Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  

Hi,

Merry Christmas to you too!!

Yes, most likely going for white matte tiles.

yes again...gaps appearing between the individual wooden strips...i understand that parquet is organic which is the reason why I'm looking at laminate wood flooring...trying to reduce the possibility of cracks.

Will keep in mind clean lines for every room....actually the living/ dining room will be very bare...except for a tv shelf, a sofa and dining table/ chairs.

Oh, using LED down lights? will google that and see what it is... :P

I'm looking at cove/ mood lighting for the rooms....is that the same thing?

Hi there,

Yep, white matte tiles sounds good.

One other way to minimize the number of gaps among parquet strips is to go for wider planks.

While minimalism emphasises a clean look, it doesn't have to be bare - don't be afraid to add accessories like artwork. Perhaps a large photograph print on your wall would be a nice way to complete the look. Oh and another suggestion, perhaps you should mount your TV on the wall - it looks sleeker that way.

Looking forward to see your place done up!

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi there,

Yep, white matte tiles sounds good.

One other way to minimize the number of gaps among parquet strips is to go for wider planks.

While minimalism emphasises a clean look, it doesn't have to be bare - don't be afraid to add accessories like artwork. Perhaps a large photograph print on your wall would be a nice way to complete the look. Oh and another suggestion, perhaps you should mount your TV on the wall - it looks sleeker that way.

Looking forward to see your place done up!

artwork on the wall?

does mona lisa considered an artwork?

I did have a few pieces of framed jigzaw puzzles (2000 pcs so it's big) - 1 mona lisa,1 knapolean and 1 animal of the world (in a 1 shade of brown)... in antique old frame but dont think it will go well with minimalist, wil it?

oh..would you have any minimalist bedrooms or study rooms samples for reference? :)

artwork on the wall?

does mona lisa considered an artwork?

I did have a few pieces of framed jigzaw puzzles (2000 pcs so it's big) - 1 mona lisa,1 knapolean and 1 animal of the world (in a 1 shade of brown)... in antique old frame but dont think it will go well with minimalist, wil it?

oh..would you have any minimalist bedrooms or study rooms samples for reference? :)

I may not agree with all the examples listed on this website, but here's a good start for your reference.

http://remodelista.com/gallery#style=minimalist

EDIT: I realized that the filters I've set do not show on the link I've given you; select "Minimalist" from the "All Styles" drop down menu.

Edited by gakuseisean

I may not agree with all the examples listed on this website, but here's a good start for your reference.

http://remodelista.com/gallery#style=minimalist

EDIT: I realized that the filters I've set do not show on the link I've given you; select "Minimalist" from the "All Styles" drop down menu.

thank you very much!!

like the few all white bedrooms! :)

i have 1 more query....does minimalist = white color?

if you mix it with shades of greys or different shades of whites, is it still considered as one?

thank you very much!!

like the few all white bedrooms! :)

i have 1 more query....does minimalist = white color?

if you mix it with shades of greys or different shades of whites, is it still considered as one?

Nope, minimalism does not equate to white spaces, it just so happens that white is one of the best ways of expressing the concept of simplicity and purity that is very fundamental to the minimal aesthetic. Likewise, neutral tones, like white, black and creams tend to be the preferred palate for the same reasons.

Colour, when injected sparsely and judiciously, can also serve to emphasize that sense of purity. Take the picture below as an example, where yellow, as an accent adds visual interest without detracting from the clean look.

big_gallery_640_yellow-accents.jpg

Just out of curiosity, are you hiring an interior designer to help you through this process, or just a contractor?

Nope, minimalism does not equate to white spaces, it just so happens that white is one of the best ways of expressing the concept of simplicity and purity that is very fundamental to the minimal aesthetic. Likewise, neutral tones, like white, black and creams tend to be the preferred palate for the same reasons.

Colour, when injected sparsely and judiciously, can also serve to emphasize that sense of purity. Take the picture below as an example, where yellow, as an accent adds visual interest without detracting from the clean look.

big_gallery_640_yellow-accents.jpg

Just out of curiosity, are you hiring an interior designer to help you through this process, or just a contractor?

ahh...i see...thanks for the info...asking becos thinking of using diff shades of whites and greys instead of all pure whites...afraid too bleach and one-dimension.

Should be hiring ID instead as I need inputs on the ceiling portion...although I know what I want generally for the whole house, i'm open to suggestions to make it better... :)

really thankful for your advices and samples. :)

hi gakuseisean,

just wondering..

for a wall mirror in dining room, would you have the mirror placed just above the dining table or have it lower so that the dining table is placed against it?

hi gakuseisean,

just wondering..

for a wall mirror in dining room, would you have the mirror placed just above the dining table or have it lower so that the dining table is placed against it?

Personally, I'd suggest that the mirror be floor to ceiling. But if that isn't an option, then have the mirror begin just slightly before the table top, such that the entire table surface can be reflected within it without seeing (so much of) the mirror edges, to give a feel that the space is larger than it actually is.