Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Storm79

Curtain Rod Or Track

Hi pple,

I am planning to do a day and night curtain for the living room and MBR but I am in a dilema as to use the rod or tracks for the curtains.

Can anyone tell me the pro and cons of using rod or tracks? and also the price difference.

Wife wants to use rod as can buy ready made ones in future which is cheaper but I see many RT members using tracks.

TIA.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi,

My current house is using tracks and its very troublesome when comes to removing to wash and put back. For my future house, I would go for rod, much easier to clean and remove too.

yamseng.gif

Hi pple,

I am planning to do a day and night curtain for the living room and MBR but I am in a dilema as to use the rod or tracks for the curtains.

Can anyone tell me the pro and cons of using rod or tracks? and also the price difference.

Wife wants to use rod as can buy ready made ones in future which is cheaper but I see many RT members using tracks.

TIA.

I went to Ikea's curtain custom services and was told that by looking at the photos of my living room and MBR, I am unable to install rods as there is a beam above the window. :(

I can install the rods on the beam but that will leave a big gap between the windows and the curtain.

looks like I have to go for tracks.

Btw, for those interested, the Ikea's custom curtain have more ranges of farbric to chose. seems to me they are a sub-con.