Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
lancified

Our Cosy Hideout!

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

lancified,

can check with u if you install rainshower in your bathroom ?

Nope, the water pressure is so weak even for normal shower. and I hate storage heaters, so definitely no rain shower for me

Hi Lancified,

Like to find out how much did you pay for the shipping cost for your kitchen sink faucet?

You stated you pay $70 for it but the lightinthebox website stated USD70 just for the faucet.

THanks

Hi Lancified,

Like to find out how much did you pay for the shipping cost for your kitchen sink faucet?

You stated you pay $70 for it but the lightinthebox website stated USD70 just for the faucet.

THanks

Hi, I paid SGD$70+ after shipping but I bought it around november 2011 when there was a 30% off.

Even at US$70, it is still very cheap when u compare to the prices in SG.

Hi Lancified,

Any comment on the workmanship of the carpentry so far? I have also shortlist your id in our list. Could you mind to share your quotation?

Erm, workmanship definitely not the best, but not shabby either. For me, whatever can be seen, must be good. Whatever cannot be seen or is hidden, does not have to be that good. I would grade their work as 7/10.

Some things which wasnt very good, they will rectify. But sometimes after rectify still not so good, so I will repair them myself as long as they give me the raw materials. They are really busy now so I rather I fix them then to wait for them to fix it.

I dont have a digital copy, but basically i paid 18k for reno works without elec works.

big ticket items include FH 5FT shoerack, living room 7FT TV console w/ top and bottom storage, kitchen masonry works, kitchen cabinets 22FT, granite top, kitchen corner storage system, False ceiling for Living room and walking corridor, L-box w/cove lighting at tv console area, MBR TV console, MBR 7FT 2dr wardrobe, 2 x suspended bedside table w/drawer, MBR toilet vanity counter w/ SS top, top and bottom storage, full wall mirror, glass shower screen and other standard items such as painting, plumbing works etc etc.

Good luck!

Hi Lancified, thanks for the knowledge u have been sharing as really learn a lot from it. Btw, I actually have planning to have the same design concept as urs for the living room. But what worie me is whether have enough space. The length of my main door to the window is abt 5345 based on my floor plan, can share urs?

Hi Yeocando, I used t5 originally but realised the lights are not even, certain spots brighter than the rest. Also it is harder to mount as they are heavier. Eventually I changed to 3528 led strip warm white colour with water proofing. Very even lighting, easy to mount cause its very light, use double sided tape can liao. Its cheap, $20+ for 5 meters and uses a fraction of the electricity used by T5 tubes.

Hi lancified,

Thanks for sharing the nice pictures of your fruits of labor. I like your kitchen very much!! =)

Can check ow do you choose the solid surface for your kitchen top?

Also appreciate if you can pm me the all your contacts and suppliers (for LED lighting as well)?

Including your contractor?

Edited by linglingdong

Erm, workmanship definitely not the best, but not shabby either. For me, whatever can be seen, must be good. Whatever cannot be seen or is hidden, does not have to be that good. I would grade their work as 7/10.

Some things which wasnt very good, they will rectify. But sometimes after rectify still not so good, so I will repair them myself as long as they give me the raw materials. They are really busy now so I rather I fix them then to wait for them to fix it.

I dont have a digital copy, but basically i paid 18k for reno works without elec works.

big ticket items include FH 5FT shoerack, living room 7FT TV console w/ top and bottom storage, kitchen masonry works, kitchen cabinets 22FT, granite top, kitchen corner storage system, False ceiling for Living room and walking corridor, L-box w/cove lighting at tv console area, MBR TV console, MBR 7FT 2dr wardrobe, 2 x suspended bedside table w/drawer, MBR toilet vanity counter w/ SS top, top and bottom storage, full wall mirror, glass shower screen and other standard items such as painting, plumbing works etc etc.

Good luck!

Can PM me your contractor contact? Thanks!

Hi Lancified,

Do you mind to share your price and contact for your aircon? having difficulties to comfirm my aircon search.

Hi, I am going to change my home system 2. can you pm some infor abt the contact for the aircon system.

thanks

Hi everyone,

While waiting for my wife to wake up and go collect our kitchen sink and all other toilet accessories, I thought that I should share a little on how I saved on my toilet accessories. This is no joke, my toilet accessories should have easily cost over $2k but i'm really glad that after studying and understanding how the industry work, I managed to cut all the unnecessary middle man and got them for cheap!

I have surveyed all shops in SG, from balestier stretch to jalan besar, to even those shops that my ID recommend, say got special discount... basically, it's all a major scam. I understand that in SG, rental is expensive, manpower is expensive, taxes are heavy. I also understand that businesses must earn to survive. But take a look at the prices of the things i bought:

Kitchen sink 45cm x 45cm x 20cm (this is thick metal, not those that will warp and change shape after u pour boiling water)

ksslsr4545ss1.th.jpg

The best price is saw after walking balestier = SGD$599. Price that I bought it for = $210.

Kitchen faucet/tap (stainless steel, with mixer and pull out)

kitchentap.th.jpg

Best price in SG saw at jalan besar = $190. I paid $70.

Basin and tap for wife's vainity counter (basin is 50cm x 36cm, tap is 31cm high stainless steel)

bafsb5036w1024x768.th.jpg

kstgb218300186x300.th.jpg

We only saw the price of the basin, and we were so disgusted we don't even looked for the tap. SG price $380

My price for basin+tap+pop up drain pipe (stainless steel also!) = $150

Not to mention heaters, mirror cabinet, bidet sprays, stainless steel glass shelving for toilets, kitchen counter rails. I spent less than $700 when I could have easily exceeded $2k. I bought all my stuff from different retailers and some from online.

The items are all made overseas, but sometimes u see different brands on them even though they look the same. This is called OEM. the factory produces the design, the retailer buys them in bulk and and stamps their "italian branding" on it. If you go to balestier, u see many shops advertising made in italy/germany and all the crap. All rubbish. Do they think we were born yesterday? It's like putting a BMW logo on a proton and advertised it as made in germany.

I'll gladly share all my contacts, please PM me if you guys need them.

Hi, Can you pm me the contacts? Thanks!