Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
stwb1981

Positive Ids, Renovation Companies To Recommend?

Chanced upon this forum...

Hope to seek some advice from fellow forumers here on any recommendation for IDs / Renovation Companies etc etc...

buying a resale flat (4S / 84sqm2) hence many work need to be done..

Also advisable to go those Reno Fairs held at Singapore Expo? don't wana be a 'robert' / carrot... haha

Thanks in advance for any / all advices & recommendations.

Cheers!!!!

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Chanced upon this forum...

Hope to seek some advice from fellow forumers here on any recommendation for IDs / Renovation Companies etc etc...

buying a resale flat (4S / 84sqm2) hence many work need to be done..

Also advisable to go those Reno Fairs held at Singapore Expo? don't wana be a 'robert' / carrot... haha

Thanks in advance for any / all advices & recommendations.

Cheers!!!!

Hi stwb1981,

have you found an ID yet?

Me too...worried about being 'chop carrot' by those IDs in reno fairs..do not like the feeling when you walked in EXPO...every one will be looking at you..like they all are saying..'come to me! come to me!' SLURP!

I have been reading up reno forum..from zero knowledge to 30% knowledge now..learning of their ID terms...

still having a headache...not sure who to look for... :bangwall:

i've just shifted into my apartment 3 weeks ago. i engaged white space living to do up my place. the design and workmanship is top-notch, and the project manager always responds to my calls (he even points out stuff/details that i don't notice or bother). to top it off, the apartment was handed over on time.

they won't be the cheapest ID firm around but definitely, will give you a peace of mind

I think it's ok to go to reno fairs and even go around to talk to as many ID firms as possible, as long as you don't sign.

PLEASE DO NOT TRUST RECOMMENDATIONS FROM ONLINE FORUMS, especially those who PM you. Do some research and understand as much as possible before committing. :yamseng:

A friend of mine sign up a package with the expo id. He said it's stressful as the package didnot cover many hidden items and he was slap with a fat fat bill at the end. I'm not sure which id firm but i am also thinking of doing a walk about in the expo to get some idea what their rate is like.

Erm why if u already heard what your fren said. You wouldn't get a good feel cos upfront surely is cheap to attract sign up then the sucker punch of hidden cost after paid.

i got a friend who went expo and signed with one of the ID. At expo the price they signed was 15k. then now became 38k though they added carpentry items after they have signed at expo.

wow...that's the scary part....

The last fair i went recently..i took their package details for reference only...i do not believe packages work.. either a lot of items are missing or some unwanted items which already factor inside the package...and of coz..no refund :o

wow...that's the scary part....

The last fair i went recently..i took their package details for reference only...i do not believe packages work.. either a lot of items are missing or some unwanted items which already factor inside the package...and of coz..no refund :o

rule of the thumb when visiting such expo shows....never sign anything on the spot no matter how tempted you are. Always take a step back, cool down, think before coming back again to commit. There are no such things as 1 time promotion...promotions are always there.

I got alot of friends only intend to go to gather info...end up kanna ambushed, sign contract, pay deposit....and get stuck.

id in expo charge higher.. because rental in expo is not cheap after all.. haha..

my hse is done by a id company which has his own in house carpentry services. thus, the carpentry is much cheaper compare to those that need to sub out.. haha..

anyway, if u need recommendation, pm me.. :)

Posted 25 September 2012 - 09:58 PM

Thank Chris Siew from Ideal Design Interior. I'm really very satisfied with his renovation work for my tpy new flat.

Competitive pricing with other ID. His responsibility and services

Although there some minor touch-up. He still manage to settle it quickly and handover on time before my furniture delivery in. Thank you so much Chris. All the best to you.

Recommend Renovation ID : Chris Siew (Ideal Design Interior)

As my sister new flat had also engaged him.

rule of the thumb when visiting such expo shows....never sign anything on the spot no matter how tempted you are. Always take a step back, cool down, think before coming back again to commit. There are no such things as 1 time promotion...promotions are always there.

I got alot of friends only intend to go to gather info...end up kanna ambushed, sign contract, pay deposit....and get stuck.

Wow so terror!! :jawdrop: however the important thing is the house done up nicely? Seriously i won't mind paying extra if the house is done up properly and upto 90% good will do just fine.

It is always to good to walk around EXPO to get some ideas on how much are the various packages are. No harm getting some brochures and really see what each of them can offer.

Read up Renotalk Forum and at least you know which are the more reliable or OK ID company (though there are alot of self advertisement).

Talk to about 5 which you think might suit you and shortlisted 3.

It's always good to do some homework and start early so that you have options.

When you have options, then you make rationale decisions.