Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
bleucheeze

When Industrial Meets Mid Century Mod

Wow, you managed to track down E27 track light holders in Changi! I got mine from TB but they are not so good looking. Care to share the company and price you paid for the lights?

How does your TB one looks like? Apparently, design of the holder determines its usage, for eg light will be more dispersed as opposed to a concentrated beam.

It's Catalina Lighting, Blk 3012 #04-2034 Bedok Industrial Park E. tel 64496030.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

If you still hunting for electronics stuffs,Electrolux is having their warehouse sale this weekend 13-14 April @ Jackson Square Toa Payoh

Thanks for the headsup! Is their warehouse sale usually good?

Hi bleucheeze

Very curious how your E27 track light look like? What's the price of it?

Lighting.com quoted me around 47 per led track light fixture.

Thanks! :)

Hi bleucheeze

Very curious how your E27 track light look like? What's the price of it?

Lighting.com quoted me around 47 per led track light fixture.

Thanks! :)

Mine is not LED but uses normal e27 light bulb, so the light holder looks different. Its more for general lighting... If you want to use it as a spotlight, then this is not suitable. I didn't take any photo at the shop, so no pix to share.

Now that we've nothing much to do while waiting for carpentry, it's time to look at blinds and curtain.

We like the clean look of white timber blind with contrasting black tape, something like this:

JSblindwblacktape_zpscdef0c54.jpg

But is it weird to do blinds for full height window with sliding door? This is how our living hall looks like. Door in the middle opens to the balcony.

P2270101_S_zps416ab956.jpg

As the window is pretty wide, I can imagine blind cleaning will be a headache.

Also, can such timber blind block out some light for day time tv viewing?

Another option is to do curtains in a neutral shade like off white, since our living hall is already accented with bright colours. :dunno:

Edited by bleucheeze

Yesterday was venture into industrial estate day! And guess what I saw?

71AC258E-B132-45B8-AE65-9517F6DECAD4-28290-00001E2839B7C2CB_zpsbc133e15.jpg

I am expecting my tb orders from them this Sat. Hope everything will be fine. fingers crossed.

Went to look for this metal thingy for our wardrobe door. Called a few suppliers and only two are kind enough to entertain me. But they were all like "why u wanna use this metal, may scratch your hand one". True enough, when I mishandled the sample piece accidentally in the car, it caused two tiny surface cuts on my fingers. Zzzz. But I am still keen to use it :P

CADE3EE9-F508-4338-A2CD-FE8AB76A6C5D-28290-00001E2841230531_zps3713715c.jpg

We were lucky the first supplier we visited were very nice people, so we decided to ask our carpenter to order from them. Didn't bother to compare price with a second supplier which I planned to visit yesterday but didn't do so.

After this, headed to Second Charm to view our TV console, such a beauty! :wub: It was quite dark so didn't take any pix. Shall reveal more after they are delivered.

Our last stop was in Changi industrial area. Ordered our E27 track lights from Catalina. The boss is very knowledgeable and shared quite a lot with us. :yeah:

Learned a lot during renovation and am still learning. The best part is, it has brought me to many interesting places I may otherwise not visit! Here's a parting shot I took at one of the industrial parks.

9C8E4F19-7E01-4783-822D-29FD630BCAF8-28290-00001E2832401CCD_zps51d33391.jpg

bleucheeze, what was the metal thingy for? I am so kuku nbr see this before... :dunno:

bleucheeze, what was the metal thingy for? I am so kuku nbr see this before... :dunno:

That metal piece is used for industrial and commercial purpose lah. I wanna adapt it for my wardrobe door. Meeting my contractor and carpenter on Sat to discuss about it, hope is do-able!

Edited by bleucheeze

How does your TB one looks like? Apparently, design of the holder determines its usage, for eg light will be more dispersed as opposed to a concentrated beam.

It's Catalina Lighting, Blk 3012 #04-2034 Bedok Industrial Park E. tel 64496030.

Hi bleucheeze, here is a pic of my E27 track lights from TB. Very limited designs there cause everybody is selling LED.

8640968292_772d93dce0.jpg

I am using the lights to illuminate the whole place and not for accent lighting. Anyway the holders happen to be short and the light bulbs protrude out from them. Do share a photo of your lights when you receive them.

Hi bleucheeze, here is a pic of my E27 track lights from TB. Very limited designs there cause everybody is selling LED.

8640968292_772d93dce0.jpg

I am using the lights to illuminate the whole place and not for accent lighting. Anyway the holders happen to be short and the light bulbs protrude out from them. Do share a photo of your lights when you receive them.

Yes, I tried searching on TB and it's very limited.

If you don't want it to protrude, perhaps can use a lower wattage (so shorter) bulb?

Mine is not LED but uses normal e27 light bulb, so the light holder looks different. Its more for general lighting... If you want to use it as a spotlight, then this is not suitable. I didn't take any photo at the shop, so no pix to share.

Thanks for the information. Am also looking for general e27 lights for my track. I find LED track lights too expensive and too focused.

Looking forward to your actual picture. :)

Hi Bleucheeze,

Can I check with you on the laminates as you did quite a bit of researching into it from what I read.

So to the question, Is Lamitak better or EDL? or the same?

Were you able to find out which laminate would be better and can last longer and not damaged easily? Also is there a difference between 12,, and 10 mm and the cost? which is cheaper and which is expensive?

Appreciate if you can provide any information that can help!

Thank you! Much appreciated.

Thanks for the headsup! Is their warehouse sale usually good?

with all the electrical warehouse sale,there bound to be gems.Same like Mayer sale.Lol.I not in the mood to shop.Window shopping and browsing yes.When 2014 3/4qtr beckons than can switch on shopping mode.Hehe

Hi Bleucheeze,

Can I check with you on the laminates as you did quite a bit of researching into it from what I read.

So to the question, Is Lamitak better or EDL? or the same?

Were you able to find out which laminate would be better and can last longer and not damaged easily? Also is there a difference between 12,, and 10 mm and the cost? which is cheaper and which is expensive?

Appreciate if you can provide any information that can help!

Thank you! Much appreciated.

Perhaps u can ask Alan about this. I didn't really research on which is more long lasting and cheaper. If you are going for laminates with design, you'd realize different brands offer different designs, so it all boils down to which design you prefer, not the other way round (brand-> design), at least for me. I chose Lamitak and Lam Chuan.

As for thickness, I read in this forum that it matters when one is choosing glossy laminate, as laminate may appear wavy when viewed from the side if it's not thick enough. For glossy ones, some people say best to use at least 8mm or 10mm, but I think the quality of laminate matters too. I did asked Lamitak about wavy-ness and they say it's due to the plywood carpenter uses, as plywood may not be 100% even. Hope that helps :)

Edited by bleucheeze