Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
bleucheeze

When Industrial Meets Mid Century Mod

So are you going to ask them to fixed or cleaned up??

Who is the Tiler? Is it a uncle with a Moustache?

My tiler uncle doesn't have moustache... And this is after acid wash, I thought acid wash may lighten grout line a bit. Any idea how do they clean up? I am thinking of using scraper to scrap it out myself :dunno:

bleucheese...

choice of curtains not bad. :sport-smiley-004:

feel bad for ur tofu tiles.. same feeling as my mosaic lo.

workmanship so bad, and we cant do anything abt it.

have u spoken to your ID?

I spoke to my contractor already, he says seldom got home owners use such tofu tiles and as they are considered small tiles, this kind of workmanship is considered good already. :rolleyes:

Edited by bleucheeze

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

I spoke to my contractor already, he says seldom got home owners use such tofu tiles and as they are considered small tiles, this kind of workmanship is considered good already. :rolleyes:

wah.. wat sh*t is that. did he charge you extra for installing tofu tiles?

They can be considered good but not good actually. So you should ask it to be fixed. Got any pictures of the type of tiles that were done well for the type of tiles. Show him the picture and tell him that is how you want it, see how it is done, very well done, look at the work here , pretty bad, need to fix at least as close as possible as the picture lar. Tell that and see if it works? ;p

Why don't you ask the tiling uncle? I am sure they can tell you how?

If you use a scraper, wouldn't it scratch or chip the tiles?

My tiler uncle doesn't have moustache... And this is after acid wash, I thought acid wash may lighten grout line a bit. Any idea how do they clean up? I am thinking of using scraper to scrap it out myself :dunno:

I don't think he got charge extra.

ok. then i guess u got it slightly better.

i had to top up for 60 x 30cm tiles, for installing those tiles (they call it upgrade) and pay extra for installing mosaic tiles. mosaic tiles provided by me!

workmanshop for mosaic tiles cost me nearly 1k. and their workmanship sucks.

Edited by Z3phy

They can be considered good but not good actually. So you should ask it to be fixed. Got any pictures of the type of tiles that were done well for the type of tiles. Show him the picture and tell him that is how you want it, see how it is done, very well done, look at the work here , pretty bad, need to fix at least as close as possible as the picture lar. Tell that and see if it works? ;p

Why don't you ask the tiling uncle? I am sure they can tell you how?

If you use a scraper, wouldn't it scratch or chip the tiles?

I really dunno... Tiling has completed quite a while ago, I don't see the tiling uncle anymore. I have asked contractor to re-do one of the floor tile cos the unevenness is not acceptable to me. As for the rest, maybe I will just live with it... sigh.

i had to top up for 60 x 30cm tiles, for installing those tiles (they call it upgrade) and pay extra for installing mosaic tiles. mosaic tiles provided by me!

Huh, first time I heard that using 60x30 must top up. I thought 60x30 is quite common. Did you top up cos the particular tile you chose cost more psf, or it's solely for the workmanship?

Z3phy,

You didn't use Alan correct? Who did you use?

Since the tiler is coming to fix one of the tiles, might as well, ask to fix this one also. You must ask or later you will regret why you didn't ask after looking it every time. =)

I really dunno... Tiling has completed quite a while ago, I don't see the tiling uncle anymore. I have asked contractor to re-do one of the floor tile cos the unevenness is not acceptable to me. As for the rest, maybe I will just live with it... sigh.

Huh, first time I heard that using 60x30 must top up. I thought 60x30 is quite common. Did you top up cos the particular tile you chose cost more psf, or it's solely for the workmanship?

BA69CCAA-6D0F-4224-96D7-ACDD0B4508A6-312

I don't know whether is it normal for black grouting to look so dirty? And this is after acid wash. Any idea how to remove part of the grouting, especially those on the marble skirting?

your black grouting looks really black. mine looks grey & many of it has changed color after acid wash. not sure if it's "normal". it's one of those things where you feel that it doesn't seem right but yet the thought of having to change all of it makes you feel doubly sian.

Since the tiler is coming to fix one of the tiles, might as well, ask to fix this one also. You must ask or later you will regret why you didn't ask after looking it every time. =)

Never ask, never know...

your black grouting looks really black. mine looks grey & many of it has changed color after acid wash. not sure if it's "normal". it's one of those things where you feel that it doesn't seem right but yet the thought of having to change all of it makes you feel doubly sian.

Ya, i thought it should lighten a bit after acid wash but apparently it doesn't! I told A that it looks really dirty and he replied "that's why I don't like to use black". He didn't warn me about this lor.

Never ask, never know...

I asked to level 2 uneven floor tiles. Will drop by this evening to check the results. Fingers crossed.

Edited by bleucheeze

Ya, i thought it should lighten a bit after acid wash but apparently it doesn't! I told A that it looks really dirty and he replied "that's why I don't like to use black". He didn't warn me about this lor.

I asked to level 2 uneven floor tiles. Will drop by this evening to check the results. Fingers crossed.

Black or white. No diff if its shoddy so it doesn't matter what color he likes. Since I did white and they can also not grout properly...