Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
bleucheeze

When Industrial Meets Mid Century Mod

Nice colors! Your suggestion of 2 orange tones sound good. I can't remember but do people laminate the doors only and the side and inside are of the usual white?

How about handles or no?

Mint green Kitchenaid would really be loud against the orange!

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Nice colors! Your suggestion of 2 orange tones sound good. I can't remember but do people laminate the doors only and the side and inside are of the usual white?

How about handles or no?

Mint green Kitchenaid would really be loud against the orange!

But not burnt orange... Will a loud orange like this be 不耐看 in the long run?

My bottom cabinet sides and frame are white tofu tiles. Only top cabinet, one full height shelf/cabinet and another full height cabinet require side laminate, for which I'd probably choose same colour as the door laminate.

Not sure about handles at this point of time... Will have to see the handle designs carpenter offers. Otherwise I may do without a handle also.

Edited by bleucheeze

At least orange will not turn yellow over time :D

Sounds like a nice contrast of tofu tiles against orange. And then full orange for the other cabinets. I think your kitchen will look amazing!

At least orange will not turn yellow over time :D

Sounds like a nice contrast of tofu tiles against orange. And then full orange for the other cabinets. I think your kitchen will look amazing!

Not to forget my white 3D subway tiles!

Alan will definitely :jawdrop: at my laminate selection. LOL!

Your choice of laminate colours is definitely bold. And I think together with your accessories (or future ones) and wall/floor tiles, your kitchen will be very unique! :sport-smiley-004:

Not sure what handles are available here, but I feel it'd be good to use one-of-a-kind handles with your cabinets. Otherwise, no handles imho.

Your choice of laminate colours is definitely bold. And I think together with your accessories (or future ones) and wall/floor tiles, your kitchen will be very unique! :sport-smiley-004:

Not sure what handles are available here, but I feel it'd be good to use one-of-a-kind handles with your cabinets. Otherwise, no handles imho.

Ya, most probably go without handles. I don't dare to buy any kitchen appliances for now as I would want to match with my future kitchen colours as much as possible! Luckily the eggplant colour Staub pot and WMF pan I bought some time ago can match... :sport-smiley-004: Didn't have that much colour coordination problems in day to day life, even in clothes matching :P

Very fulfilling day! :sport-smiley-003: Went Crestar and 3 laminate factories all in one morning! Then headed to Philips warehouse sales and Mayer one in the afternoon. Resisted buying Kitchenaid cos I still prefer mint green which is not available at the warehouse sale. My loots for today - 3 ceiling fans, 1 iron and 1 rice cooker! :dancingqueen:

We haven't met the carpenter yet but I thought it might be better to choose my preferred laminate first as some may affect my design of the cabinets. Took many laminate samples!

laminateassorted_zps92b19727.jpg

Now headache over my kitchen laminate selection... They don't have burnt orange so considering glossy orange. Should we go for two different orange tones - darker one on bottom cabinet and lighter one on top cabinet? Something like this:

IMG_1895_SS_zpsae74d57e.jpg

So happy to see you found the mayer sale in the end...so sorry, i hardly check the msgs (unless it is comments) on the fan page... :(

Coffee table will be something simple, probably a teak rectangle with pencil legs.

Not too sure about our TV console though. Should we go for something more industrial looking (wood+steel)....

CB2prime-media-console.jpg

Hi,

You managed to source the shop selling the above tv rack?

Thx

Hi,

You managed to source the shop selling the above tv rack?

Thx

Hi, i found this picture from CB2 website, not sure if they are selling this model in Singapore though. You can check out cb2 store at Peranakan place.

Edited by bleucheeze

Went JB to source for downlight with e27 holder, didn't know this is so hard to find! Went several shops, all in different areas, which is super tiring. Some shops do sell but they don't have the simple white frame with no glass design we want. End up buying them from the 2nd shop we went; picked a size which is 1 inch bigger than what I intended to buy.

Couldn't find tracklight with E27 holder in all the shops we went. Anyone who happens to have seen it in Singapore, appreciate if you can let me know!

Quite surprised there are interesting fans in JB. Some shops are selling Vento Fino fan "chiong", but branded under Alpha and Fanco. Prices of the copies are of course lower. If I haven't asked my electrician to seal up the fan point previously created, and if I haven't bought my table fan, I'd have bought the chiong version. :bleah:

Painting is starting tomorrow! Gonna go down to brief painters what colours to paint where, to avoid any mistakes. :dunno:

Edited by bleucheeze

Went JB to source for downlight with e27 holder, didn't know this is so hard to find! Went several shops, all in different areas, which is super tiring. Some shops do sell but they don't have the simple white frame with no glass design we want. End up buying them from the 2nd shop we went; picked a size which is 1 inch bigger than what I intended to buy.

Couldn't find tracklight with E27 holder in all the shops we went. Anyone who happens to have seen it in Singapore, appreciate if you can let me know!

Quite surprised there are interesting fans in JB. Some shops are selling Vento Fino fan "chiong", but branded under Alpha and Fanco. Prices of the copies are of course lower. If I haven't asked my electrician to seal up the fan point previously created, and if I haven't bought my table fan, I'd have bought the chiong version. :bleah:

Painting is starting tomorrow! Gonna go down to brief painters what colours to paint where, to avoid any mistakes. :dunno:

I bought my tracklights with E27 holder from a shop at geylang lorong 35/37 this Jan. have an extra one to let go below cost. interested? can send you a pic