Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
aH_gUAn

From P 2 P

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

u know my flat had this ceiling lamp installed in the kitchen too..

Paiseh, just saw this! haha that must be the "popular" lamp on the then "renotalk" :dribble: 20yrs ago. haha

HAHA alan & i were just talking about your house today.

tiling starts this week? remember to post pics! :sport-smiley-004:

Haha.. good or bad? He will prob cringe when he hears my voice now. Haha Tiling started already loh too fast infact.. fast until Alan havent discuss with us where to conceal the electric pts and the kitchen is half done liao! Cham ah! and they also accidentally (listen wrongly) screed smooth our hollow block wall which is supposed to be left raw. Let's see how this can be salvaged tmr without having them to rework so much.

Humans all make mistakes, those that i can close one eye ( and hide those trucking w fridge or hide w wardrobe), i will but if really cannot then bo bian because we spent so much on the hollow blocks on reconstruction (of walls) for the purpose of hiding the trunking. spend so much and still see them i might as will go bang wall.

I'll post more pics tmr when it's mostly done.

Anyway we pop by Ikea and courts today after our light hunting day since the husband is still on leave. We can get many many stuff done !

We have been looking around for a Fridge and a washer for sometime and we have our eyes set on a Samsung side by side fridge and intend to go for a Samsung front load washer (this is in case we need to get a dryer in future).

We have been putting off buying the purchase because we think the later we buy, the cheaper electronics will be (as always) so when we were window shopping at Gain city, we came across a very good price for a Samsung side by side fridge (only $9 more than GAB or Khong Tai) and we thought it makes more sense buying from the big players for $9 difference but Gain City doesn't stock the model tt we wanted to get for washer.

There is an on-going promotion by Samsung now where by selected models of the fridge comes with a FREE 39 inch TV!! Gd deal we think but we must purchase it before 28 Feb and have it delivered before 24 March. Redemption ends 24 MArch 2013 and u need to model numbers of ur items to be able to collect the premiums.

We've also been hearing about the lowest price guarantee thing about courts so when we there to check it out and the price listed at courts was a whopping $110 difference from the amount that we saw at GC. So I asked the salesman serving us what does the lowest price guarantee means and he asked if we could provide pictures of the promo from GC (thank god for camera phones), he will match the price for us.

We also managed to snag a gd deal from the washer since there was this member promo special price at courts for a particular model of washer.

For just slightly above $2k, we snagged a washer, fridge and a FREE 39 " TV !!! GD Deal! :sport-smiley-004:

ScreenShot2013-02-22at123411AM.png

ScreenShot2013-02-22at123426AM.png

Moral of the story : NPNT, always take picture for reference.

Although there are minor hiccups here and there, we are pretty please with the tiling works. It looks fantastic and we really appreciate the effort that Alan and his team of tilers put in. When we meet with hiccups, he is very prompt to come down to resolve the issue with us. I guess using contractors vesus ID means that you must be prepared to spend time and effort in checking and co-ordinating the reno yourself because it's YOUR house afterall.

Partial Kitchen tiles up with the requested 45 degree for tiling.

IMG_2047.jpg

The service yard area w 3D Subway tiles - Swee! :good: worth every single cent.

IMG_2041.jpg

IMG_2042.jpg

Close up look of the 3D Subway tiles

IMG_2050.jpg

Common toilet with the normal flat subway tile laid in a neater way

IMG_2048.jpg

Although there are minor hiccups here and there, we are pretty please with the tiling works. It looks fantastic and we really appreciate the effort that Alan and his team of tilers put in. When we meet with hiccups, he is very prompt to come down to resolve the issue with us. I guess using contractors vesus ID means that you must be prepared to spend time and effort in checking and co-ordinating the reno yourself because it's YOUR house afterall.

The service yard area w 3D Subway tiles - Swee! :good: worth every single cent.

IMG_2041.jpg

IMG_2042.jpg

Close up look of the 3D Subway tiles

IMG_2050.jpg

yes! it's true..there were hiccups here & there but Alan doesn't dispute & tries his best to rectify. and this is something i duly appreciate too!

so u are the one who used "MANY" 3D tiles :sport-smiley-004:

:dancingqueen: YAY to SALES!!! Esp Warehouse sale.. We pop by the Lifestorey warehouse sale which strarted today to check out on the sale. They actually have the Strauss chair by Green on sale! but by the time we reach, it's already been fully sold. But alas, we did grab some good deals there too. :) Managed to snag 4 pieces of Kristalia Plana chair (only $99 a piece :thumbs up: ) and the Kartell Mademoiselle Chair at a really gd price :yamseng:

20090717155120_small-1.jpg

20090717155429_big.jpg

kartellmademoisellechair.jpg

yes! it's true..there were hiccups here & there but Alan doesn't dispute & tries his best to rectify. and this is something i duly appreciate too!

so u are the one who used "MANY" 3D tiles :sport-smiley-004:

Hahaha Yah lor. Im also the one who uses 400pieces of hollow block. ahahaha we're his current record holder!!

The Kartell is so gorgeous! For your dressing table? And 3D subway tiles do give an extra oomph - good choice!

Havent decide leh. I'm in this "iduncareijustwannabuyfirst" mode today. Will either use it at the vanity or the study :dancingqueen:

Yes 3D ones are really nice, we've only decided to go for it because we've seen it at Dean & Deluca at 313 somerset and they are using these w white grouting. Looks really outstanding. :good:

Love your tiles! I'm using the 3D subway tiles too! :dancingqueen: What colour grouting did u used for this - black? I'm considering between black or charcoal (dark grey) grouting.

Did you happen to have seen Kartell Componibili at the sale?

Love your tiles! I'm using the 3D subway tiles too! :dancingqueen: What colour grouting did u used for this - black? I'm considering between black or charcoal (dark grey) grouting.

Did you happen to have seen Kartell Componibili at the sale?

We will be using white and no, didn't see any componibili there.