Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
bleucheeze

When Industrial Meets Mid Century Mod

Ya, same here! My mom was saying "aiyah 早知道你喜欢,我当时就不应该丢。我已经丢很多了!" I was so hoping mad!

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Finally some pictorial updates! Carpentry installation began last Thurs and it is not done yet.

P4270247_SS_zps20712cda.jpg

A small shoe cabinet, suspended to make it look less bulky and so as to put my Timberland boots below it. Initial plan was to use lacquered raw plywood for the frame but carpenter says until it's very ex and alot work. ZZzz. In the end I settled for a wood laminate, didn't like how the wood grain look like although I chose this based on sample piece. Self consolation - at least the front door is nice. :bleah:

P4270250_SS_zps1d9f9cad.jpg

Didn't want the usual kind of wardrobe design. Finally came out with industrial vibe wardrobe which is inspired by something I saw in magazine. A rusty effect laminate is complemented by the black wire mesh. On hindsight, I should have divided bottom drawers into two "columns" instead of three cos drawer space is rather tight.

Contractor and carpenter were not supportive of my design, keep stressing "it's complicated". One of them suggested using those glass with wire mesh within, but that doesn't give the feel I want! And both of them didn't want to help us source for the wire mesh. Fine, I go source myself lor. I'm so glad I did not gave in to them! :jammin:

Edited by bleucheeze

Presenting... the kitchen! I'm so glad I took the risk and chose this bright glossy orange laminate, it really complements the wash-out effect Peranakan floor tiles.

P4270242_SS_zps7ced5037.jpg

Got 2 heart attacks on carpentry installation day. First, we found out the top cabinet is too tall such that our hob to hood distance is shorter than the recommended distance. Already gave carpenter the drawing for this and he didn't follow. Grrr. I cannot accept this and asked him to modify it. He did it very fast, no questions asked; I guessed he realised it's his mistake.

P4270246_SS_zps0a5f7ff2.jpg

2nd heart attack is when carpenter told us he couldn't install the full height cabinet next to the island. Why? Cos contractor happily asked solid surface guys to install it before carpentry when usually it's done after carpentry. The solid surface was jutting out at the side so cabinet can't go in. zZZzzz. Boh bian lor, have to dismantle the solid surface and trim it.

People, if you want to opt for concrete based structure constructed from hollow blocks, please take note hollow blocks do take up some depth and you should provision for this cos in the end your carpentry space will be smaller if yours is the standard 600mm. Again, dear contractor didn't highlight this to me. If he did, I would have asked for a deeper island. :bleah:

Edited by bleucheeze

Finally some pictorial updates! Carpentry installation began last Thurs and it is not done yet.

P4270247_SS_zps20712cda.jpg

A small shoe cabinet, suspended to make it look less bulky and so as to put my Timberland boots below it. Initial plan was to use lacquered raw plywood for the frame but carpenter says until it's very ex and alot work. ZZzz. In the end I settled for a wood laminate, didn't like how the wood grain look like although I chose this based on sample piece. Self consolation - at least the front door is nice. :bleah:

P4270250_SS_zps1d9f9cad.jpg

Didn't want the usual kind of wardrobe design. Finally came out with industrial vibe wardrobe which is inspired by something I saw in magazine. A rusty effect laminate is complemented by the black wire mesh. On hindsight, I should have divided bottom drawers into two "columns" instead of three cos drawer space is rather tight.

Contractor and carpenter were not supportive of my design, keep stressing "it's complicated". One of them suggested using those glass with wire mesh within, but that doesn't give the feel I want! And both of them didn't want to help us source for the wire mesh. Fine, I go source myself lor. I'm so glad I did not gave in to them! :jammin:

HI could you share where did u get the wire mesh? tks..it look very nice!!

Edited by jardim

VERY nice! Like your wardrobe a lot! Can't wait to see the study room cabinets

Thanks gal! I can't wait to see the end product too. The cabinet is up but not the doors. They used cardboard to wrap up the entire cabinet, dunno why :P

Hi blueucheeze.. u hv lots of unconventional touches special to u only.. cool!! :good:

This is what they call, a really personalized home. It oozes with the owners taste and overall feel of how they are...

Am I correct Blue? ;p

Hi blueucheeze.. u hv lots of unconventional touches special to u only.. cool!! :good:

This is what they call, a really personalized home. It oozes with the owners taste and overall feel of how they are...

Am I correct Blue? ;p

Thanks! Ya, of course home must reflect the owners taste and liking, and of course must be comfortable as well. What's the point of spending so much on renovation if it's not your cup of tea right? hehe :P I think reno is only one part, gonna put in some effort in styling the house!

How's your reno coming along? So sorry i didn't get to reply your pm on my benches but your custom ones from 2nd charm looks pretty!

Looking forward to see your completed abode

How's your reno coming along? So sorry i didn't get to reply your pm on my benches but your custom ones from 2nd charm looks pretty!

Looking forward to see your completed abode

Hey, no worries about it. I'm moving this Friday! Can't wait to enjoy the fruits of our labour. Hehe.

Hi Blue,

No more pics of your other carpentry work? or the rest of your house? Moving in already wah!!.... me so so many things to finish up.

Last Friday had meeting with Alan and Carpenter on my Kitchen Cabinet. They said cannot do and I check with one of the tech people if really cannot do, and they said should be able to do, so got them to talk to the carpenter and they said now can do ....... so kinda anxious on what is going to happen.

Really spent quite a bit of money on my kitchen cabinet, hope it turns out the way I planned it.

Hey, no worries about it. I'm moving this Friday! Can't wait to enjoy the fruits of our labour. Hehe.