Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
cruz

Forex Trading

I have set up a practice account with Forex. 30-day trial period.

But I still have no idea how it works. How to use the features and all.

I can't seem to understand how to use the layout on the website.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

EUR/USD

Take a short position at 1,2540.

Put stop loss above 1,2650 (-110 pips).

Targets are 1,2450 (+90 pips, risk/reward 1:0.8),

OR 1,2260 (+280 pips, risk/reward 1:2.5) .

Each trade is dangerous, take care and put your stop loss.

Edited by flyersummer

I have set up a practice account with Forex. 30-day trial period.

But I still have no idea how it works. How to use the features and all.

I can't seem to understand how to use the layout on the website.

i've also setup an account with forex few days ago, and the broker actually called me from USA night time, and i've asked her some qns which i don't understand about the website. have they called you? think they will cal u and ask u how are u getting on with the software and they will be most helpful to deal with your doubts :)

i've also setup an account with forex few days ago, and the broker actually called me from USA night time, and i've asked her some qns which i don't understand about the website. have they called you? think they will cal u and ask u how are u getting on with the software and they will be most helpful to deal with your doubts :)

'

It is normal for them to call customer.

They are forex broker, just like stock broker ... the more you trade the more they earn. :)

'

It is normal for them to call customer.

They are forex broker, just like stock broker ... the more you trade the more they earn. :)

i used fxdd broker, you?

i used fxdd broker, you?

I used to have a few live trading accounts :)

But I haven't been trading for the last 1 year

FXCM, Forex.com, - My first 2 accounts

North Finance - Use e-gold

EasyForex - Used this in my office because no blocked by office firewall

dbFX - Signed up with a friend

Saxobank - Signed up with a friend

Edited by rendell

I used to have a few live trading accounts :)

But I haven't been trading for the last 1 year

FXCM, Forex.com, - My first 2 accounts

North Finance - Use e-gold

EasyForex - Used this in my office because no blocked by office firewall

dbFX - Signed up with a friend

Saxobank - Signed up with a friend

Hi rendell

How about mfglobal? or the ibfxu? I thought of getting an account but wonder which one to start off with. Any recommendations?

Hi rendell

How about mfglobal? or the ibfxu? I thought of getting an account but wonder which one to start off with. Any recommendations?

I have heard of both of them ...

You can sign up as many accounts as you want ... they are free unless you want to trade.

I have heard of both of them ...

You can sign up as many accounts as you want ... they are free unless you want to trade.

I like to know if their 'live feed' (should that be the the term?) is ok? I read somewhere it called MT4 is better. Heard from some friends that theirs sometimes got 'glitch' when the market moving too fast.

Metatrader is an established platform.

Honestly I think you guys should go and understand that different types of FX tools available then start picking out brokers. At the same time avoid the bucket shops and web based brokers.

www.fxstreet.com

www.forexfactory.com

are 2 very good websites to start learning.

1) Wannabe Traders should paper trade for at least 1-2months before starting a live account

2) Make sure you have at least 10k to 20k before trading.

3) Pick a time slot you prefer to trade

4) Always put stops. (FAR away) if you wanna put 10pip or 50pip stops then I think you shouldn't trade.

5) Pick ONE pair and understand it.

6) Trade the Majors AUDUSD/Cable/Fiber/USDJPY

7) Use minimum leverage for a start

8) Start by trading mini lots.

9) Never trading news

10) Prepare to lose whatever money you set aside.

Good luck.

I like to know if their 'live feed' (should that be the the term?) is ok? I read somewhere it called MT4 is better. Heard from some friends that theirs sometimes got 'glitch' when the market moving too fast.

Like what phantom said, MT4 is actually an established trading software.

Many companies are using it.

The reason for glitches is due to lousy server... especially during events like NFP announcements and etc.

Try out a few trial accounts to test first, and get the one with least spreads and less problems.

Like what phantom said, MT4 is actually an established trading software.

Many companies are using it.

The reason for glitches is due to lousy server... especially during events like NFP announcements and etc.

Try out a few trial accounts to test first, and get the one with least spreads and less problems.

Before starting out. Please Google. Bucket Shop.

there's no such thing as less spread. or guaranteed spread. Understand what is the deal behind it.

Like stocks FX always have buyer/seller.

Google what is ECN/Algorithmic Trading/Black Boxes/Fundamental Trading/Technical Analysis/Oscilliators etc...

Edited by Phantom

Before starting out. Please Google. Bucket Shop.

there's no such thing as less spread. or guaranteed spread. Understand what is the deal behind it.

Like stocks FX always have buyer/seller.

Google what is ECN/Algorithmic Trading/Black Boxes/Fundamental Trading/Technical Analysis/Oscilliators etc...

Waa, you seem to be knowledgeable leh, can share a bit whether you got make money and some of the principles to watch out for. I've hearing my girlfriends attending this course and that and still got burn. Yah, they practise on "practise account" which was fine until they start playing with their own money.

Waa, you seem to be knowledgeable leh, can share a bit whether you got make money and some of the principles to watch out for. I've hearing my girlfriends attending this course and that and still got burn. Yah, they practise on "practise account" which was fine until they start playing with their own money.

Yes. I've made money. Best Run 187% 3 weeks.

Yes. I've lost money. Margin Call.

My take is IF those chaps conducting lessons are really good, they would stick to trading rather than conduct trainings.. which IMHO is a very profitable business.

Practice accounts will never be the same as real accounts because its not real money.

Wannabe traders must understand something called Trading Psychology / Investment Psychology.

Example:

When people invest in a stock for example. They most of the time will sell the stock after making 10% or 20% gains. On the flip side there are people who almost never lock-in profits. thinking tomorow will be better.

I think I should conduct a class for you and your girlfriends.. how much are they charging for courses nowadays. LOL..