Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
bleucheeze

When Industrial Meets Mid Century Mod

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

What is your wardrobe laminate going to look like? Aluminum can't match that well?

Cos my door would be that metal painted black, so I'd prefer runner to be black. It's a bit hard to describe, but it has different shades of brown, kinda resemble rust. Here's a pic of it (the right one).

91061827-4C1D-40F2-88AE-4E5301FEB1AD-31286-0000216FC80B31B9_zpsdeb32541.jpg

Edited by bleucheeze

Received my TB loots today. My zakka box has mould growing all over! :jawdrop: Was so disgusted that I threw it away. I suspect it could be due to prolonged storage... could be seller has been storing it for quite a while. Or it could be due to prolonged storage at amcon's warehouse in GZ and Sg, cos i arranged for delivery only one week after it reaches Sg.

1F0D052E-AE5D-42B2-B508-B04940A95E52-31286-00002170233D908B_zpsadd1331e.jpg

Edited by bleucheeze

Perhaps u can ask Alan about this. I didn't really research on which is more long lasting and cheaper. If you are going for laminates with design, you'd realize different brands offer different designs, so it all boils down to which design you prefer, not the other way round (brand-> design), at least for me. I chose Lamitak and Lam Chuan.

As for thickness, I read in this forum that it matters when one is choosing glossy laminate, as laminate may appear wavy when viewed from the side if it's not thick enough. For glossy ones, some people say best to use at least 8mm or 10mm, but I think the quality of laminate matters too. I did asked Lamitak about wavy-ness and they say it's due to the plywood carpenter uses, as plywood may not be 100% even. Hope that helps :)

i'm not so hardworking.

:bow: i kowtow u guys...

BA69CCAA-6D0F-4224-96D7-ACDD0B4508A6-31286-0000216FE1B794CC_zps232624eb.jpg

I don't know whether is it normal for black grouting to look so dirty? And this is after acid wash. Any idea how to remove part of the grouting, especially those on the marble skirting?

Received my TB loots today. My zakka box has mould growing all over! :jawdrop: Was so disgusted that I threw it away. I suspect it could be due to prolonged storage... could be seller has been storing it for quite a while. Or it could be due to prolonged storage at amcon's warehouse in GZ and Sg, cos i arranged for delivery only one week after it reaches Sg.

omg. really quite disgusting leh. i wonder if my chairs are like that too... =((

i havent opened up to see yet.

did u pay a lot for the zakka box?

omg. really quite disgusting leh. i wonder if my chairs are like that too... =((

i havent opened up to see yet.

did u pay a lot for the zakka box?

I paid close to S$20 for it. I have a phobia for mould so I'd rather throw than to clean it. Now I'm praying hard my other loots (eg my rubbish bins and plastic side tables) won't have mould growing on them. :dunno: I am now storing them in my new place storeroom in their original boxes.

Met the curtain uncle on Saturday. Here are the fabrics we chose:

225C03D5-2D80-4D15-B8AA-0D487F5C1A94-31286-000021700986D49A_zpsa4bbd5ba.jpg

Dimmer curtain for living hall.

1B3291B0-292E-47E5-90DC-9F236D3E05FA-31286-0000216FF812A301_zpsa3ecf8e8.jpg

Blackout curtain for MBR.

Actually is dimmer or blackout more suitable for living hall? I am only doing one layer, so no day curtain. I kinda prefer the pattern of the MBR blackout curtain than the dimmer fabric I chose for living hall.

B73E77FE-B5EB-4F7B-A0AA-755BB329EEDA-31286-0000217015BB84A9_zpsf23495c7.jpg

Zebra blinds for study room.

Also chose a blackout blind for WIW but forgot to take pix.

Hi Bleucheeze,

Thanks for the info. Am not going to be using glossy laminate. Probably have to find the brand with the best looking laminate for the color I am looking for.

Perhaps u can ask Alan about this. I didn't really research on which is more long lasting and cheaper. If you are going for laminates with design, you'd realize different brands offer different designs, so it all boils down to which design you prefer, not the other way round (brand-> design), at least for me. I chose Lamitak and Lam Chuan.

As for thickness, I read in this forum that it matters when one is choosing glossy laminate, as laminate may appear wavy when viewed from the side if it's not thick enough. For glossy ones, some people say best to use at least 8mm or 10mm, but I think the quality of laminate matters too. I did asked Lamitak about wavy-ness and they say it's due to the plywood carpenter uses, as plywood may not be 100% even. Hope that helps :)

The grouting looks pretty bad, hmm is your tiles not align or is my eyes?

BA69CCAA-6D0F-4224-96D7-ACDD0B4508A6-31286-0000216FE1B794CC_zps232624eb.jpg

I don't know whether is it normal for black grouting to look so dirty? And this is after acid wash. Any idea how to remove part of the grouting, especially those on the marble skirting?

The grouting looks pretty bad, hmm is your tiles not align or is my eyes?

Not sure if it's not aligned here but there are other spots where my tofu tiles are not aligned. This is not the workmanship standard I was expecting... Sigh. And there are other spots near the floor where the black grouting looks exceptionally dirt. :bleah:

So are you going to ask them to fixed or cleaned up??

Who is the Tiler? Is it a uncle with a Moustache?

Not sure if it's not aligned here but there are other spots where my tofu tiles are not aligned. This is not the workmanship standard I was expecting... Sigh. And there are other spots near the floor where the black grouting looks exceptionally dirt. :bleah:

bleucheese...

choice of curtains not bad. :sport-smiley-004:

feel bad for ur tofu tiles.. same feeling as my mosaic lo.

workmanship so bad, and we cant do anything abt it.

have u spoken to your ID?