Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
bleucheeze

When Industrial Meets Mid Century Mod

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Eh, who say what popcorn? U hungry ah? :P

aiyah.. in beejeebee's blog.. someone say dunno wat connect the NAS to popcorn then to TV.

but yes, i'm hungry too.

Organic power? TV powered by popcorn?

aiyah.. in beejeebee's blog.. someone say dunno wat connect the NAS to popcorn then to TV.

but yes, i'm hungry too.

Organic power? TV powered by popcorn?

aiyoh... i post in wrong blog la.

then my amended post did not appear here oso.

sorry all for the confusion.

i'm just wondering wat is popcorn. hahaha!

but yes, i'm hungry too.

hahaha. I think its a website to watch shows.

Someone told me that I haven't been updating my tblog so here are some pictorial updates. Well, there was slight delay here and there which adds up to my sian-ness, hence haven't been updating here :P

9D51A54A-B7B4-455C-A9FE-773B093BFC1F-28290-00001E285A032927_zps6b154e26.jpg

I am doing concrete base for my kitchen's bottom cabinets. Was kinda disappointed when I see the end product here. My island's storage space is so shallow! I would have requested for a bigger depth if my contractor warned me that using hollow block will reduce the effective storage space. By the time I discovered this, tiler has already done the concrete structure so we didn't do anything about this. It wasn't until after tiles within the island were laid, that it kinda hit on me hard. Will definitely request for a deeper island if I get to do renovation next time!

0427FD5F-E54A-46E7-8460-3262BEAE4B82-28290-00001E2873A6E79E_zps26f22894.jpg

I find the tiler's workmanship could have been better, for grout lines are not consistent. Some appeared much wider than others. The flaws are magnified especially cos I am using black grouting. Didn't request for re-tiling cos I've seen how hard the tiler uncle has worked, I will feel bad if I ask him to re-do! I was told by my contractor that it will look nicer after chemical wash, really hope so :rolleyes:

Edited by bleucheeze

Didn't take any photos of our loots from JB. So sad right... We were sooo tired after the tiring 5 hours scramble.

So I went down today to snap a pix of our downlights pending installation.

95B236C2-235F-4E60-87F0-94C5BD00BB3A-28290-00001E2734EA31C0_zps60a02426.jpg

Downlight with e27 holder is super hard to find in JB; apparently LED downlight is very popular there. LED's price is cheaper compared to Singapore but I am not sure about its quality. There was this rude shopkeeper who said "e27 type is outdated already, you should buy LED"! To each its own lor, period.

And here's a sneak peak of the yummy paint colour for my study! So glad I took the plunge and chose this colour :sport-smiley-004:

9F7A1694-1C2D-4C82-AAFE-F0F2CB675273-28290-00001E282754BEC1_zpsdc6c4bca.jpg

Edited by bleucheeze

Receive this in office today!

DCF54ABD-3EC0-4CC0-9879-D8910A5224AA-28722-00001E77E8509BE8_zps2bb0a276.jpg

When I saw price dropped by around US$20, quickly ordered this without hesitation. Presenting... my Kohler Flipside handshower! Erm, just box pix cos I forgot to take pix of the handshower and already sealed up the parcel after inspecting :P

47DCFDCF-15B5-4DCA-8AEB-E370568B0CDE-28722-00001E76A20504B4_zpsde85fcac.jpg

What did u use to ship your Kohler? Vpost or Amazon shipped directly to you?

And finally see your tofu tiled island. And your peranakan flooring! Not bad; can't wait to see your orange laminated cabinets!

What did u use to ship your Kohler? Vpost or Amazon shipped directly to you?

And finally see your tofu tiled island. And your peranakan flooring! Not bad; can't wait to see your orange laminated cabinets!

I ordered the Kohler from Amazon. It cost less than S$100 per set! :sport-smiley-004:

I can't wait to see my carpentry too, but contractor says there will be a delay. And we are supposed to move in end of the month. Seems like mission impossible. zzzz.

Edited by bleucheeze

Yesterday was venture into industrial estate day! And guess what I saw?

71AC258E-B132-45B8-AE65-9517F6DECAD4-28290-00001E2839B7C2CB_zpsbc133e15.jpg

I am expecting my tb orders from them this Sat. Hope everything will be fine. fingers crossed.

Went to look for this metal thingy for our wardrobe door. Called a few suppliers and only two are kind enough to entertain me. But they were all like "why u wanna use this metal, may scratch your hand one". True enough, when I mishandled the sample piece accidentally in the car, it caused two tiny surface cuts on my fingers. Zzzz. But I am still keen to use it :P

CADE3EE9-F508-4338-A2CD-FE8AB76A6C5D-28290-00001E2841230531_zps3713715c.jpg

We were lucky the first supplier we visited were very nice people, so we decided to ask our carpenter to order from them. Didn't bother to compare price with a second supplier which I planned to visit yesterday but didn't do so.

After this, headed to Second Charm to view our TV console, such a beauty! :wub: It was quite dark so didn't take any pix. Shall reveal more after they are delivered.

Our last stop was in Changi industrial area. Ordered our E27 track lights from Catalina. The boss is very knowledgeable and shared quite a lot with us. :yeah:

Learned a lot during renovation and am still learning. The best part is, it has brought me to many interesting places I may otherwise not visit! Here's a parting shot I took at one of the industrial parks.

9C8E4F19-7E01-4783-822D-29FD630BCAF8-28290-00001E2832401CCD_zps51d33391.jpg

I think after renovation, all of us can graduate with honors in renovation & coordination ;)

i think we can become contractors liao

First, I need to learn how to speak Hokkien! LOL! :bow:

Wow, you managed to track down E27 track light holders in Changi! I got mine from TB but they are not so good looking. Care to share the company and price you paid for the lights?