Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
CRV48

Anyone Tried Mr. Wood Varnish?

With my headache with my current parquet floor, i manage to search and come across Mr. Wood Varnish Ads from the Web.

Feedback was, parquet could be restore with minimum dust and fast with their huge machine.

Im very concern about the dust generated and completing the work fast as i have 2 very younf children at home.

Anyone tried their service, any feeback?

Price?

minimum dust?

Fast with the restoration?

Thanks in advance for the advice...

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

I have PM you.

Just to share. That I have stayed in same house when it was polished and vanished. It was not a pleasant experience.

Though we slept in another room during renovation. I would not do it again. The smell was bad and I did not have a good night sleep.

My kids really dislike the smell of the vanish. And the smell takes time to disappear.

If possible, send the kids to your mum or MIL place to sleep. It is better for their health and well being.

all the best to your Reno. :yamseng:

thanks SUYUN,

was thinking of going off with the kids for a short 5 days holiday, thus leaving contractors to do up the house...

By the way, how many rooms did you revarnish, how long it takes to complete the job and lastly how long it takes for the smelll to go away?

Thanks for the PM?

thanks SUYUN,

was thinking of going off with the kids for a short 5 days holiday, thus leaving contractors to do up the house...

By the way, how many rooms did you revarnish, how long it takes to complete the job and lastly how long it takes for the smelll to go away?

Thanks for the PM?

it only takes 1 day to complete. Basically its a like a huge vacuum cleaner. It grind and suck the dust at the same time. after that, varnish it like its brand new parquet. U can walk inside the house the following day. It is that simple.

BUT.... the following is what the contractor DON'T tell u, esp those who are staying inside the house.

The smell is unbearable. It even irritates my eyes to tears... that i have to quickly run out of the house to breath and to "relax" my eye. its like cutting onions.

U can't open the window during the first day. Any dust that fly inside the house and makes the floor stuck with the dust as its still 'wet'.

So u can only ventilate the room the following day. But bcas u are overseas, no one will ventilate the room for u.

it only takes 1 day to complete. Basically its a like a huge vacuum cleaner. It grind and suck the dust at the same time. after that, varnish it like its brand new parquet. U can walk inside the house the following day. It is that simple.

BUT.... the following is what the contractor DON'T tell u, esp those who are staying inside the house.

The smell is unbearable. It even irritates my eyes to tears... that i have to quickly run out of the house to breath and to "relax" my eye. its like cutting onions.

U can't open the window during the first day. Any dust that fly inside the house and makes the floor stuck with the dust as its still 'wet'.

So u can only ventilate the room the following day. But bcas u are overseas, no one will ventilate the room for u.

Hi Thanks for the advice,

Do you mean they complete sanding/ revanish the whole unit for you within a day? or a room a day?

Yes i will be away for 5 days, but my mother who lives a short distance away can come over to help me ventilate the room for me. BTW hows the charges like???

I had two bedrooms done in one day . but I did not sleep there for next two days. Don't like the smell. :jawdrop:

Hope this helps.

I had two bedrooms done in one day . but I did not sleep there for next two days. Don't like the smell. :jawdrop:

Hope this helps.

Think i will contact Mr. Wood Varnish coming week.

Smell problem is okay with me since i will be away for 5 days. Will ask my mum to come over to open window for ventilation.

Dont know if mr wood varnish is closed or not.

Tried to call them since last friday and they are not picking up the phone.

Their other nos. lead to a fax machine.

Dont know if mr wood varnish is closed or not.

Tried to call them since last friday and they are not picking up the phone.

Their other nos. lead to a fax machine.

Tell your contractor to use water based solvent to varnish once sand down which costs more but with no odour. It is really good