose items rather than too many built-ins because those give a very "heavy" feel. Perhaps an open shelving above the fridge may help the place look less cluttered?

Edited by summersann

Oh, please don't get me wrong. I just have a slightly different take on scandi design with practicality in mind. Bearing in mind clean lines will be rather in line with the scandi look as well. I reckon a cabinet that's flushed i.e. no doors or having just hidden doors, will give it a very clean look while preserving practicality in the kitchen. That wouldn't be very far from retaining the scandi concept as well???

Cheers

Edited by BlackCookie

Like the look of ur place.

Do you mind sharing the contact of ur ID.

And if possible the breakdown/details of ur reno.

And imho i feel that you should go with either open shelving or decor as the cabinet on the side of the fridge is already built up.

I am not sure but it seem to me if u built a closed shelving, would the lower line of the close shelf door be in line with the one on the left?

If not then everything would seem out of sync.

But then open shelving would be a pain to clean since its so high up...haha :sport-smiley-018:

Just my 1 cent thoughts :yamseng:

Hi blackcookie! Thanks for your input! I totally agree with the use with oil part and it'll b hard to clean in the long run.

But jiawei can't let it go flush as the top go the fridge is at the near edge of the existing fridge. Thus we had to build 6 inch upwards, this move was to also accommodate future taller fridge (hubby insist tt)

I agree that the void looks strange because it's right next to the tall unit. But from what I understand, the scandi-look is a lot about accessorizing with loose items rather than too many built-ins because those give a very "heavy" feel. Perhaps an open shelving above the fridge may help the place look less cluttered?

This was the comment given by jiawei, he told me tt it'll create a heavy look, n suggest open shelves to put fake plants there... But is only aesthetic with no actual function...

Like the look of ur place.

Do you mind sharing the contact of ur ID.

And if possible the breakdown/details of ur reno.

And imho i feel that you should go with either open shelving or decor as the cabinet on the side of the fridge is already built up.

I am not sure but it seem to me if u built a closed shelving, would the lower line of the close shelf door be in line with the one on the left?

If not then everything would seem out of sync.

But then open shelving would be a pain to clean since its so high up...haha :sport-smiley-018:

Just my 1 cent thoughts :yamseng:

I'll pm u on the contacts. U have a point too, it's a dilemma or me... Leaving the void looks weird, unless I put something there...but I got no cat :-(

Putting open shelves wil look nice but tedious to clean

Putting close shelves, the lines do not sit flush as hubby insist on 6 inch allowance for future taller fridge....

Hard to decide...

Thks...haha :rolleyes: just realize that half the info i requested is on ur sig

BTW how about a wine rack then?

pmb3_a01_ud1ym.jpg

or something like this

1kct_536_ud1ym.jpg

but den the wine cannot be kept for long cos of the heat

solution: bottom ups :drunk:

Luna! Are you still keeping your tile table?? :)

Hi, we are still deciding on the tile table because hubby is overseas and we have not looked at any other dining tables except for the ones i listed (located at Jurong ones)

I'm waiting for hubby to go Grafunkt and Air to see if there are any practical and nice pieces... Will update u all on the table :yamseng:

Jiawei suggested open shelves. But i have open shelves phobia because I currently have no ideas how to decorate the part. Thus I tot of making it into close shelves to convert it to further storage....

Putting open shelves wil look nice but tedious to clean

Putting close shelves, the lines do not sit flush as hubby insist on 6 inch allowance for future taller fridge....

Hard to decide...

I'll go for function over form. The not flush shelf may bother you for a couple of months, but the high maintenance open shelves will always be a pain to clean. Just my 2 cents.

I'll go for function over form. The not flush shelf may bother you for a couple of months, but the high maintenance open shelves will always be a pain to clean. Just my 2 cents.

i second closed shelves..open shelves so high up will be a nightmare to clean.. :unsure:

Hi Luna,

can I have contact of your contractor too? such as company name and number.

mamit7@hotmail.com

Thanks,

PS: your home looks great.

i second closed shelves..open shelves so high up will be a nightmare to clean.. :unsure:

how about cabinets with glass doors? Technically it's closed but can see through and so there's illusion of being "open". Haha