Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
HondaSteam

Myhumbleem@khatib.com.sg

Finally, it's my turn to share my renovation journey for my humble home, due to collect keys this coming weekend :bow:

Yesterday, my seller dropped me an SMS to forward SP Services' notification SMS to her before she could pass the keys to us this coming Sunday evening. With the assurance, I called up my contractor to apply for renovation permit to begin hacking on next Monday!

Renov Permit issued by HDB to start renovation on 5th Nov

RenovPermit.jpg

My EM Floor Plan

EMFloorPlan.jpg

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

This is the first item that we bought for my new home, a L-shape sofa from a blacklisted shop in IMM... price is **** cheap @ less than 1.4k and most importantly my wife loves it :dunno:

L-Sofa-1.jpg

Edited by HondaSteam

Oh I know which block.. Mayb I might have went for the viewing b4 is it at low floor? I current stay at the block next to that em hee

Thanks, always saw your active contributions to other EM T-blogs. Nice to have you around to guide us along. I came across your T-blog, and should share similar budget as yours, if my memory never fail me.

My living hall/dining area/utility comes with marble flooring, so I will be redoing my kitchen (including carpentry) & three bathrooms. Finally, decided to replace the three bedrooms with homo/porcelain instead of vinyl laminate, with practicality & maintenance-free in mind. And to avoid venting my anger on the children if they happen to drop something hard onto the floor, scratch or wet the floor. Not forgetting the balcony area where I am looking to redo the floor tile with skirting only. Also thinking of replacing the whole house with wooden skirting to make it look classy. Hope to achieve all these works within 40k budget...

Congrats Honda, u will soon b the official EM owner.... Nice to meet so many EM joining this forum :)

Thanks, always saw your active contributions to other EM T-blogs. Nice to have you around to guide us along. I came across your T-blog, and should share similar budget as yours, if my memory never fail me.

My living hall/dining area/utility comes with marble flooring, so I will be redoing my kitchen (including carpentry) & three bathrooms. Finally, decided to replace the three bedrooms with homo/porcelain instead of vinyl laminate, with practicality & maintenance-free in mind. And to avoid venting my anger on the children if they happen to drop something hard onto the floor, scratch or wet the floor. Not forgetting the balcony area where I am looking to redo the floor tile with skirting only. Also thinking of replacing the whole house with wooden skirting to make it look classy. Hope to achieve all these works within 40k budget...

When r u starting ur Reno? Have u got ID/ contractors to quote? U r lucky to ve able to keep ur marble flooring coz that is a big ticket I. Reno cost.

Does ur 40k include plastering, electrical rewiring, overhaul staircase?

When r u starting ur Reno? Have u got ID/ contractors to quote? U r lucky to ve able to keep ur marble flooring coz that is a big ticket I. Reno cost.

Does ur 40k include plastering, electrical rewiring, overhaul staircase?

No plastering nor staircase rework was quoted, electrical rewiring for whole house quoted at 4k++ was reduced to less than 1k dont intend to spend that kind of $$$. The quotation is already over 40k, hopefully it won't go over 50k with additional add-ons on impulse :help:

I tried to catch the owner while he was moving out, and took a number of pictures. Want to confirm the reno works that need to be done based-on the conditions of the house, there you go:

1) Corridor Area

CorridorView1.jpg

CorridorView2.jpg

TopWindows.jpg

MetalDoor.jpg