Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
lancified

Our Cosy Hideout!

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

my best lobang today:

Hitachi cordless steam iron for just $19.90 with full local warranty!

20121120215537.th.jpg

Sofa arrived today

20121121123908.th.jpg

Hihi can PM me where you got the cordless steam iron?? Thank you

Hi Lancified, how's the kitchen sink serving you so far?

I'm planning to visit Aldeco to check out their sinks. Is your kitchen sink Alcor System SUS304? Did you buy your kitchen tap there as well? Thanks in advance! :)

My sink is going great! Absolutely no flex even when i pour boiling water on it.

Mine is SUS304 like what u mentioned. Remember to ask for your 20% discount at Aldeco. Kitchen tap i bought it online. That tap is great for my sink since it is movable, like a shower hose and it does not get jammed since the retraction is angled downwards, while most other retractable taps are angled in a U-shape which is IMO, plainly stupid. eventually, friction inside + gravity will overcome the slider and cause it to jam. Refer to the previous post for the online shopping site.

Edited by lancified

Hi lancified,

I m really interested in doing the DIY u did. Can u elaborate on how to do it? Did u stick the led strip to something before mounting it on something? Did u use a diffuser?

Also is it bright enough for doing make up if I use white light?

Thanks!

Hi Yeocando,

Power:

Convert the power point to 12V so that the LED can be powered up. You can use a direct power supply that accepts 230V and step down to 12V then connect directly to the LED, or use a adapter to step down.

For myself, I added a few more conveniences + safety features -

Power point --> 2 gang socket switch --> 12V adapter --> LED strip

This way, I do not waste the power point since I have another spare socket and more importantly, an additional layer of fuse/protection so that IF (choy) one day the LED strip trips/burns, the damage stops at the adapter, or at most the 2gang socket. It will not affect my house electricity.

Mounting:

The LED strips come with 3M tape so it is easy to stick them at the back of the gypsum board. I further supported the LEDs by using clear tape across at around 20cm intervals. I installed the 2 gang socket by inserting it into one of the many pins that is sticking out of the cove frame. be sure to leave clearance so that u can install the cove cover without hitting the LEDs.

Brightness:

For myself, i choose 3528, 300led. 3528 refer to the size of each individual LED, the bigger the number, the brighter since the led is bigger while 300led means that in the whole span of 5M, there are 600 leds. so the leds are nearer and therefore brighter/more even.

No, I did not use a diffuser, my leds are facing the wall, so that to create an ambience lighting, instead of a direct lighting effect. This is very similar to the L-box cove lighting that everyone uses for their living room.

The LEDs are definitely strong enough to let you do your makeup, but it depends on how u position them too. I do have like 30cm left over of 3528/300LED warm white colour. If you wanna come over to my place, u can have it for free so that u can go home and test out if u like it.

I'll post pictures tomorrow as I will be installing the same DIY for my MBR toilet, the previous for was the common toilet.

Enjoy!

Bravo!You are really resourceful in getting items at good rates without compromising on quality for your home! So you get all the kitchen sink/tap @ 1/3 price from online? Is the shipping exp? What is the address for EJ@AMK? How do you order for your korean blind? Is it similar to getting items from TaoBao?

Kitchen sink from Aldeco Living in malaysia, Tap from online. free shipping. EJ Address I'll PM u. Blinds from korea, u need to measure the length and height, then order directly. It is more simple than taobao, since you do not need to go through an agent.

20121201194241.jpg

bro can share which led model u used? 5050 or 3528? 600 led or 300 led? and which driver you bought also? Thanks in advance

Hi bro,

I used 300led 3528 warm white powered by a 2A adapter. If you want brighter u can try 5050, 600led if you are using it for direct lighting.

My sink is going great! Absolutely no flex even when i pour boiling water on it.

Mine is SUS304 like what u mentioned. Remember to ask for your 20% discount at Aldeco. Kitchen tap i bought it online. That tap is great for my sink since it is movable, like a shower hose and it does not get jammed since the retraction is angled downwards, while most other retractable taps are angled in a U-shape which is IMO, plainly stupid. eventually, friction inside + gravity will overcome the slider and cause it to jam. Refer to the previous post for the online shopping site.

Thanks lancified for your feedback! Am thinking of buying tap together with the sink, cos I'm not confident of choosing tap of a right dimension etc via online. Does Aldeco sell good range of kitchen taps?

Edited by bleucheeze

Thanks lancified for your feedback! Am thinking of buying tap together with the sink, cos I'm not confident of choosing tap of a right dimension etc via online. Does Aldeco sell good range of kitchen taps?

Yup the range is good! Many designs to choose from. We bought our bathroom taps from there and we were so amazed. My colleague tagged on me to buy a kitchen tap and he was shocked that the quality is so good, now he wants me to buy another one when i go malaysia again lol.

Yup the range is good! Many designs to choose from. We bought our bathroom taps from there and we were so amazed. My colleague tagged on me to buy a kitchen tap and he was shocked that the quality is so good, now he wants me to buy another one when i go malaysia again lol.

When did you buy from sink from them? Got 20% discount at that time? If the 20% discount only apply to current year end sale, then I cannot buy now... I wanna wait till late Feb/early March then buy cos getting keys only then.

After ur shopping at Aldeco in taman sentosa, u can walk over to have yummy bah kut teh!

Ya! Though my wife likes it but i prefer the "dry" bak kut teh further up.

When did you buy from sink from them? Got 20% discount at that time? If the 20% discount only apply to current year end sale, then I cannot buy now... I wanna wait till late Feb/early March then buy cos getting keys only then.

Hi, the discount runs until year end.

You can buy the sink first ma, sink don't expire. But u will need to decide what size sink you will need. Else even without that 20% discount, it's still cheaper than buying it locally or from US.