Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
aH_gUAn

From P 2 P

Hi Ment0s,

Can you tell me more about the 45 degree tile cutting and laying? Whats the pros and cons?

Do you know anywhere I can read about it ?

I am trying to decide and since you have done it , appreciate if you could me more info and based on your experience. thanx!!

Hi,

Thanx so much for putting up the picture. Based on what I see, it might cost you quite a bit to bit a hollow wall . ;p

If I were to follow with my plan , I would need plaster ceiling as well as hollow wall bricks.....and the cost would probably go up again..... going up every single day...;P

The only I can do that is if I cut somewhere and put it here or I increase mu budget which I seriously do not want too...;p

But your picture looks great! :dribble: sigh....wants vs needs....tsk...tsk... :dunno:

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

your nest looks beautiful with the glorious sunlight flooding in! The turquiose tiles are gorgeous. The taps and rainshower are exactly what i wanan get too! cant wait to see more pictures!

Edited by mrmerry

Hi Ment0s,

Can you tell me more about the 45 degree tile cutting and laying? Whats the pros and cons?

Do you know anywhere I can read about it ?

I am trying to decide and since you have done it , appreciate if you could me more info and based on your experience. thanx!!

We actually came to know about the 45degree tiling from the t-blogs here! I forgot which one was it but it was a t-blog for an EM. I saw that he did a 45degree tiling and it looks v neat and sleek thus the decision to do that for our house but DO NOTE the pros is that it looks fantastic but it's also v prone to chips. If u do the regular tiling and if u stay in a HDB now , walk into your kitchen and you will prob see that the corner joint is a plastic PVC Strip that is on the edge. It looks ugly but that actually prevents the tile from chipping if u knock into it with somthing hard.

Unfortunate for us, some of the *gong gong* sub-cons have already chipped some of our edges and even 2 of our honeycomb mosaic :furious:

I'll upload some shots tmr for you to see how it looks like.

your nest looks beautiful with the glorious sunlight flooding in! The turquiose tiles are gorgeous. The taps and rainshower are exactly what i wanan get too! cant wait to see more pictures!

Thank you for your kind words! We love how bright the place is too and not to mention window but that also means we've spent a bomb on the grills and curtains! *thank goodness you only do those stuff once* Ha!

I'm counting down too unfortunately our renovation has been at a standstill because the carpentry is delayed and with that, the rest of the stuff has to be pushed back. Le sigh!

Hi ment0s,

Thank you so much for your help, really appreciate it. Looking forward to seeing the photos!

Are they going to fix the chip created by the sub-con?? they better do since its their fault!

We actually came to know about the 45degree tiling from the t-blogs here! I forgot which one was it but it was a t-blog for an EM. I saw that he did a 45degree tiling and it looks v neat and sleek thus the decision to do that for our house but DO NOTE the pros is that it looks fantastic but it's also v prone to chips. If u do the regular tiling and if u stay in a HDB now , walk into your kitchen and you will prob see that the corner joint is a plastic PVC Strip that is on the edge. It looks ugly but that actually prevents the tile from chipping if u knock into it with somthing hard.

Unfortunate for us, some of the *gong gong* sub-cons have already chipped some of our edges and even 2 of our honeycomb mosaic :furious:

I'll upload some shots tmr for you to see how it looks like.

Edited by jaykr

Hi ment0s,

Thank you so much for your help, really appreciate it. Looking forward to seeing the photos!

Are they going to fix the chip created by the sub-con?? they better do since its their fault!

AE265297-5B03-49CE-B4EF-C0D8B57EC7FC-1070-000000EE61248647.jpg

320F6059-388D-47E7-9DF4-B075AEAA7341-1070-000000EE5AD71E76.jpg

ED3ECC0E-713E-4311-88B9-56890DAC0356-1070-000000EE6800D6D3.jpg

Here you go jaykr, you can see the 45degree tiling as above the edges are sharp and thus it looks more neat and sleek. But it's prone to chips. I've uploaded another pic.

As for the chips, uncle says he cannot do anything except putty over coz to fix that he has to dig out he entire piece of mosaic... Guess we just have to live with that. Boo!

Letting go a doorbell which we bought wrongly by mistake

0595503A-EE41-49DC-9B47-5A8B1BB38870-1070-000000F3E2AC190C.jpg

Letting for cheap at $15 neg interested

Please pm me. Tks

Do note this is ac powered not battery

Finally seeing light at the end of the tunnel! :dancingqueen: the power track and quartz top makes the place looks more complete and def made my day despite the multiple hiccups lately.

55337B2A-AF17-4489-BE3A-7BC7C5685BAA-1400-000001324DD2B3F5.jpg

DAB57B29-781B-4591-AFD5-64CCD7750EBA-1400-000001324388EA9B.jpg

Finally seeing light at the end of the tunnel! :dancingqueen: the power track and quartz top makes the place looks more complete and def made my day despite the multiple hiccups lately.

55337B2A-AF17-4489-BE3A-7BC7C5685BAA-1400-000001324DD2B3F5.jpg

DAB57B29-781B-4591-AFD5-64CCD7750EBA-1400-000001324388EA9B.jpg

Congrats! Hehe. Are you using eubiq? Just curious, how much did it cost u?

Did you build top cabinet covering part of your window?

Edited by bleucheeze

Ur whole house flooring is herf? If not can I check with u how's the joint between herf & other flooring? Is there a kerb like other laminate flooring?

Congrats! Hehe. Are you using eubiq? Just curious, how much did it cost u?

Did you build top cabinet covering part of your window?

Yup, it's eubiq and those cost us around $700. And not we didn't cover our windows. Behind the space is actually our balcony/foyer entrance so we hacked an opening to allow light to flow through. :)

Ur whole house flooring is herf? If not can I check with u how's the joint between herf & other flooring? Is there a kerb like other laminate flooring?

Our entire house is HERF except for wet areas so those areas are separated by a kerb. We do not have other types of laminate flooring in the house. HTHs

Hi, did alan do the power track for you or you seperately did it yourself?

We sourced for the entire thing ourself and got the electrician to install it for us.