Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
FatFatFamily

A Single Mother's Dream Home

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi, FFF

Long time did not visit renotalk for couple of years and now I want to get some new ideas for reno EM. Because your house floor plan is same as my house, so I wish to see you completed nice home after renovation. My house was purchased in early year 2007, and my balcony did not do any renovation because I think i can plant some flower and green plant, but now still empty.

I will follow you update and get some good ideas.

Thanks you

Hi jackbatok! Welcome back to renotalk.. :)

Apologies for the late reply as I've been quite busy with work recently..

Oh, yours also a corner unit? :D

Ur toilet tiles looks nice. What r those small square tiles? Are they meant to create 3D effect?

Hey potatoes.. :)

Which toilet are you referring to?

They are mosiacs, and are used only at a very small area of the toilet.. My ID suggested these beautiful mosiacs..Haha. The feel of the mosiacs varies too - some matt, some glossy.. So not so boring.. :D

Hi jackbatok! Welcome back to renotalk.. :)

Apologies for the late reply as I've been quite busy with work recently..

Oh, yours also a corner unit? :D

Opps, My flat not corner unit, it is corridor unit next to corner unit.

My contractor's workmanship did not do much good so now my MBR floor start to leaking water drop into lower floor. So I must try to repair it.

Must ask you ID to make sure the waterproof do the prefectly to avoid future trouble.

One of BLOG 'Our Sweet Little Sunset Way Em' may help you some ideas, that owner did good renovations as well as considered kids security at home.

Hey, if you want hassle free, no dust anywhere... suggest you get everything all built in and with doors.

No top part of cabinet/cupboard to clean. No exposed/open shelves to dust.

I will echo jackbatok's comments about waterproofing. Water is a scary thing. If waterproofing is not done properly, water will find a way out somewhere and once it starts to leak from somewhere, it is extremely difficult to remedy.

Once your ID has done waterproofing, insist on a 24 hour ponding test, where he floods the floor of the bathroom with say 4-6 inches of water and then leave it till next day. If there is any leak, it will show.

Edited by Kalidor

My grandmother was very ill, had just passed away and just finished settled everything for her.

I really miss her a lot :~ , but I know she has went back to the Lord's side.

Will be updating my new house updates pretty soon..

U intend to have a water feature? Where do u intend to place it? Look forward to see ur pics :)

Yes... Its at the recess area... To create an outdoor ambience..